“Good as ususal but this room was noisy”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Airport
Ranked #131 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I have stayed in this hotel several times. I find the staff very helpful and courteous. The rooms are your typical Embassy Suites rooms which is a good thing. Everything worked properly. I was offered complimentary bottles of water. Breakfast was excellent. However, room 231 was incredibly noisy. There is some kind of sanitation pipe that runs next to the room that made a good bit of noise anytime someone flushed the toilet. It was awfully late and I am a sound sleeper so I decided to let it go. It still kept me awake later and awoke me earlier than I wanted.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jegolf
Write a ReviewReviews (1,282)

Reviewed July 23, 2007

Our family of 7 stayed in a two-room suite for two nights before our disney vacation on July 13th. The hotel is spacious and clean. The front desk people were friendly. The breakfast buffet was very good. You can make your own waffle, order your own the-way-you-want eggs and omlettes, pastries, bacon, sausages, juices, coffee, tea, etc. Everything was delicious except the coffee (it tasted a bit bitter). Our family always stay at Hilton chain hotels.

The hotel is only 5 mins from the Orlando Int'n airport, which in a way is good if you are not doing the Disney or Universal thing. But if you have to go to Disney everyday, then you should stay at a different Embassy location. This hotel will go through two toll booths (0.75 cents each) which is $1.50 each way. I am sure there are other routes/ways to get to Disney without paying the tolls but it was convenient for our family.

Overall, it it a very nice hotel and good value.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank minnieandmickey55555
Reviewed July 15, 2007

This hotel is minutes north of the MCO airport. Many places to eat nearby. It is a good value for the money especially since it includes breakfeast. It is clean and quiet. No issues.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 4, 2007

My family of five needs enough room for all of us, so a suite is what we look for. I only stay in 3-star hotels or above so after reading the great reveiws for this place, I booked a room. I was disappointed in this hotel for the following reasons:
First, it was pricier than those nearby--Hampton Inn, Fairfield, Sheraton Suites are literally so close you could throw a rock at their parking lots from the Embassy Suites, and all those just mentioned are at least 20$ cheaper a night, some are half the price and look cleaner from the outside.
Second, IF you are trying to stay near the Airport and you NEED a shuttle, All of the aforementioned hotels DO have shuttles because I saw their shuttles park right next to us, even though the Embassy Suites guy claims they are the only ones with a shuttle (not true).
Third, when I called for reservations the woman on the phone was hard to understand because of a thick accent and was not very friendly. She also mislead me into thinking that I was booking a room with 2 Queen beds, and they ended up being just little full-sized beds--make sure when you check in that they don't pull this switcheroo on you.
Fourth, the room had a chemical smell of "let's try to get rid of the smoke odor" and I do NOT like to stay in smokey rooms and I specifically requested that it was a non-smoking room. Fortunately the odor dissipated within about 12 hours.
Fifth, when we were temporarily "lost" at the airport, we called from the airport courtesy phone which is a direct line to the Embassy Suites shuttle, and the same woman with the thick accent answered, and was EXTREMEMLY rude and unhelpful to us about where to meet the shuttle. Fortunately, the rent-a-car people pointed us in the right direction and we were able to find the area for the shuttle without her help!
Lastly, the whole "open atrium" look of the hotel is outdated and very tired looking--almost depressing the way it's decorated.
Now the positives, because there were a few:
The breakfast was good, with omlets and hash browns.
The room had two sinks for more efficiency with our large family.
The room was very clean, and the soaps and supplies were kept up very nicely, and fresh towels were carefully folded each day.
The tv (this is trivial but was important for my kids) has the discovery channel on it although it has no history channel, so it's a bit better cable tv to lull you to sleep at night.
The beds, although small full sized beds, were very comfortable.
The shuttle drivers were very friendly.
In summary, as a mom, I was expecting much better for the price I paid and would try the Fairfield or Hampton next time I need to stay by the Orlando Airport. If you are a busines traveler with an expence account that pays for this room, then go for it, However, to the mothers out there--you CAN do better for the money near the airport!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Momwith5kids
Reviewed May 4, 2007

This hotel provides great value and location. For the price it would be fantastic for a family going to Disney or Universal. The drive to these locations takes about 20 minutes but the fantastic rates at this airport location and the ease of accessing the interstate makes it worthwhile.

Breakfast was fantastic, rooms were spacious and roomy with excellent up to date amenties.

Will stay here again when travelling to Orlando

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank loghomes
Reviewed April 20, 2007

stayed here for one night before flying on to our destination. we have 3 children, so it's not always easy to fit us in, but the embassy with its 2 double beds and a seperate sofa bed in the lounge did it fantastically well. the room was clean and tidy, the staff, polite and facilities, that we used, were great. breakfast was a good size buffet, we everything us or the kids could ask for. overall, a great experience, that we shall repeat.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2007

From the minute we checked in, the staff was friendly and helpful. We had a speedy check-in and got information about nearby restaurants. Our suite was very nice - clean and comfortable. The bed was fabulous - had a wonderful night's rest and had minimal airport noise even though we were so close. Even the room service was surprisingly good! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple