“Smoking rooms???”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Smoking rooms???”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

When I checked in they notified me that I was in a smoking room, you booked thru Expedia, right? I took it to mean that since I booked thru Expedia I was being punished. I told her I would not accept a smoking room she said that it would be difficult to change but she would. When I got to the room I could smell smoke and then I noticed the ashtray on the night stand. I called the front desk clerk and she wanted to argue about it being a smoking room so I offered to bring her the ashtray as proof. She reluctantly relocated me again to a handicap room which was fine. The TV did not work in the first room and the table light did not work in the last room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lawrence O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your concerns about your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown. This service experience is certainly not the standard that the Embassy Suites is known for and is the exception, not the rule. Please accept my sincere apologies for not exceeding your expectations.

Your Overall Comments have been communicated to our Front Office Manager for further review and corrective action. We appreciate your suggestions on how we can improve our services to you and every guest that stays with us.

Please contact me directly at lawrence.olive@hilton.com?

Lawrence J. Olive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great location. The parking area for valet (required) is a bit tight, but the staff does a pretty good job about keeping the area open. My experience with the front desk staff was good, very fast check in. The room was clean and comfortable. The evening reception was nice, there are a lot of good spots to sit and relax. Breakfast was good for this type of hotel. I recommend when you are preparing to leave the hotel that you call valet and they will have the car ready for you when you make it to the lobby. If you are leaving at a busy time this will allow you to get out much faster.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and you are correct, the hotel is in a great location! I have shared your positive feedback with our team. Thank you again, for your comments. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Lawrence Olive
lawrence.olive@hilton.com
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great hotel and location if you want to get away from the theme park crowd. This hotel was perfect for getting to the church and the reception afterward. Complimentary shuttle service got to every location quickly. Valet staff were just great. Very courteous and helpful.

At the hotel, all the staff from lobby to dining were just great. Highly recommend.

The hotel also has complimentary breakfast with made-to-order omelets.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown, thank you for taking the time to share your experiance regarding your recent visit to the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel! Thank you again, for your comments. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Lawrence Olive,
lawrence.olive@hilton.com
Rome, Italy
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel is nice and with clean rooms, the bar is ok, but i was disappointed about a couple of things: girls at the front desk were rude. And the worst thing is that wi-fi isn't free...oh come on!! Today you can find free wi-fi everywhere...it's crazy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and value your feedback. I'm terribly sorry to hear that you had an unwelcoming experience with our guest service agents at the front desk. Additionally, I am suprised to hear that you paid for internet as we are offering complimentary internet for the month of November, December and January. Please email your information and I will have our accounting office issue you a credit for the internet. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and you can see our improvements first-hand.

Kind regards,

Lawrence J. Olive, lawrence.olive@hilton.com
Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I spent 2 nights during the week before New Years day.

Over all price was over $200 per night without parking,

The breakfast is ok but if you get up after 9:30 on weekdays you miss it and 10;30 on weekends.

The place can get quite noisey but if your ever stayed at this type of hotel with an atrium you know what is coming,

The location is the reason to stay here if you have any downtown activity you need to be at, be an event at the Amway center or one of the clubs nearby.

The biggest problem is the door entry it just not work properly, the key never worked when I returned after leaving the hotel. The folks at the front took this as a given and kinda expect everyone to have this problem.

But the hotel is high on the list for the safety of it guests the security blends in well.

Room Tip: if you need a cab/taxi ask for car service the hotel can get you a flat rate to most any location in...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lawrence O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience at the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall. I am very sorry to hear that your door lock seemed to work intermittently. I have shared your feedback with our Engineering Supervisor. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance to you and thank you for selecting the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown! We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future!

Rome, Italy
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We arrived around Xmas and suddenly I had the feeling they wanted to get money out of our pockets, e.g.:
"You don't want to wake up at 8am to go pay the public parking, let us park the car"
- Valet parking more than 20$ just to leave the car in an open parking lot as far away as any other parking spot around the hotel. The second morning, we found a ticket on the car: the reason was not that we didn't pay the parking, but that something was wrong with our decal/plate. Actually the car was rented, so it was not our problem. Rental people told us that that who gave the ticket was wrong and we didn't pay. So, pay attention to parking around.

"Tonight everything is closed, but our bar is open".
- Actually, that night most pubs, clubs and bars were open and we spent several hours enjoying the night life (until 2am!). They didn't even give us the right directions to get where the bars were!

2 out of 3 people we met at the front desk were rude (no "hello").
The room was too cold when we arrived and no possibility to open the windows.

Breakfast included, but definitely not the best I had when compared to other Embassy Suites locations.
Good location: close and safe enough.
Very nice room.

When I emailed my survey on my stay, they offered me a "complimentary one night certificate". I'm not sure whether that's a free night somewhere, but I appreciate their care (very different from the one offered by people.

1 Thank ManuTheDreamer
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown. This service experience is certainly not the standard that the Embassy Suites is known for and is the exception, not the rule. Please accept my sincere apologies for not exceeding your expectations.

I have shared your experiance with our department managers for further review and corrective action. We appreciate your suggestions on how we can improve our services to you and every guest that stays with us.

We continue to be committed to providing you and all of our guests with the highest standards of service. We hope that this experience does not deter you from visiting our property in the future. If I may be of further assistance, please contact me at lawrence.olive@hilton.com. Regards,
Amelia Island, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The front desk staff was friendly although there was some confusion on the status of our Honor Points that never did get resolved. Clean and comfortable room; very spacious. The cooked to order breakfast was very good, especially the made to order omlets. Only complaint was expensive valet parking but overall excellent value for the dollar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lawrence O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
On behalf of the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel! The feedback you indicated help us in our commitment to service excellence – to every guest on every stay. I have shared your feedback with our team and we look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future!