We stayed at Comfort Inn and suites in August 2012 for 10 nights we previously stayed at this hotel in 2009 when it was Fairfield Inn & Suites.
We had a standard room on the third floor overlooking the pool on arrival the room was very clean, comfortable and pleasant. The rooms are a good size with plenty of storage space there is also an iron /ironing board and hairdryer.
Our room could sometimes be a little noisy at night due to people using the pool but this wasn't a problem because it went quiet as soon as the pool closed.
The breakfast offered each day is very good value and includes hot and cold food including home made waffles, bread, toast, cereals etc...on one occasion we had breakfast there was even scrambled eggs and flat sausage which was very nice.
Although it can get very busy at breakfast we always found a table either inside or out.
The pool area is clean and pleasant and there is a lovely hot whirlpool there are pool towels available to use at the pool .
The pool was only used by a few people during our stay on the couple of times we visited so there was always plenty of sun loungers available.
The location of the hotel is great just off International Drive on Canada Avenue so its a lot quieter which we prefer but also in a good location if you don't have a car.
The hotel does transfers to all the theme parks we didn't used them on this occasion because we had a car but have used them previously.
Staff at the desk and in the hotel were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel was obviously being renovated during our stay we saw them deliver new fridges & they put in new drinks machines during our stay.
The hotel is a Universal Studios partner hotel and we were given a Universal discount card which saved us money when purchasing gifts in the parks.
Our only problems were .... The maid service was ok but a bit hit and miss with leaving us clean towels one day we were left just one clean towel for 3 of us! And one morning we also reported our toilet wasn't flushing properly they asked if we was going out & we informed them we would be out all day they said they would sent someone to have a look whilst we were out. On our return it still didn't flush, we were surprised the maid hadn't noticed whilst cleaning ..... We again reported it to reception and they said they had no record of our complaint and it would be now be the next day before they could do anything needless to say it never got sorted prior to us leaving although these couple of things were a bit disappointing it wasn't a problem and did not spoil our stay.
This hotel is very good value for a bed and breakfast, good location hotel it's clean, nice and provides safe free parking.
Do not be put off by the name /owner change we stayed previously when it was Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites and didn't notice a difference.
We would definitely stay here again and would / have recommended it to people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites® Downtown hotel in Orlando, FL is just a mile north of downtown but just across the street from Florida Hospital and within minutes of the Amway Arena and the Expo Center. Our smoke-free Orlando hotel is a short distance from Disney World and attractions like: Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium MGM Studios Loch Haven Park Epcot Center Magic Kingdom Park We’re a short drive away from both the Orlando International Airport and the Orlando Sanford International Airport. Business travelers will appreciate our meeting room and boardroom, which can accommodate up to 37 guests. At our hotel in Orlando, you can take advantage of such amenities as: Free WiFi Fitness center Outdoor heated pool Free weekday newspaper Guest laundry Get going with a great breakfast. Start your trip to Orlando with our free hot breakfast offering everything from eggs, waffles and meat to healthy options like yogurt and fresh fruit. All guest rooms offer coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards, microwaves and refrigerators. Keep your electronic devices charged with the recharge device including AC and USB outlets provided in all guest rooms. The Comfort Suites Downtown hotel in Orlando, FL is the perfect hotel for both business and leisure travelers. Book today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Orlando International Drive
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive Hotel Orlando
- Fairfield Inn Orlando
- Fairfield Orlando
- Orlando Fairfield Inn