“Great service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa, Florida
“Great service”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I typically stay at the Embassy Suites in Downtown Orlando several times a month because of its proximity to our office. The service is excellent, the hotel is clean and updated with great wifi. The Manager's happy hour is a great way to relax and the free breakfast buffet is good & quick in the morning when you're racing to get to the office. Overall, I highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed October 10, 2010

The Embassy Suites is just so-so. The decor is dated and the walls between rooms are thin - you can hear your neighbor's conversation. Breakfast was packed because of 2 weddings at the hotel and the scrambled eggs aren't eggs. The bedding is mediocre. However, the location is great, but you pay for internet and valet parking per day.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Let me get this out of the way first. I'm a big fan of the Embassy Suites concept. When looking for accommodations on a budget, the Embassy Suites brand should be near the top of everyone's list. This particular Embassy Suites, however, will be forever tainted in my mind due to their apathetic responses to serious problems.

Pros: The location is fantastic. If you want to see downtown Orlando, I don't think the location could be any better. Maybe the Grand Bohemian, but they certainly cater to a different audience. You can walk to all the nightlife on well lit streets and it feels safe the entire way.

Cons: Aside from the location, everything else is a con. The rooms are standard ES two room suites, which I enjoy because of the spaciousness. The walls, however, are literally paper thin. I could hear the person next door talking on their cell phone, literally every single word, crystal clear... and I don't even think they were talking loudly. The complimentary breakfast is standard ES selection items, but the quality is lacking compared to other ES properties. I stay at the ES in Tampa right next to USF all the time and their breakfast is consistently delicious. Oh well, it's free.

The UGLY: This Embassy Suites has some serious issues that they have not addressed. When I checked into my room, there was a pamphlet under the door advertising an Italian restaurant that would deliver to the room. I ignored it and ate out. The second night, there was yet another pamphlet for the same restaurant. For this place to be able to place their ads under every single door on the hotel's eight floors, EVERY SINGLE DAY, you would assume that the hotel endorses their brand. YEAH RIGHT!!! I ordered three subs and a salad, and the delivery man showed up at my door 90 minutes later with the wrong order. HE told me it was my fault and that I had to go downstairs so he could correct the order. He pulled three cold sandwiches out of the backseat of his Honda Civic (which did not have a delivery sign on the top of it) and charged me the full price for the food plus an exorbitant delivery fee even though he didn't have the right food and it was barely even delivery service at that point. The night manager saw me arguing with this man outside the lobby and approached me after the incident. I explained the situation and told him the name of the restaurant. He just sighed and said, "ugh, not again...." but then walked away and didn't say another word. If they know that this is a problem, couldn't they prevent it in the future??? I mean, the same person comes into the hotel EVERY SINGLE DAY and places an ad under every single door. How hard should that be to prevent. Anyways, the manager never followed up on my complaint, and considering I was basically robbed, I find this completely unacceptable.

To exacerbate the situation further, I get a survey reminder from ES after my stay, which I reluctantly fill out and take the time to mention my incident in it's entirety. They contact me and tell me to wait three business days and they'll get back to me. It's been three weeks now and I've gotten the run around from the hotel, the embassy suites corporate people, and the hilton family brand as a whole. I literally sent an email last week requesting they cancel my rewards membership because I felt so insulted by the company. Of course they reply to the cancellation request in 48 hours, pleading with me to stay with the company... and once again, no follow up. It's a shame that a nice property in a great location has been ruined in my mind because they have no control over the management of their hotel. And now I plan on boycotting all Hilton brands because of the disregard of their management in the past three weeks. I strongly recommend Omni, Hyatt, and Starwood (particularly W hotels, except for the W Buckhead) when looking for hotels. There are too too many choices out there to risk getting walked all over like I have been. Please feel free to contact me with ANY questions about this property. I have pictures and the to-go menu to back up the story, as well as all e-mail correspondence between myself and the hotel/hilton family.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
west palm
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I spent 15 nights at this hotel for an extended business trip. Overall I was pleased with the hotel.
Pros:
-Close to the nightlife downtown (walking distance)
-Close to the Courthouse (4 minutes drive)
-Staff were very friendly and helpful
-Rates were fair
-An apartment style hotel room is great for extended stays
-Free breakfast
-Free happy hour every evening
-The atrium in the center of the hotel was a nice change from the corridor look of the typical hotel

Cons:
The only complaint that I have came from the condition that my first room was in. The walls were not clean and the room smelled a little musky. Needless to say, I quickly brought it to their attention and I was transfered to another room that was in great condition.

Would I stay there again....absolutely.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2010

All the staff that I spoke to were extremely helpful and very polite. I like the idea of a suite, like a nice little apartment, instead of just one room. The hotel is in the heart of downtown and a shuttle is a avaible to take you and pick you up from nearby business locations, so you don't have ot hassle with downtown parking while you are on business. Very easy access from the East West Expressway. As a woman travleling alone on business, I like the idea of the interior corridors and the atrium. This hotel appears to cater to business people I think more than tourists. I did notice that everyone who appeared to be on business was up very early for the breakfast and the tables filled up fast, so you may get stuck having to take the food up to your room because the seating gets maxed out..

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Maitland, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Our family loved the outstanding, relaxed breakfasts with space for the many pre-school age children to move from table to table, enjoy the fountain, and play together while parents from across the country and friends and relatives from around the world visited. The adult crowd enjoyed the afternoon happy hour, again with plenty of small tables and places to gather and talk. The pool area was perfect for "down time" between planned events. The location, right downtown, meant we didn't need cars for most of what we were doing. The rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable, and the staff went out of their way to take excellent care of our large, noisy, diverse family. It couldn't have been any better.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Friendly hotel. Excellent Buffet breakfast. Room comfortable. Swimming pool and terrace in downtown miami. Close to park and attractive walks. Short taxi ride to Station - we were travelling up the east coast by train.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple