“Fabulous hotel”

Hampton Inn Orlando/Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #9 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 1, 2010

This is an excellent hotel, just minutes from Downtown Disney and all the Walt Disney World Resort parks. The rooms are very clean and come equipped with a small refrigerator and microwave. The hotel staff is courteous and friendly. The scrumptious hot and cold buffet breakfast with rotating items is awesome! Freshly baked "Mickey" waffles are a delight will bring a smile to any child's face.

2  Thank cowbhai
Write a ReviewReviews (3,183)

Reviewed August 28, 2010

I went here based on reviews from this site. I went for relaxation and I did just that at this hotel. I was pleased with the cleanliness of the room and bathroom.
The breakfast was good, waffles each morning, with rotating hot foods- bacon, sausage, omelettes, french toast sticks, hash browns. Scrambled eggs were available each morning, along w/ 3 typs of cold cereals, a variety of oatmeal, a variety of baked goods, yogurts, various herbal teas and of course coffee and juice. The food was plentiful, there were plenty of tables to sit and enjoy breakfast.
By 10am, the families with children were gone to the parks and I had the place pretty much to myself. I relaxed by the pool and hot tub, plenty of towels readily available right by the pool entrance.
The location is good, you are within 5-10 min drive of just about any restaurant you can think of. Also, there is a small shopping plaza within walking distance.
For families- each room w/ a fridge and microwave, a supermarket is 5 minutes away as well as a Walmart, so you can save some money on food, if you wish. Also, the Walmart had plenty of Disney souvenirs so you may want to buy them there instead of at the parks--they even had fuzzy Mickey mouse ears and Disney character backpacks.
I drove to Cocoa Beach for one day of my 5 day trip. It was 50 mins to an hour away and a nice way to spend the morning and early afternoon.
Overall, I will return to this hotel, it was just the getaway I needed in a clean, comfortable place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Richan
Reviewed August 28, 2010

During my trip to Orlando FL, I had originally booked for only one night at this hotel after the week at my timeshare ended. This place is "GREAT" as soon as I walked into the hotel I noticed how clean and I wold even call it "luxurious". I was very impressed with the room I got the first night I was there. "Granite" counter tops in my room's restroom? WOW!!!!! That was a first! Everything in the room was perfect.........I even booked three more nights! VERY IMPRESSED!!!! Everyone I met at the front desk was either very "friendly and professional" or far beyond that... Thank you, Airen Rojas! They have breakfast everyday in the morning from 6am to 10am and its GREAT. In the lobby they have a big screen TV with a very comfortable living room setup where you can sit and relax. This hotel is very centralized and close to all attractions. There are plenty of places to eat one block away. The price they quoted me at the front desk per night was $79 per night which was a little more than what I wanted to spend; I went online to Orbitz.com typed Hampton Inn Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the search bar and booked through Orbitz, saving $10 making it $69 per night. I think it was worth it even if you are in a budget. Very quiet at night and my room was two doors away from the lobby. I'll definitely stay there again!!!!! Did I mention they have a pool and a really cool gym? They do!!! Bottom line, I highly recommend this hotel.

3  Thank fonz75
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Shower caps needed in bathrooms. I can find nothing else needed at this hotel I and my family had a wonderful stay and hope to stay again next year.

2  Thank wmonroe
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Just returned from Orlando and spent 1 night at this Hampton Inn. Paid $44 for a Saturday night stay with Free Breakfast. The hotel was 2 minutes from Downtown Disney. Beautiful, well maintained and clean. Loved it and would stay again.

We went from here to the Disney All Star Movies. We wished we stayed at the Hampton Inn the whole vacation.

2  Thank tollmanwi
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This is an excellent hotel in the perfect quite location, yet still close to all the main theme parks and shopping malls.
All the staff were really friendly and helpful.
The rooms looked to have been recently redecorated and ours was very clean and fresh. A hot buffet breakfast was included in the price and tea and coffee was available 24 hours a day.
The swimming pool and hot tub were loverly and as most people spent all day at the theme parks they were free from other people most of the time. There was also a small but well equipped gym on the ground floor which was also available all of the time.
The hotel has free WIFI, and free parking, with plenty of spaces right next to the hotel. (Unlike some hotels in the area where you almost require a shuttle bus to get from the parking lot back to the hotel).
I would think that this hotel would be hard to beat on value for money anywhere in the Orlando area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vacationPete
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Thank you to all the staff at Hampton Inn, Lake Buena Vista, who were so helpful and friendly. This hotel was everything I had hoped for. I chose it because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor, and was not dissappointed. The room was clean, the beds comfortable and the breakfast delicious. You have made our visit to Orlando a good one - believe me, a hotel can make or break a holiday! The shuttle to Disney and another to an outlet Mall, made the trip so carefree and saves you the $15 parking fee at Disney World. From Epcot you can get another shuttle to any of the other Disney Parks, then back to Epcot, where your hotel shuttle will pick you up. Don't forget to book a time with the hotel shuttle for return. We had aching muscles and feet after spending busy days at Disney World, so coming 'home' to the friendly faces at reception, then a good cup of (free) coffee then a warm bath and the most comfortable bed was the absolute best. I cannot find fault with this place and recommend it 100%.

2  Thank lindsayd57