I arrived at the hotel late at around 9 pm and the front desk guy knew who we were since we were the last to check-in. I suggest getting a room on the bottom floor close to the lobby so that you do not have to walk far to the breakfast area or to your room after a long day at the parks. Luckily, our rooms were on the bottom floor with close access to everything, such as our car. My party had two rooms and both rooms were ready and clean when we arrived. I will list the pros and few cons of our stay at the Hawthorne suites.
Room: The fridge and kitchen were a plus even though all we did was stock up on drinks and snacks. My mother in the other room actually used the kitchen to cook and had no problems. Just as others have pointed out, the beds are extremely soft and feel absolutely heavenly. Room service was always done well and there was plenty of room. Lastly, internet service was complimentary in the rooms and the connection was perfect.
Breakfast: I stayed for a week and waited for bacon to be served (other reviewers stated they served it) but they never did. The only hot items alternated were scrambled eggs, sausage, and corned beef. In addition, some days waffles and english muffins were served with toast offered everyday. Cereal and fruits were offered everyday. We ate the breakfast everyday because even though it was not high quality food it was free and you can't complain about something free. Cereal and bread taste the same no matter where you go anyways. If you still crave something more delicious, a Denny's, Ihop and Waffle House are close by.
Location: The location was perfect for us since we had a car. I highly suggest renting a car to get to the parks and not using the shuttle, which I overheard some guests complaining about. The shuttle will take a long time to get to and from the parks and you are also restricted to few pick-up times. We got a great deal on a car (about $130 with taxes and fees for the week) and great deals can be found on the internet. Also, if you plan on going to Universal then having a car would definitely be more cost-efficient since the hotel does not offer a free shuttle for that park. There are plenty of restaurants within a couple of blocks of the hotel, close access to I-4 with Disneyworld about 5-15 minutes away depending on which park you are going to. A Wal-mart which we frequented was also about 5 minutes away by car. Since the parks close early, I suggest eating breakfast at the hotel, lunch at the park, and dinner out of the park to save money.
Bathroom: The bathroom is in need of a renovation. The shower curtain was not large enough to block the the water from spilling onto the floor. The toilet seat was cracked and chipped and the shower smelled of sulfur. Lastly, some of the towels had stains or were thinned out. Once the bathroom is revamped the hotel room would be perfect. It would be an added plus if the hotel could keep up with other properties and replace the televisions with LCD TV's.
Before my trip, I did extensive planning and found the book, "Unofficial Guide to Disney World" to be quite helpful. I suggest using the touring plans the book offers to minimize waits in lines (we never waited long in lines!). Also, if renting a car I suggest either bringing your GPS or renting one from the car company. I also want to emphasize that the hotel is not too close to restaurants or stores in terms of walking distance and is somewhat isolated from heavy traffic. On the other hand, if driving then everything is just a couple of minutes away and very close by. The front desk also prints out boarding passes which helped a great deal when checking out.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hawthorne Suites mostly due to the fact that the beds were heavenly, free breakfast was convenient, great service throughout the hotel and convenient location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest Hawthorn Suites to the Walt Disney World Resort! Just one mile from the entrance to Disney. Executive guest rooms perfect for corporate travelers and One Bedroom suites featuring fully equipped kitchens, separate living and dining room. Tropically landscaped outdoor pool area & jacuzzi. Complimentary scheduled transport to Disney and free hot breakfast. Two hour manager's reception in the evenings Monday-Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Hawthorn Lake Buena Vista
- Hawthorn Suites Orlando
- Orlando Hawthorn Suites