“Very helpful staff”

Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South
Ranked #212 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here for one evening after checking out of our resort and because we had a 6:55 am flight.

We had to get out of our resort by 10a and so I tried to check in here early because I had refrigerated food from our last resort, but they were unable to get us in because the hotel was full. They did offer to call us when our room was available. Also we had booked the 2 bedroom suite in advance at the non-refundable rate previously. However, not all of our party was able to make the trip due to a medical emergency, but I figured we were stuck with the large room. When we checked in she asked would six people still be staying in the room, I said no unfortunately we were down to 3 and she asked if we wanted a smaller room and gave us a cheaper rate.

The rooms were very nice, it looks like they have done alot to improve them. The beds were comfortable and we couldn't figure out how to work one of the tvs and we called maintenance and they were there within 2 minutes. The bathroom wasn't the best and the tub had stains in it. But overall it was an ok place for an overnight. We did not swim in the pool, although it looked nice. I had to walk through the room where they served the breakfast in the morning to get to the pool area and I just gotta stay it did not smell good, I think the odors from all the food are stuck in the carpet.

We had a wake up call scheduled for 4 am that we scheduled when we checked in along with our shuttle to the airport. I have never had a wake up call that has actually been made by a hotel, so I set my phone as back up. Unfortunately it was dark when I set my phone alarm, so I set it for 415 pm, instead of am, oops. I was awoken at 5 am by a call from the front desk asking if we were coming down for the shuttle to the airport. I panicked and said we were just awoken, could we catch it at 5:30, he said he services another hotel then. I asked what my other options were and he said I can call you a cab, I was a little cranky and still not awake and said that is not why we chose this hotel. I called back once I got everyone up and moving and asked for a cab. He was very nice even though I had been cranky and said he would get one there as soon as possible. That was about 5:10. We got down to the lobby and he said I called for your cab, he should be here in 5 mins or so and I am paying for your cab for the inconvenience which I thought was very nice.

He also apologized for the wake up call and showed me there was nothing in his book. I showed him our old room that we had originally booked got the wake up call, they moved us and our shuttle request but not our wake up call, I am sure the people in that room enjoyed that 4am wake up call oops! Since we were missing the free breakfast, he gave us bags with breakfast on the run (apple, muffin, yogurt) and sent us out for the cab. The cab ended up being VERY late (5:49), he got stuck behind a security gate, but it was no fault of the hotel and we did end up making our flight. And I did very much appreciate the manager (Howard, I think?).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cooltuck
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed in a king suite for one night. This place is easy to find and is near to MCO airport. Check-in was efficient and friendly. The suite was great - separate living area and kitchen; bedroom that's ensuite. The manager's party was a bit of a disappointment (we've tried this before at London's Olympic Park at Stratford and it was more like a cocktail party there!), using plastic cups and plates. The wine was good quality, as was the basic food (soup and sandwiches on the night we were there). The event lacked energy and atmosphere though!
The bed was divine and the kitchen and lounge area was well equipped. The interior decor of the rooms was also very good. The pool was a decent size and the gym was well equipped. There was also a 24-hr market area for those essentials you may have forgotten. The laundry seemed inadequately sized given the size of the hotel (two washers and two dryers on floor two) but I suppose that's a minor issue.
Altogether this was a great hotel to stay in - well position and in easy each of the Disney parks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here recently for one night with the family. The price was good and it's conveniently located by the airport and lots of restaurants.

I will list the pros and cons

Pros

We had a 2 queen bed suite , living area, and bathroom and kitchen area.
Kitchen area had basic kitchen equipment. Great if you have kids. Perfect for snacks etc.
Plenty of free parking
Free breakfast lots to choose from: eggs, sausage, toast , bagels, waffles, juice, coffee, tea, soda,
Fresh fruit, cereal, milk, oatmeal- replenished frequently
Nice patio area with grills, chairs, pool, hot tub
Hotel was very quiet- we were on ground floor room
Room was clean... But

Cons

Room was clean, but the tile in the kitchen and bathroom looks like it was never scrubbed or washed- there was dirt imbedded in the tile.. Needs a good bleaching and scrubbing. Looks like the maid staff probably just runs over the tile with a broom or wet dry mop.

The sink faucet in kitchen was dirty. Dried dirt was on the handle. Again looks like the sink was just wiped down with windex and not scrubbed down like it should be.

The dishwasher was old, dirty and clunky and looked awkward in the remodeled kitchen. There were new cabinets, counters , microwave and fridge, but the dishwasher looked like a sore thumb out of the 1980's.... Note to management replace your dishwashers.

Bathroom tub was cracked- not replaced during remodel. They went the cheap route and used acrylic fake plastic tile panels on the tub surround. There was mold around the caulking.

The mattresses are absolutely horrible. The property states it was refurbished in the past year or two but they cut corners and did not replace the mattresses. I looked under the sheets and there I found thin, blue cheap mattresses you would find on a sleeper sofa. Note to management replace your mattresses with quality bedding. The pillows were terrible as well. Cheap stuffed pillows...

The windows don't open, so it smelled of harsh chemical cleaners.

Room was dark, poor fluorescent lightning... Felt like we were in a basement. One of the table lamps did not work.

The outside pool is not heated. The water was very cold.

Breakfast is served 6:30 am on weeknights- BEWARE in Saturday and Sunday it starts at 7:30am.
That doesn't help people who have early flights in the morning .

Overall it was an ok stop for one night it did the job. But I would pick a different hotel in the area. They are a lot nearby to choose from. I was not impressed with Staybridge. They need to clean up some areas and replace some things. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Windycity21
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Windycity21,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding cleanliness, bathroom mattress and lighting. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great 1 night stay before early flight in morning. Picked up hubby after he dropped rental car off at airport, then took shuttle the next morning. No issues, very smooth. Very nice pool, but not heated. Restaurants close by, TGIF, Longhorns, would be a bit of a walk if no car. We didn't need to go for dinner though, as they had a complimentary dinner, nacho bar, and salad, and open bar serving beer and wine. They have this a few days a week, not every night. Missed breakfast, as our flight was so early. Could have taken a doggie bag from front desk, but forgot to ask at check out. I was also amazed with the complementary laundry service (washer and dryer) on each floor. I wish we had more time to spend there. Would return to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Colldave
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We needed a hotel near the airport while in town for a family wedding. We wanted a suite since we were traveling with my mother and my teen son. This place fit the bill perfectly. The suite had a separate bedroom with two queen beds, and the living room had a very comfy sleeper sofa. There was a full kitchen. We only used the microwave and fridge. On the first evening, there was a 'social hour' with free snacks, beer and wine. There's also a free and very nice breakfast every morning. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. They recommended a driver to take us to and from the wedding, and he was terrific and gave us a great price. The hotel provided free shuttle service to and from the airport. Great place for anyone in town on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pattycakes726
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed one night after arriving on a late evening flight. Jose, the shuttle driver was friendly and helpful. The girl at the front desk was helpful if asked questions but did not really offer information. We were both tired and hungry. There are no restaurants in the hotel or even really within walking distance at a late hour. They do however have a pantry to purchase snacks and food items which we used and was adequate. Breakfast in the morning was hot and good. Our suite was small but spotlessly clean and the beds comfy. My husband really liked that he could pick up our Hertz rental car right across the street at the Marriott in the morning. We would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank darryl704
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was the first time that our ministry used the Staybridge for a 3-day board meeting and all of us were SO pleased that I'm sure we will be back. Our rooms (yes, small but comfy) were clean and nicely furnished, the hot breakfast was great, and we couldn't believe the 5:30-7:30 food (T,W,Th,) that was more than enough for dinner - ALL INCLUDED in a great rate. With close to 25 on the board, the conference room gave us more than enough space for seating. Kudos to the entire staff, especially the chef that made those great meatball sandwiches!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business