“Great Hotel, Great Service”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Ranked #128 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Staff went out of their way to be helpful. The free breakfast is terrific, and we enjoyed the Manager's Reception every evening: Drinks are a generous size, and there are plenty of snacks to munch. The hotel is a short and safe walk to the Amway Center, and there are many places to eat nearby. Comfortable beds. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Lawrence O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

On behalf of the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel! The feedback you indicated help us in our commitment to service excellence – to every guest on every stay. We strive to provide excellent service to each of our guests! I have shared your feedback with our team and we look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel was not my first choice, but now that I have stayed there I will be a repeat customer. Happy hour in the evening and breakfast in the morning are included in the rate. Valet parking is additional but worth it. Location is excellent - a short block to Lake Eola.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

On behalf of the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel! The feedback you indicated help us in our commitment to service excellence – to every guest on every stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel overall including the location and the comforts that we have to offer! I have shared your feedback with our team and we look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel for a convention in early November. The employees were all outstanding and customer service was was excellent. From the doorman who met our rental car to the front desk clerk to the housekeeping staff, it was a wonderful visit. The price of the room was reasonable and the ride to the Convention Center was an acceptable distance with normal rush hour traffic. There was a manager's reception each night in the bar from 5 to 7 with complementary beer and wine. The complementary breakfast was very good each morning. I will stay in this hotel again the next time I am in Orlando for business.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

On behalf of the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel! The feedback you indicated help us in our commitment to service excellence – to every guest on every stay. I have shared your feedback with our team and we look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

After giving this hotel a mediocre review last May, I was reluctant to return. But I gave it another chance. Embassy Suites is my company's preferred hotel in Orlando, and the price was reasonable compared with the alternatives in downtown Orlando.

In my May review, I complained that I was put into a noisy room right above the bar. My room this time was on a higher floor, but the noise from the bar below was still annoying. The hotel has a large open atrium, and the bar noise seems to fill the interior. It is quite noticable in the living room part of the suites. Fortunately, the bedrooms are on the outside and mine was quiet, except for some mid-night commotion outdside on the sidewalk.

My previous review noted that the complementary breakfast - eggs, hash browns, bacon and the like - were cold. That's still the case. I ate early, right after the food had been put out in the steamer trays, but it was no better than warm. Again, the staff at the omlette bar were happy to heat up my eggs and potatoes when asked. A fresh omlette probably would have been a better choice.

I'll give the hotel three stars again. If you stay there expecting no better than three stars, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: There seem to be a few rooms on each floor that are somewhat sheilded from the bar noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank On-the-road-again79
Lawrence O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I sincerely apologize that we could not surprise and delight you on your second stay with us. We appreciate that you gave us another opportunity but I’m disappointed we let you down. We are working with our culinary team to explore our menu options and discuss preparation options. We’re also reviewing our protocols for noise concerns with our security staff. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. Please contact me directly if you have any other suggestions on how we could make your experience even more than you expected. My email address is lawrence.olive@hilton.com.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We found a roach in the bathroom the first morning, then one climbing on the wall, then I opened the coffee condiment box and found another. Then my husband killed five more. The front desk graciously offered to move us, but another king room was not available, so they did not charge us for the night and had a pest control come in and spray. That seemed to work, with ten or eleven roaches then found dead under the wet bar area. The morning we were to check out, I killed another in the bathroom and my husband killed five more in the living area. We took them down upon check out - they did not charge us for another night, but there is a problem there. Our oldest daughter said their room was quite mildewy/moldy smelling. We probably had 15 - 20 rooms at this hotel. The breakfast was great, the valet quick and polite and the location excellent, but I would not return, nor recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Lawrence O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and congratulations on the recent nuptials. We are so happy that you chose to stay with us for such a special and memorable occasion. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We are also looking into the mildew problems your daughter said she noticed. Rest assured, we have reviewed all of your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed. I have communicated with your husband via email prior to recieving this review online to ensure your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other concerns. Lawrence Olive @ lawrence.olive@hilton.com.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at Embassy Suites Orlando Oct 4-6. We had 4 rooms in total. It was nice that they put 3 of us next to each other. The rooms were clean the beds comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was outstanding. Breakfast was very good, made to order omelets, bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, muffins, bread, bagels, juice, coffee and milk. They even had a table big enough to accommodate our family for breakfast. The hotel is in walking distance to a grocery store, walking paths, restaurants and clubs. The best for us was the valet parking. They went above and beyond!! They had such great energy, they drove us to the rehearsal dinner, so everyone could have a great time, all we did was call the hotel and they picked us up. They arranged for transport to the wedding the next day for us also. They were the best Valet team ever!! The valet at the Ritz in Palm beach could take a few lessons from these guys!!! GREAT JOB!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience! We strive for nothing less than excellence and it is our goal to exceed your expectations at Every Opportunity! Congratulations on the recent Wedding and I am glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the time spent together at our hotel! Thank you for selecting our hotel as your venue for the wedding! Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to serving you as our guest in the near future!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The bones of this hotel are just old and dated, and it shows. The rooms are nothing special with poor lighting and old furniture. Room service food is marginal, at best.

The positives of this hotel are the staff. The valet personnel are attentive and polite and will shuttle guests around Orlando in the hotel's van. The front desk personnel are helpful and friendly as well.

If and when they update the "bones" of the building, it will be a more pleasant place to stay in downtown Orlando.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were disappointed with our hotel decor. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We constantly strive to offer excellent guest service and it’s nice to hear our friendly and accommodating staff helped make that possible. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.