“Nice Hotel with a few issues”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Ranked #125 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Just stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Great location in downtown Orlando but the one way streets make it a little tricky to find. Valet only parking , the valets really hustle so you have your car in minutes they really do a great job.

Downtown Orlando rocks and is safe!!!!

Nice CLEAN 2 room suites as usual and a very nice swimming pool area. Most staff encountered were friendly.
Cons
Not recognized as Gold HH Member at check in (lacking HH culture & Training?)
Spotty internet and when I enquired about always being dropped the front desk said they had not had to many complaints that day so you can tell it's a regular thing.
Did not recieve my gold privilages water etc.
Slow, slow elevators
Breakfast first day was so un-orgnanized, they were literally out of 50% of the food, no cups, no plates and this was at 8;30am, the food was very good what there was of it.
2nd day breakfast which was a Saturday and I went down 20 minutes before the end of breakfast and there was plenty of food and everything looked and tasted great.
So I thought the first day was just an off day and we all have those but I went down for the managers reception that night and the hotel's true colors were shown again. They put out a cheese tray which maybe would feed 40 - 50 people it was gone in 20 minutes an never replaced for the hour I was there, pretzels everything was gone and left empty by 6pm and not replaced , I took pictures to prove it. So why have a managers reception if you can't host it properly, the drinks we good but again you could not get near the bar to get one again my expectations were not met. This tells me allot about how the hotel is run the employee training and I beleive the Embassy Suite Culture is not always being adhered to.
So my review is mixed, the property had some really strong strength's, location, clean, large suites, friendly staff jut don't expect Embassy Suite type service and you should have a good time.

Room Tip: Just adjust your expectations and you will be fine, this hotel does not run like any other Embassy S...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Moduline

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We booked this hotel for our wedding weekend and it was the best decision we made!! The rooms were perfectly sized and the staff was absolutely flawless!!! Breakfast was incredible and over the top and the evening reception is also a nice touch! We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2012

if you're looking for a nice place in a great location - this is it !! Decided to stay near the St Patrick's Day downtown activities !!! Close to a lot of great bars/restaurants/music/Amway. Rooms are clean and quiet. The staff was average at best - nobody overly friendly or nice but the Valet guys are great !! (I would suggest the Valet Staff inservice the rest of the hotel staff on what being polite and good customer service is all about!) Embassy breakfast was great as always. Parking is bad - Valet only - and for $21 - that's really taking advantage of the hotel guests! You can park up the street in a garage for $10. No designated driver needed with this great hotel. This hotel has the worlds SLOWEST elevators too - find the stairs.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The hotel is in a great location and offers good ammenities like complimentary breakfast and business services. It's walking distance to many downtown locations and the Amway center. The only complaint would be the housekeeping comes super early and if you tell them to comeback they dont. Other than that nice place and will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 9, 2012

everything from the check in process to the check out was great. Everyone was friendly and nice. the only issue i had was with housekeeping, or lack there of i should say. my room didn't get cleaned one day, i was told that i had a do not disturb sign on my door but i did not and the next day when they did clean my room it wasn't really cleaned, just wiped down. the second day after housekeeping didn't leave me any towels i spoke with a man that was painting in the hallway from maintanence (i think his name was chris) i asked him if he could help me get some towels and instead of just calling someone for them he said he would be right back. about 5 min later he was back with towels and wash clothes. he said if there was anything that we needed just ask. That is rare now a days when most people seem to be bothered to help someone else out. he seemed generally concerned and really helped out with a situation that was not going well. he even remebered our name the next day during check out and just asked again if there was anything he could do for us before we left.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Our stay at the hotel was great (Feb 28 - March 4). We went for a wedding in Winter Park and I couldn't ask for anything else from an Embassy Suites. A.J. from front desk was very helpful, the Valet Parking guys were amazing helping us every time and asking if we needed any directions, and the waiter from breakfast from Dorado, Puerto Rico (don't remember his name) made us feel at home with his great service. If you have Hilton Honors number the wireless is free (that's a plus). The pool seemed nice but we didn't use it cause we have other things to do.

Rooms were clean and the beds (2 double beds) were very confortable (can sleep 2 in one double bed).

Breakfast was so great! the Omelet station was great and the employee making the Omelets was very nice too. Managers Reception excellent as well.

We went to Cirque du Soleil Michael Jackson The Inmortal Tour in Amway Center and the hotel had complimentary shuttle to the arena.

Overall our stay was GREAT!! Definitively would stay again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CBPA
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and I were on our way to Savannah from Sarasota and my car began acting up to a point I could not drive it. We were downtown in Orlando and limped in to the hotel. Andre at the valet took care of my car because I told him a tow truck was going to come in the morning.
We went in and met Floyd and AJ, explained our situation and they found us a room even though they had major wedding receptions going on and were technically full. ( I believe it because the managers reception was overflowing). Then they went and found the nearest Mercedes dealership, found out they were open on Saturday and provided us with the telephone number...without us asking...they gave us a couple drink tickets to relax and called to verify everything was ok...
We then found that every person in this hotel smiled and looked for ways to help us...the restaurant server, the gentleman in the gift shop...really helped ease the situation.

The rooms were standard Embassy...nice to me. The atrium was vibrant and fun. The location was close to Lake Eola which has a publix and several restaurants...a very nice walk on the lake.

Thank you Embassy. We appreciate what you did for us.

Room Tip: Cityfish Restaurant was very good and had 50 cent oysters on the half shell until 7PM. Located a sho...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple