Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Orlando, FL
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,145 results
All reviewsuniversal studiosinternational drivefree breakfastking suiteyogurtsofa bedsea worldgift shopshuttleparksmicrowavethemeepcotoutletsconvention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at this same hotel a couple of time about 2 years ago. We quit staying there when we went to that area because too many little things seemed to be falling apart. We stayed there again last weekend because it is so close to Universal Studios, Florida and I was hoping that time had led to some maintenance. Unfortunately, the only maintenance that I saw was that they had changed the setup of the breakfast area. To first speak of that:

It is a free breakfast buffet for all guests. It consists of the normal waffles you make yourself, bagels, muffins, cereal, and depending on the day, eggs, sausage, gravy and bisquits. Nothing too bad but nothing to write home about either. The hot breakfast choice after our one night stay was eggs and sausage and the eggs looked dried out so I ate cereal with coffee and juice. My husband put sausage on a bagel and he said the bagel was very fresh and tasty. They were very quick to refill the coffee dispenser when it ran out.

Our room was a standard room with 2 queen beds, a small table and two dining chairs on the 2nd floor. As soon as we stepped into the room the smell hit us and we opened up the windows to air it out. We were going to be spending very little time in the room so we did not complain to management. I thought it was a musty ordor so I checked out the curtains and I would say that is probably where most of the odor came from. They were definitely in need of cleaning and airing. Besides the carpet there is also cloth cushions on the chairs and I would have preferred just wood as it is easier to clean and won't hold the odors that the cushions do. The bottom rungs under the seat of one of the dining chairs were broken and although the room looked clean, it also looked and smelled unkept. It appears that basic maintenance is being ignored in this hotel which is really a shame. I've always enjoyed Country Inn's and with the location of this one it was a good place to stay. For the price however, I will be looking for another hotel for my future trips to Universal Studios.
I did respond to the Country Inn & Suites request for a rating. I received a very prompt and polite response to my rating with the assurance that they would address my concerns. Whether they do, maybe another, future guest, can tell us about.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank joan72761
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel for 4 or 5 times now and have always enjoyed the stay. The positives:-

- Superb WIFI throughout;
- A decent breakfast (although this year the staff were a bit unfriendly);
- Two laundry rooms;
- Clean;
- In the suites new LG flat panel with both analogue and digital channels;
- Very friendly shop owner (our 2 year old son loved her)
- Free car parking in a well lit and large car park;
- Location (just across the interstate from Universal, a short trip to Disney and easy access to restaurants on International Drive);
- Friendly reception staff.

Negatives

- Room sometimes felt a bit damp (a result of the climate in florida but also perhaps need more sophisticated AC and new carpets etc in the room);
- If a coach load of people turn up breakfast can be a busy affair.

It is not the most dynamic hotel you'll stay in, but it it quiet, friendly and well priced. Having stayed there over the past few years it has always impressed but the feeling of dampness in the rooms should probably be addressed now by replacing carpets and perhaps seeing what they can do with the AC don't let it put you off through.

We will be staying at the hotel again.

Room Tip: It is on a junction of a minor road, even on the 2nd floor the noise is acceptable but if you are a light sleeper ask for a room on the 4 or 5 floor, and perhaps overlooking the car park (away from the road junction).
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank stevesgotmail
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Had a lovely 2 weeks at this hotel, very clean, good staff and lovely breakfast - yum waffles !
My daughter loved the free cookies and the guy in the gift shop was really helpful :)
I would stay here again - no problems :))

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank 7_Lottie
Kelly C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Orlando, FL, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay with us. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed our hot Be Our Guest breakfast with the Belgium Waffles. They are definitely a favorite! We hope that the next time you are visiting our area you will return to see us again! We are looking forward to it.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We spent three days at this location. My wife and I mostly stay at Country Inns and Suites since we are Club Carson members. The room was clean but in need of mantainance. The bathroom needed paint, the toilet flush handle was loose and the towel fixtures were loose. During our stay we did use the Be Our Guest breakfast on two of the days. The first day (Monday) the breakfast room was spotless. The gentleman that took care of the room even had time to make a waffle for a child that was unattended. The second day, that gentleman must have been off. There were two other people caring for the room. The room was in disarray and dirty. They didnt clean around the chaffing dishes or clean up the eggs on the floor. Other Country Inns sent an e-mail survey, this one none such done.
The good sides of this place is it's in a great location and parking is great. They also have complementary scheduled shuttles to and from the parks. A great money saver since it costs to park at the parks.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dendi57

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. It is always our goal that our guests are happy when they leave and have an outstanding stay. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding breakfast with me and I have addressed your concerns with the breakfast team. We are always striving to improve our operations. I hope that the next time you are in our area you will return to visit us again.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Just returned from a 14 day stay at the Country Inn. We found it to be very comfortable. Rooms quite spacious (we had a suite). Loved the flat screen tvs in the rooms. Bathroom very good size and found it very clean. Breakfast was good especially the waffle makers mmmmm! Hotel offers tea & coffee making facilities in reception area, breakfast room and rooms. Suites also have a microwave and a mini fridge ( so if it's a long stay I would recommend an upgrade) Staff is a great asset of the hotel. To mention a few..Voncille from housekeeping was fantastic. She cleaned our room really well and always left a nice smell of "cleanliness" behind. Loved her towel shapes and daily greeting room cards. Joey at front desk was also very helpful and any request was never a problem. Hotel is situated on Universal Drive which is a ten minute walk to Wet & Wild. I-trolley bus stops are situated right infront of the hotel entrance and it's only a 5 minute walk to International Drive where you find more restaurants shops and hotels. Shuttle buses from and to hotel were always bang on time and we never had a problem with seating. Got our park tickets from Leah at the hotel attraction desk and found her very helpful and gave us some important tips. Would not hesitate to recommend the hotel and would not mind returning one day.

Room Tip: An upgrade to a suite would help especially if it's a long stay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank xnaks

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We are so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and that our staff made your stay enjoyable. It is always our goal that each guest leaves completely satisfied when they are staying with us. We do hope that the next time you are in Orlando, that you will return and visit us again.