“Flooded mold smelling rooms but nice people and free breakfast”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Ranked #121 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The location is great. However, there is a definite problem with the toilets. We were put into a room for the first night that had been flooded and the carpet was so wet the water squeezed through my toes. Forgot my flats so I had no other option shoe wise. The room clearly had the problem before as you can see were the walls had been painted. The room also had a clear odor I would call MOLD. We were compted and move to 6th floor. This room was unable to be cleared of the old moldy smel even the bell boy said the smell was awful. The breakfast was good. We left with nausea and vomiting and wont refurn .l

• Stayed: June 2013
EmbassySuitesOrlDTGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had. We pride ourselves in offering clean and comfortable surroundings and our housekeeping team is addressing the unpleasant smell. I regret any inconvenience this caused you. If you have any additional concerns, certainly let us know.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hotel was clean, Staff was friendly, and parking attendants were great. Dining in the hotel was extremely slow. Almost an hour wait each time after ordering food. Made us late for our meetings. I would suggest eating outside the hotel if you can.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for one night for a concert and this hotel is amazing! The property is beautiful and the rooms are very spacious. Our room had a sitting area with a fridge, microwave, and a large screen TV. The beds were comfortable and soft. We had a few drinks at the bar and the bartenders were very nice and personable. The breakfast was very good for a complimentary breakfast...eggs, bacon, sausage, etc and an omelet station. My only complaint and the only reason I cannot give the hotel 5 stars is that the walls in the rooms are very thin. I heard our neighbors yelling on one side, and the next morning I could actually hear someone sneeze. I could also hear the neighbors on the other side as well. I would think for a property this nice that the walls wouldn't be so paper thin. Oh and as a note, the valet parking is $21/day but well worth it. I would stay here again (but would bring ear plugs)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding. It was a great location, near the hopping Orlando club scene downtown. While the hotel was nice and the folks were kind, we were a little disappointed with how loud the room was at night.... You can hear the club scene from the 7th floor. Other than that, the room was great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed June 11, 2013

stayed here a few times over the years for work. first time in 2009 was fine. stayed again for two nights in march 2013. it was horribly loud since my room was along the main drag. staying here again for a few nights for work and I asked for a room along a different street. I was awoken numerous times between 1 and 3 am by jack hammering going on nearby. I know road work is often done at night but this was ridiculous. I ended up sleeping on the pullout sofa. now I'm trying to go to her early and to avoid the pitential jack hammering noise again I'm on the living room pullout sofa and I can hear nothing but loud people in the bar area on the first floor despite the fact that my room is on the 6th. really disappointed I stayed here this time. last time I was in the area I stayed at the doubletree by the airport and it was much quieter. also this time there was no wifi password. I called the front desk to ask about it and they said to just select the bill to room option and if I was a Hilton honors member I wouldn't be charged. sorry not trusting that to avoid a 22 dollar daily charge for my personal and work devices to use the wifi.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed downtown due to a wedding at a local venue. Generally pleased with the hotel and the breakfast. 2 issues- bed was a little soft and they started construction work at the commercial office building next door (delivering a demolition refuge container at the ungodly hour of 430a Monday). Immediate downtown area though empty at night has revitalized with eateries and bars. If you arent doing Universal or "the Mouse" might be worth a stay if you are in Orlando (Amway Center is about 1/2-1 mi. away)

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear of the hotel overlooking Lake Eola
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Downtown Orlando Embassy Suites (a Hilton owned product) for a Saturday night getaway.
The staff were wonderful at both the front desk and Valet services.
I had tried to connect to the wifi in the hotel on the first night but we were short on time and it was the next morning when I finally got around to calling guest services to find out how to connect.
The polite rep asked me if I was a Hilton Honors member and when the answer was no let me know that wifi service was available in 24 hours access blocks for $11.95
After paying $190 room which included a $19 fee for parking, being asked to pay an extra $12 to connect to their internet greatly diminished my overall opinion of the quality of the venue.
The location of this hotel is great if you are planning a get away and would like to experience all that downtown Orlando has to offer. Just 1 block off of Lake Eola which now has a Sunday morning farmers market and vendor fair really caps off the downtown experience.
I would have loved to give this place at least a 4 out of 5. However, a would be high end establishment asking guests to pay for a service that is free practically everywhere else is a cheap attempt to take advantage and destroys the overall perception of value.
Come ON Hilton Corp only the cheeziest of low life establishments are still trying to gouge people for wifi, even McDonalds has it for free.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple