“A bit pricey”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Piscataway, New Jersey
“A bit pricey”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I spent 2 nights during the week before New Years day.

Over all price was over $200 per night without parking,

The breakfast is ok but if you get up after 9:30 on weekdays you miss it and 10;30 on weekends.

The place can get quite noisey but if your ever stayed at this type of hotel with an atrium you know what is coming,

The location is the reason to stay here if you have any downtown activity you need to be at, be an event at the Amway center or one of the clubs nearby.

The biggest problem is the door entry it just not work properly, the key never worked when I returned after leaving the hotel. The folks at the front took this as a given and kinda expect everyone to have this problem.

But the hotel is high on the list for the safety of it guests the security blends in well.

Room Tip: if you need a cab/taxi ask for car service the hotel can get you a flat rate to most any location in...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lawrence O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience at the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall. I am very sorry to hear that your door lock seemed to work intermittently. I have shared your feedback with our Engineering Supervisor. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance to you and thank you for selecting the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown! We look forward to serving you as our guest in the future!

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Rome, Italy
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We arrived around Xmas and suddenly I had the feeling they wanted to get money out of our pockets, e.g.:
"You don't want to wake up at 8am to go pay the public parking, let us park the car"
- Valet parking more than 20$ just to leave the car in an open parking lot as far away as any other parking spot around the hotel. The second morning, we found a ticket on the car: the reason was not that we didn't pay the parking, but that something was wrong with our decal/plate. Actually the car was rented, so it was not our problem. Rental people told us that that who gave the ticket was wrong and we didn't pay. So, pay attention to parking around.

"Tonight everything is closed, but our bar is open".
- Actually, that night most pubs, clubs and bars were open and we spent several hours enjoying the night life (until 2am!). They didn't even give us the right directions to get where the bars were!

2 out of 3 people we met at the front desk were rude (no "hello").
The room was too cold when we arrived and no possibility to open the windows.

Breakfast included, but definitely not the best I had when compared to other Embassy Suites locations.
Good location: close and safe enough.
Very nice room.

When I emailed my survey on my stay, they offered me a "complimentary one night certificate". I'm not sure whether that's a free night somewhere, but I appreciate their care (very different from the one offered by people.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ManuTheDreamer
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown. This service experience is certainly not the standard that the Embassy Suites is known for and is the exception, not the rule. Please accept my sincere apologies for not exceeding your expectations.

I have shared your experiance with our department managers for further review and corrective action. We appreciate your suggestions on how we can improve our services to you and every guest that stays with us.

We continue to be committed to providing you and all of our guests with the highest standards of service. We hope that this experience does not deter you from visiting our property in the future. If I may be of further assistance, please contact me at lawrence.olive@hilton.com. Regards,
Amelia Island, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The front desk staff was friendly although there was some confusion on the status of our Honor Points that never did get resolved. Clean and comfortable room; very spacious. The cooked to order breakfast was very good, especially the made to order omlets. Only complaint was expensive valet parking but overall excellent value for the dollar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lawrence O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
On behalf of the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel! The feedback you indicated help us in our commitment to service excellence – to every guest on every stay. I have shared your feedback with our team and we look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future!
California
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My parents (who do not speak English) stayed at this hotel for two weeks over the holidays. It is conveniently located a block away from our condo and offers a warm breakfast included in the price, albeit not a full breakfast buffet with all the bells and whistles. The rooms are ES standard with a separate living room and free Internet. So far about the positives.
The negative side of this hotel is that they were completely overwhelmed and understaffed for the busy holiday season. A Bowl game in town and a parade ensured that the hotel was completely sold out. It appears that the hotel’s management never adjusted their staffing needs to accommodate a sold out situation. Despite repeated requests on numerous days during this long stay to get my parents’ room made a little earlier in the day it was consistently not made before 4:30 pm. That is extremely annoying considering that my mom caught a cold and all she wanted was to rest a little in the afternoon.
Talking about rest. The hotel was extremely noisy. A little too late we found out that the room next to my parents’ room was a room for staff to store linens in big rolling carts. They routinely pushed these carts into the linen room and they ended up banging into the (thin) wall opposing my parent’s bedroom. It felt like someone was banging with a hammer against their bedroom wall.
The free breakfast sounded good, but once the hotel was full it looked like chaos. Plates and silverware were missing, and the line for omelettes was very long. Seating was limited which was exacerbated by inconsiderate guests who would lounge in the breakfast area well after they had finished their meal.
We chose this hotel over the Bohemian (by far the best place to stay in downtown Orlando) due to the proximity and included breakfast. Given our experience we will not recommend it again to any of our guests and rather have them stay at the Bohemian. We stayed at the Bohemian for an extended time when moving to Orlando and while it is a little more expensive and does not offer free breakfast, being able to get rest, sleep and a plate under your breakfast food is definitely worth it.

1 Thank akschalke04
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your concerns about your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown. This service experience is certainly not the standard that the Embassy Suites is known for and is the exception, not the rule. Please accept my sincere apologies for not exceeding your expectations. Your Overall Comments have been communicated to our Department Managers for further review and corrective action. We appreciate your suggestions on how we can improve our services to you and every guest that stays with us. I would like to address any further concerns that you may have and would like an opportunity to offer my sincere apology to your parents. Please contact me directly at lawrence.olive@hilton.com? Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, I look forward to your reply.
Glenwood Springs
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel is a diamond, I would give it a strong 8 or 9 out of ten. We stayed the day after Christmas and enjoyed the super location, views of the lake and the Diamond member upgrade. I know some people complained about the $21 valet parking, what do you expect for a downtown location where space is at a premium. I had dealing with the hotel staff, they were eager and very helpful. Very nice heated pool and exercise facilities.
After staying at 47 different Embassy Suites properties, my only complaint and area I think they can improve on is food and beverage. The evening manager reception is unorganized with a free for all line to get a drink. The margarita was. let's say "the worst" I ever had, was missing the sour mix. It wasn't the best drink but, not enough to make a big issue over and it's free with the room cost.
Breakfast could be more organized as well. Once again a free for all. Over all an excellent experience and just trying to give management a heads up on areas that need attention.
I would be honored to stay here again and would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel! The feedback you indicated help us in our commitment to service excellence – to every guest on every stay. Please accept my sincere apology regarding your food and beverage experinace. I have shared your feedback with our food and beverage director for corrective action. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The Embassy Suites makes a stay in downtown Orlando such an enjoyable experience. It's a beautiful property with oustanding attention to service. I always enjoy the Happy Hour and the excellent complimentary breakfast.

I can park my car and walk to my business appointments in this great downtown neighborhood. After work I can exercise in the park surrounding Lake Eola. There are many great restaurants within walking distance, or I can pick up something quick at the neighborhood Publix.

The Embassy Suites in downtown Orlando is excellent!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the atrium
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
On behalf of the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel! The feedback you indicated help us in our commitment to service excellence – to every guest on every stay. We are very happy to learn that our hotel is the perfect location for you while visiting Orlando! I have shared your feedback with our team and we look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future!
Atlanta
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had an excellent stay at this hotel. I was here on a business trip and the location was perfect for both of my meetings. The staff was very cordial. Whenever I visit Orlando, this hotel is my choice.

Room Tip: Although I did not have any issues, any room away from an elevator is perfect.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
On behalf of the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel! The feedback you indicated help us in our commitment to service excellence – to every guest on every stay. We are delighted that this is the perfect location for you! I have shared your feedback with our team and we look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future!