Being a rewards member with Hilton and our son attending UCF, We have booked this hotel a few times( researching colleges, orientation, move in, etc)
In Aug we booked 2 rooms( one for the wife and I and one for my N Laws who are in their 70s) with the rooms adjoining.
We show up to the hotel and check in without incident. Upon loading the room with our luggage, I walk from the room onto the bathroom tile. I busted it right there on the tile. As I lay there checking to see if I broke anything or if anyone saw me( lol. ) I heard the others in the adjoining room say " the carpet is wet" so I yelled out " Do not step on the tile " I got up and told them all the tile is very slick and I just bit it in the other room.
I called down to the front desk and told them that the carpets are wet and that causes the tile to ne real slick when you walk on it from the carpet. I explained how I already fell and thank god it was not one of my N laws who would have broken a hip.
The kid at the front desk said he would send someone up to check it out. The person who showed up explained that the carpets were just cleaned and he will report that the carpets are still wet.
The next call I got was the duty manager who explained that the only adjoining rooms that were not wet was a suite and a regular room but I would have to pay the additional suite rate to move rooms.
After a bit of me chewing him a bit, he said he would move us for the same money. Imagine that....what a guy after putting us in 2 unsafe rooms.
We found that the suite worked well for us. So I went the next day to upgrade one of our 2 rooms for this weekend's 9-14/9-16 reservation to a suite ( and pay for it). Only for them to tell me they can not locate a reservation for that weekend but if I had a confirmation number then they might find it. Knowing I had the reservation number at home I just walked off discussed.
Well called over today to make the change with conf. # in hand only to be told that they only booked me one room with that reservation and they are now sold out. I am sure they booked 2 rooms and probably gave one up to change it to a suite as I requested and then forgot to give me a suite or it is under another # now and they can not find it. Either way, we were screwed.
Had to book another hotel Hilton Garden Inn (to get points) which cost $50 more per night x 2 rooms x2 nights and no breakfast included. So because they screwed up we get to pay $250-$300 including breakfast more for this trip and they said SORRY THERE ISN'T ANYTHING WE CAN DO SIR
This to a customer that progressed quickly to SILVER status in their reward program. Hate to see what they would do for just someone off the street.
If all goes well you will enjoy the place but if it doesn't do not look for any help just leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for a comfortable Orlando hotel near the University of Central Florida or are here visiting many of the local business located in Research Park and Quadrangle Boulevard, choose Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando/East UCF Area where everyday amenities such as breakfast, parking and WiFi are guaranteed! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando/East UCF Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando e - University Of Central Florida Hotel Orlando
- Hampton Inn And Suites Orlando e - University Of Central Florida
- Hampton Inn Orlando
- Orlando Hampton Inn