“Great value and service”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Ranked #129 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Room was very clean and well kept. Breakfast was filling and fresh. Everything you could ask for in a hotel. Management was responsive and great at recommending local restaurants and hang outs. Went out of his way to accommodate us. Service was efficient and we were always pleased to see our room taken care of. Pool area is great. Even have a cool cocktail hour. Really upscale place and unbeatable for the price and location.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed July 28, 2009

Stayed here for one night while on business. It was my first time staying in an Embassy Suites & very much liked the free cocktail hour from 5:30 PM to 7 PM & hot complimentary breakfast in the morning. There was a fitness room, business center & outdoor pool which I didn't use. The room suite is quite nice & spacious with a living room, office desk with 2 chairs so you can hold meetings, small area with coffeemaker, microwave & small fridge & the bathroom & bedroom, which had a closet. Everything was very clean. The bed was very comfy. A/C worked great. Only complaint was that my room was next to the vending machines & ice machine & I heard noises all night, but I would definitely stay here again, away from the machines.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Everything about our stay was wonderful. The room was impeckable. The furnishings were beautiful. All of the staff were very pleasant. The full breakfast in the morning was soooo good. I wish we could have stayed longer but we will come back.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I stayed here three nights while sightseeing around the Orlando area. We chose this location (and all other hotels on our vacation) based on Tripadvisor reviews and this place did not disappoint.

The front desk staff was helpful and courteous and the room was spacious and clean. The king beds were comfortable and the guest rooms were very spacious. The hot breakfast and evening manager’s reception was the highlight of the amenities due to its quality and consistency. The pool area was wonderful and the weather was great. The property itself was clean and relatively easy to find so overall I was very happy with our decision to stay here. If I travel to the Orlando area again I will definitely stay at this property and would recommend it to any future travelers.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank JennM8
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Stayed at this hotel Friday and Saturday night over the forth of July weekend and were very happy with our stay. I am in a hotel about 200 days a year so when I travel for pleasure I really hope for it to be a great unique and not cookie cutter stay. I am very please to report that the Embassy Suites downtown was clean and save, my two most important concerns when traveling with my spouse, and the friends we traveled with's first comment was how clean the rooms seemed. The cocktail hours on Friday and Saturday were one of the better Manager cocktail hours I have attended, even with a wedding forcing us to a alternate location of Saturday. I would suggest that the alchohol was the better part as the free food selection was week and only one beer "Miller Lite" was offered. The free breakfast was clean and well stocked, but the homefries were some of the worst I have ever had. The problem we encoutered, but it could have just been due to a sitiuation, was that they were clearly not prepared for the Sunday Crowd after being fully booked the night of the 4th. The front desk staff was polite and helpful and the cleaning staff and other personnel I met were very friendly. OK as always here comes the complaints.... People were very obviously walking in to enjoy the happy hour who were not staying at the hotel, so for the sake of the paying guest I would appreciate the hotel making an effort to keep that to a minimum. Second the pool is accesible from the outside and was accessed from the outside. Last and the thing that angered me very much, I have a vehicle with a turbo and the valet the first evening pulled off in my car at full throttle down a busy street. I found alternative parking the next evening and I would advise that you do the same if that is how they treat expensive cars. I parked in the same garage that valet parks in within a short walk for 5 dollars a day as apposed to the 18 dollars I was charged to have my car abused. So if you want to stay in downtown Orlando for Fireworks at Lake Eola or for any other event. I think this Embassy Suites is a great option and short of the Grand Boheme may be the best hotel option in Downtown Orlando, just dont valet your sports car!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank jerrythetraveler
Reviewed July 6, 2009

stayed at this hotel over the 4th of July weekend. Couldn't have asked for better location ! Convenient to downtown and lake eola to see the fireworks. A few negatives... PARKING !! no parking facility, only valet at $18 per day !! parking in area is meter run and to avoid that parked about 12 blocks away! the room...had such a stench of urine ! Spacious for family of 6. Breakfast in am...nothing to brag about..line was SOOOOO long at 10a you would think hotel would be ready for a rush... no cream/sugar for coffee had to wait, no bacon, had to wait, no french toast, never came.... offered 4 types of juices, only 2 working and the seating.. NOT enough, Seemed disorganized. Overall, ok, the only reason again for our stay was convenience. I'd have to rethink this one on going back.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank eliwea
EmbassyDT, Hotel Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2009

My name is Ryan Sistare and I am the Hotel Manager for the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown. Thank you very much for sharing your comments about a recent experience at our hotel. I am very sorry to hear about the challenges you had while you celebrated the Fourth of July at Lake Eola. While each of your comments is very concerning and requires the attention of our team, I can assure you that these are not common themes within our property.

To demonstrate the consistency of our product, our Embassy Suites is currently ranked in the top 5 % of Orlando Hotels listed on TripAdvisor. In addition, we have consistently been noted as an "Outstanding" property with our Hilton Quality Assurance property reviews, which is the highest marks a property can achieve.

We are committed to delivering the warm guest experience for which Embassy Suites is known, and again, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed July 3, 2009

Most hotels in the Orlando area have an overwhelming fog of tourism, not this hotel. I go to Orland because I have family there and just want to relax with them. This Embassy Suites gives me everything I expect from a Hilton Chain Hotel including a relaxed environment. We met every night at the hotel for the Managers Special and then headed out to dinner. It was a great time setting on big couches and remembering the good ol’e days. The members of the hotel staff were very friendly and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. It is down town and just a few blocks away from the night life and great restaurants. You can even ride a bicycle rickshaw to and from many of the areas down town which is the best way to go at night. I have OCD and notice everything wrong, but the room was clean and they even clean under the furniture (Yes, I looked). I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple