I stayed in this hotel for one night on Thursday, April 3rd. I have stayed at this hotel on two other occasions this Spring 2014 - for one 5 night duration and another single night. The first two stays were fine although during one of them, the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and then went off three more times the following day (thankfully, there was no fire but it was super annoying). Overall, the hotel is very reasonably priced but it desperately needs an update.
The last time we stayed, the room's carpets seemed dirtier than what we had in the past but we thought maybe they were just stained. Whatever, fine for one night. We got the room unpacked and my family went down to the pool. I went to take a shower and the water would not drain. Not only that, the tub had not been cleaned so there was a puddle of other people's filth and hair. Totally not going to happen so I called the front desk and explained the tub situation to him. Disturbingly, the night manager didn't seem surprised and he offered to move us. I said that we had already unpacked and I am alone in the room - I'd have to repack everything by myself and move it alone. He made a couple of snarky "jokes" about how we were only there for one night. Yes, but I was catching a flight the next day and so we had packed separate suitcases. Not that it should matter how long we were staying. A dirty tub is a dirty tub and is unacceptable. Anyway, I reluctantly agreed to be moved as it was the only option he gave me. I hung up and started to pack while waiting on maintenance to bring up the new room keys. I decided to call back and just ask if he could instead send cleaning supplies and I would just clean it myself. Disturbingly (again), he said he didn't have access to any cleaning supplies. This is a manager, mind you. Okay, so I finish packing and the maintenance man brings me the new room keys. I ask him to wait so I can make sure the next tub was clean and would drain. He seemed to think I was being unreasonable but he waited anyway. The next tub was fine so the man left and I made 4 trips in order to transfer all of our stuff and then unpacked everything again. I received no discount, no apology, and was essentially mocked for only staying one night. Had he taken a moment to check our history, he would have seen that we have stayed for a longer period in the past. We live in Florida and have season passes to Disney World so we do not need to book the hotel for a week every time we go to DW, nor should we have to in order to receive a clean room and a little respect.
Overall, the hotel seems to be more suited for out-of-staters who need to spend a week or more at this hotel. For Floridians who want to come at random intervals and have the audacity to expect cleanliness and decent hospitality, you're probably better off finding something else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest Hawthorn Suites to the Walt Disney World Resort! Just one mile from the entrance to Disney. Executive guest rooms perfect for corporate travelers and One Bedroom suites featuring fully equipped kitchens, separate living and dining room. Tropically landscaped outdoor pool area & jacuzzi. Complimentary scheduled transport to Disney and free hot breakfast. Two hour manager's reception in the evenings Monday-Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Hawthorn Lake Buena Vista
- Hawthorn Suites Orlando
- Orlando Hawthorn Suites