Stayed there for 8 nights with my family and had no problems. Would stay there again. Room was clean and quiet (The only things that counts in my book) Staff was courteous and attentive. Disney is just a few minutes away, quick access to Interstate 4, restaurants and grocery stores near by.
Since it was off season, the price I paid made it a great value.
I also appreciated the attraction/ticket desk at the hotel. In other Orlando hotels I have stayed at, the people manning the desk would almost tackle you to get you to their desk. I've actually have had someone yell across a lobby to get my attention once... (I was trying to ignore them) This not only happens in hotels, but also at most of the family restaurants too in Orlando. At Hawthorn Suites, the attraction/ticket desk was more like a Concierge desk. A service to you, not a outlet for someone to sell you something.
Okay now the downside, if you really need to have one... As you have read from other reviewers the free breakfast does gets old for us adults. Menu is basically an assortment of instant oatmeals, 2 of the same cereals, donut or danish, 3 juices, orange slices, apples, toast, French toast or waffles, bagel or english muffin. The hot items were sausages, tater tots, and scrambled eggs or pre-made omlettes. Don't know why they couldn't add more variety to the hot food offerings. The kids didn't complain and if they were happy; my wife and I were happy. Besides, it saved me at least $30 each morning. Cha ching!
Was planning on using the free bus shuttle to the park to save the $8 daily parking fee. You have 3 pick up times at the hotel (7:50am, 10am, 12 pm) Now the catch... You also had to specifiy when you were going to return when you were dropped off at the EPCOT transportation center. If that time was going to change, you needed to give 2 hours notice to the transport company. Pick ups at EPCOT were (6 pm, 8pm, 10pm). These scheduled times may change throughout the year, but in September all of the parks were closed by 9pm to the general public. Trying to predict when we would leave the park with the children in toe was hard. Especially if we planned on staying late for the show/fireworks and tired little feets were still needed to walk quickly to make the pick up in time. The 10pm at Epcot was cutting it way too close even when the other parks were closing at 8:00pm. If you're going to use the shuttle service, you'd better plan. We ended up driving because our children are young enough that falling asleep while standing is still a possibility. Last time we were at Disney, I ended up carrying 2 kids totalling 100 pounds while my wife dragged a stroller and 8 month old from the Magic Kingdom to the world's 4 largest and probably farthest parking lot. Didn't want to recreate that again, but this time doing several bus transfers over a couple hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest Hawthorn Suites to the Walt Disney World Resort! Just one mile from the entrance to Disney. Executive guest rooms perfect for corporate travelers and One Bedroom suites featuring fully equipped kitchens, separate living and dining room. Tropically landscaped outdoor pool area & jacuzzi. Complimentary scheduled transport to Disney and free hot breakfast. Two hour manager's reception in the evenings Monday-Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vacatia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelPower, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Hawthorn Lake Buena Vista
- Hawthorn Suites Orlando
- Orlando Hawthorn Suites