“Great for Seaworld”

Ranked #67 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Pensacola, Florida
“Great for Seaworld”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I only had a single room with the mini-fridge & microwave so I can't comment on the big rooms others have talked about. I like this place because it's easy to get into and out off, parking is close to the room, it's within walking distance of Sea World (I wouldn't try walking back just for lunch though) and it's close everything including I-4 and Disney. The area is nice and quiet, very unlike much of International Drive. My only complaint is the extremely low-flow shower head. Fortunately, the one in my room was loose so I just unscrewed it to take a shower. I've never stayed at a hotel with so little water from the shower head. They don't have a complementary breakfast so if that's ok with you, and you can find it at a good price, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Got2BeTru

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our room was huge with a tub the size of a small pool. The adjoining room left lots of room for our party of 4. The location is convenient, virtually right next to SeaWorld and Discovery Cove and an easy drive to the Disney properties. The room was very quiet and the bed quite comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KevinB_1966
miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

very expensive for reused and repainted furniture. Hilton name Not consistent with image or trademark history. plastic "Walmart" balcony furniture. convenient location to Seaworld and convenience stores.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank legba57
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Although I’m not sure what may have led you to believe we have reused or repainted furniture somewhere in the resort, I can tell you all of the soft goods, such as the mattresses and box-springs, as well as the sleeper sofas and window coverings in our units are replaced every five years, when the living room and dining table chairs are also re-upholstered, as opposed to being replaced, in support of our on-going sustainability efforts. As far as the case goods or hard goods, such as the dressers, nightstands and dining tables, in our units, they are replaced on a regularly scheduled ten year basis.

Peter M. Merrill
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy this hotel and have been here many times. Be prepared for late cleaning service, sometimes very late in the afternoon. I know they are a Hilton property but they don't seem to work very well with the Hilton system or Hilton Honors. I thought the elevator was about to give out at anytime and needed repair or overhaul. I also got a call early in the morning asking if I would attend a sales presentation and found it difficult to explain to the caller that time was too short on this trip to attend. But otherwise clean and comfortable.

Stayed January 2013
5 Thank XNeverHomeX
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is located right next to Seaworld and it's a 15 min ride to Universal. Very convenient if you are going to any of the parks. The check-in was fast and the staff was very friendly and give us tips of where to shop and dine around the hotel. They have a small convenient store right next to the lobby with a mini Starbucks coffee and tea selection. There were 2 amazing big pools, shuffle board, ping pong and a pool table, and even a little movie theater with different movies every night. Our room was 1 bedroom studio, located on the 6th floor, spacious, with a balcony that had 2 chairs. Everything was Very clean!, it had a ceiling fan which it was a plus. The studio has a kitchenette. The bathroom had enough towels which they were soft. We walked to the next door restaurant and bought supplies in the 7 Eleven across the street. Overall it was a great place to spend the weekend. And the housekeeping services came like in a regular hotel. The only thing we didn't use was the shuttle to the park because there is only one in the morning and one in the evening coming back from the park and we didn't want to worry about when we wanted to get back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sicomorotree
Highland, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We love this place! The price is just right every time we go to Florida. I love having a kitchen and separate family room! The huge jetted tub is SO wonderful after walking all day at the parks! It was close to everything! We had to stay at the Peabody hotel for work and then stayed a couple of extra days to play. it was so nice going from little space to all of this room to spread out!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jkmb26
Mercersburg, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'll cut to the chase. Two big pools by the main lobby, our kids (11 and 7) went back and forth from one pool to the next. I was told there was a third pool near the units further from the main building that was also very nice. We stayed in a 2 bedroom; everything we needed to either fix our own meal or relax in seperate rooms if we wanted to. Flatscreen TV's in all three rooms, Jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom. One of the things I love most about this property is that it's about 5 minutes to everything. Downtown Disney (and entrance to Disney - 5 minutes. It's across the street from Seaworld. There is a Walmart 5 minutes away. I-4 is within a half mile. For the kids, there is a kids club and at night there are different activities for adults as well (I participated in the Karaoke one night...). This is definitely a great place for families and if you wanted to take a day off from the theme parks, there is plenty to do at the resort! I have stayed at all three of the HGVC properties, and like this one and Parc Soleil better than the Tuscany location simply due to the convenient location. You can't go wrong with all three though. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at HGVC at Seaworld!

Room Tip: I would try to choose a unit close to the main lobby, simply to get to the main pools (although I di...