“Christmas at the pool”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Ranked #129 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had a great time at this hotel. 7-11 in walking distance as well as a beautiful lake with paddle boats. The staff was very friendly and the manager reception a plus, Valet parking was awesome, but expensive! a true downdown experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The free drinks happy hour is the attraction here. If not your thing, the breakfast probably won't do it, as "free" means long wait for the cooked to order part, while bad logistics mean folks waiting for their eggs block access to the rest of the breakfast line. Don't plan on walking anywhere, as the surrounding area is populated with loud, aggressive panhandlers. Our room had a bathroom ventilation fan that was on the entire time and very noisy. The maintenance man said all the upper level rooms had the same problem, and the only remedy was to change rooms. Overall, our experience was not so bad as others, but we see no reason to return, agree it is understaffed, and can definitely confirm this is not a family friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the noisy upper floors
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MBGX
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We were with 5 and we are used to go to Embassy Suites.
The very friendly lady @ the front desk give us room 717 we needed to change rooms such a musty smell. Could not stay there the linens looked like used too many times.
The next room we got had a bit mold in the bathroom ( also 7 th floor) and the ac /heating was broken they came twice to repair it. Then on top they thought we 2 night instead of 3 !! Our keys were blocked...

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Overall visit was ok, but other hotel clients were more leisure travelers than business people. After check in saw loud obnoxious family walking in with cooler. Not a good sign! Room was clean and comfortable. Wifi reception was marginal to poor. Had to activate hot spot off my cell phone to use my I pad. Smell of fresh paint was noticeable in lobby and hall leading to room. Looks like they are trying to revive and refresh parts of the hotel.Would expect better from a Hilton property overall.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have stayed there many times very roomy suites. This trip was very bad the front desk clerks are extremely rude. They did not give me the room that expedia promised me. Expedia blamed The hotel and the hotel blamed expedia. The manager the next day was helpful but I have never been given the eye rolling treatment so much in my life!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stay at Hilton brand hotels at least 30 nights per year. This was one of the worst I've ever stayed at. The front desk staff was rude, the TV in the room didn't work, and the room overall had a musty, damp feel to it.

My wife and I arrived at about 4:30pm to check-in. Even though check-in time is 4:00, we were told our room wasn't ready. Rather than apologizing, the desk worker said in a very snooty tone that the 4:00 check-in time is an "estimate" only. I travel quite a bit for work, and I've never arrived at a hotel after the check-in time and been told my room wasn't ready. We ended up having to sit around in the lobby for 20 minutes. Since I have some status with Hilton, I figured I'd at least get complimentary Internet or breakfast for the inconvenience, but we never even got an "I'm sorry".

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
EmbassySuitesOrlDTGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

We value your review as an avid traveler and appreciate your business with us. We're sorry to hear that your accommodations were unsatisfactory and have shred your comments with our teams. Additional training will be offered and updates will be made to ensure we're meeting our guests' needs. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any additional concerns.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here not by choice because my cousin's wedding was in the area. One word to describe this place: ancient. Had to be moved into a new room because the previous reeked of paint, learned they repainted most rooms earlier that week. New room was just as old- horrible decor and though didn't reek of paint, smelled like old carpet. Pros- All rooms are suites; 2 double beds and pull out couch so could fit up to 6 comfortably. And it was walking distance to many clubs and bars and my family and I def took advantage of that.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family