We stayed here for 2 weeks at the start of October and thorougly enjoyed everything the hotel had to offer.
The hotel itself is a nice big hotel, which was pleasantly quiet, but with enough guests to make it not feel like something out of The Shining. The people working behind the reception - Tina (day) and Mikey (night) - were great fun and superbly informative and made our stay even more fun, especially when it came to getting tokens for the games room. Yes, there is a games room - it's small but once you're hooked that's it!
The room we were given had 2 incredibly comfortable Queen size beds, an ensuite bathroom, dining table, 4 chairs, 2 tvs, good sofa and armchair, and a neat kitchen with a HUGE fridge and freezer. The only thing missing was a kettle but Americans aren't big on them so it's a boil in the saucepan for us typical Englishmen with our need for tea in the morning, which took as long as a kettle would.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. It is usually used by business customers staying for one or two nights but there were other families there too.
The pool is a lovely kidney shape with a jacuzzi next to it and an excellent sun catch for those who are tired from the parks or just want to catch up on their tan.
It is in a quiet area with a good shopping/restaurant park 2 minutes walk away, and with a free shuttle to the Disney Parks you couldn't ask for more. This shuttle only takes you to Epcot where you pick up other buses, all air-conditioned, to other parks. Absolutely wicked and these run every 20 minutes.
The only thing not 100% - the breakfast isn't great, and by the end of the first week I was a bit fed up of eggs, bagels and muffins, but there is a WICKED restaurant called Sizzlers 15 mins walk away with an all-you-can-eat buffet.
If you read bad reviews for this hotel please remember that wherever you go there will be mixed reviews, but I believe that if you have a friendly outlook you will attract the same and as a result we had a problem free stay, and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest Hawthorn Suites to the Walt Disney World Resort! Just one mile from the entrance to Disney. Executive guest rooms perfect for corporate travelers and One Bedroom suites featuring fully equipped kitchens, separate living and dining room. Tropically landscaped outdoor pool area & jacuzzi. Complimentary scheduled transport to Disney and free hot breakfast. Two hour manager's reception in the evenings Monday-Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Vacatia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Hawthorn Lake Buena Vista
- Hawthorn Suites Orlando
- Orlando Hawthorn Suites