“Home away from home”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando/East UCF Area
Ranked #13 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The staff and amenities at this hotel are excellent. The rooms are comfortable and clean; the staff warm and courteous. The freen internet access and complimentary breakfast make it an excellent value as well.

Room Tip: Book early for UCF events because this hotel fills up quickly.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton3450, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando/East UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Katia S,

Thank you for your recent comments. We all take pride in our hotel and it is great to know that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to your next visit.

Debbie Hymes
Sales Manager

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had a 2 night stay and was not disappointed. Hotel is clean and comfortable. Plenty of towels in room. Bed is very comfortable. Service was very good at check-in as well as at the breakfast bar. The breakfast was good with many items to choose from. Room was made up nicely the next day. My only negative comment is that the cleaning staff on both mornings was hanging out in the hallway by the breakfast bar. This didn't give a professional appearance.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank acaida
Reviewed October 16, 2012

As many other reviewers have noted, this hotel is very convenient to the UCF campus. We have been staying here repeatedly for UCF visits since 2011. They have always honored my requests for a first floor room, and for late check-outs. The property is always clean and bright, and has a few special features that make it unique: the pool located in the interior courtyard is attractively and landscaped; there is also a screened porch area with ceiling fans; wi-fi is fast and free; breakfast is served until 10am everyday and is kept fresh, hot & plentiful; there is a tidy laundry room and workout room. The breakfast room overlooks the pool, and you can carry you plate outside and eat at a poolside table.
The lobby and breakfast area has high ceilings, plantation shutters on large windows, and several ceiling fans. There is abundant parking. The staff is attentive, and stable: we have been seeing the same faces every visit. Negatives: Some of the decor is a bit dated, but it is not that bad. The bathroom finishes are cheap quality, esp. the shower. If you have noisy neighbors, you will definitely hear them.
We will keep going back - for our AAA rate of $80 per night, the value is unbeatable.
One further note: some of the photos here on Trip Advisor are of a dif hotel. To see what a room, or the hotel, actually looks like check the hotel website.

Room Tip: First floor rooms, overlooking the parking lot are best. Then you can avoid the rattling elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Being a rewards member with Hilton and our son attending UCF, We have booked this hotel a few times( researching colleges, orientation, move in, etc)
In Aug we booked 2 rooms( one for the wife and I and one for my N Laws who are in their 70s) with the rooms adjoining.
We show up to the hotel and check in without incident. Upon loading the room with our luggage, I walk from the room onto the bathroom tile. I busted it right there on the tile. As I lay there checking to see if I broke anything or if anyone saw me( lol. ) I heard the others in the adjoining room say " the carpet is wet" so I yelled out " Do not step on the tile " I got up and told them all the tile is very slick and I just bit it in the other room.
I called down to the front desk and told them that the carpets are wet and that causes the tile to ne real slick when you walk on it from the carpet. I explained how I already fell and thank god it was not one of my N laws who would have broken a hip.
The kid at the front desk said he would send someone up to check it out. The person who showed up explained that the carpets were just cleaned and he will report that the carpets are still wet.
The next call I got was the duty manager who explained that the only adjoining rooms that were not wet was a suite and a regular room but I would have to pay the additional suite rate to move rooms.
After a bit of me chewing him a bit, he said he would move us for the same money. Imagine that....what a guy after putting us in 2 unsafe rooms.
We found that the suite worked well for us. So I went the next day to upgrade one of our 2 rooms for this weekend's 9-14/9-16 reservation to a suite ( and pay for it). Only for them to tell me they can not locate a reservation for that weekend but if I had a confirmation number then they might find it. Knowing I had the reservation number at home I just walked off discussed.
Well called over today to make the change with conf. # in hand only to be told that they only booked me one room with that reservation and they are now sold out. I am sure they booked 2 rooms and probably gave one up to change it to a suite as I requested and then forgot to give me a suite or it is under another # now and they can not find it. Either way, we were screwed.
Had to book another hotel Hilton Garden Inn (to get points) which cost $50 more per night x 2 rooms x2 nights and no breakfast included. So because they screwed up we get to pay $250-$300 including breakfast more for this trip and they said SORRY THERE ISN'T ANYTHING WE CAN DO SIR
This to a customer that progressed quickly to SILVER status in their reward program. Hate to see what they would do for just someone off the street.
If all goes well you will enjoy the place but if it doesn't do not look for any help just leave.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family and I stayed here while visiting the orlando area. We got a great deal on the hotel; however, that's all I can say nice about the hotel. Except for the night staff running the front desk. I didn;t catch his name but he was there all three nights we stayed running the front desk. He was very helpful & friendly. The rooms were awful. The beds were not comfortable. The bathroom had long black hair all over it. The shower didn't drain. The only postive thing in the room was the ac worked well. The pool was nice, and clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MMD60
Hampton3450, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando/East UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear MMD60,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience you encountered. We also would be grateful if you would contact the hotel to discuss your problems so we can look into the issues that you mentioned. We take pride in the cleanliness and comfort for all of our guest and need to address the problems as quickly as possible. You may contact us at 407-282-0029 Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 5:00pm. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Booked two nights for several folks (myself included) for business. Got great rate related to client we were seeing (local biggie). Rooms were immaculate, Internet was fast and FREE, breakfast was tasty and fresh (eggs, fruits, baked goods, make-your-own-waffles), and the staff consistently helpful.

The hotel's nothing special to look at and the location is what it is -- you're not going there as a destination resort :) But the facilities are modern and upscale -- including the dining area, sitting areas, pool and workout room. Special kudos to 24-hour per day workout room!

Room Tip: I'd recommend an exterior facing room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I like Hampton Inns, stay at them frequently, but first time here. I was able to get an early checkin which was appreciated. There was a minor problem with toilet which was quickly attended to. The room and the carpet felt a little humid. Location was excellent for university and for many dining locations close by on University Blvd. Also, I disagree with one of your recent reviewers: the breakfast was excellent. Good omelet plus home fries and hard-boiled eggs available. We will definitely stay here again when visiting relatives at UCF.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank chazb0

Dear Chazb0,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback and will continue to put our customers first. By the way, I think our breakfast is excellent as well.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon