“One Night Stay to visit Universal”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #115 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 7, 2011

My husband & I stayed here for one night during a short visit to Universal. The hotel was OK. Now ... don't get me wrong. It was clean, and the bed was comfortable, but it was just eh. Nothing special. The living area couch was hard, but luckily we didn't spend much time sitting around.

The bathroom was clean as was the rest of the room. Ample towels and nice toiletries.

I did use the hot tub, and i did not find it to be too hot. It was actually the perfect temperature. IT was kind of chilly when I went into the hot tub, so the heat felt good. The pool area was completely shaded by about 4:00 PM.

We did not eat breakfast or use any of the other facilities because we were there for such a short time.

We had a car, so we did not walk, but it felt like it could have been walked easily ... maybe not in the heat of summer, but it would have been a nice walk in May.

There was a cool bar across the parking lot where we ate and sat outside with our drinks. Nice that we did not have to drive to get something to eat.

Would I stay here again? Yeah ... I guess so. Would I rave about the place ...nah, but for what I paid (I got the room for $60,) it was worth it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 23, 2010

I am presently a guest at this hotel. I have been here a week now and I am highly satisfied with everything about this hotel. I have no complaints. I always try to stay at a Marriott when I travel, however this is my first time at a Fairfield Inn and Suites. The hotel is almost similar to the Courtyard by Marriott hotels. The beauty about this hotel is the close proximity to everything. Its an easy 10 minute walk to Universal Studios. The other theme parks are a 15 minute drive away. The hotel has an excellent taxi service (CBC) attached to it, which is very prompt and always arrive before time. There are numerous eating places nearby, from Japanese to Italian to fast food. The service at the hotel is nothing short but exceptional. The rooms are large, tidy and well kept. They are cleaned everyday including weekends. The front desk personnel are highly helpful and very friendly. Service from them is always with a smile. The staff comprising Daniel, Juan, Lynette and Loseli, just to name a few, are very pleasant and provide excellent advice on dining options and nearby attractions. They are always willing to help in any way they can. In short, I can highly recommend this hotel whether it is for business or leisure.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2010

It is just a good place to stay if you are planning to spend whole day in Universal Orlando parks and then quickly get to the hotel to rest. Also, convenient complimentary breakfast helps you to get to the destination sooner. The staff is very nice and helpful. Rooms are clean. Coffee and tea are always available at the lobby. The hotel is very close to the Universal Orlando. We, including children, walked there. It is about 15-20 minutes walk. The hotel is right next to several restaurants. Although the hotel is in the midst of an active area, we did not find it noisy. On our next visit to Universal Orlando we will defiantly stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank nata257
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We were spending two days visiting Universal Studios before going down to Disney later in the week, and I wanted to stay someplace super-convenient to US without having to drive far or fight traffic on those mornings. We wouldn't be spending much time at the hotel at all. So my criteria were: close to Universal, clean, comfortable, and cheap. Booked this hotel based on the strong reviews, and it was quite nice. Besides the above, the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was pretty good. Reaching Universal each morning took just a few minutes; not only was it close, but the route was traffic-free. A great place to make your home base for visiting the parks.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2010

We stayed one night at Fairfield Inn & Suites in the middle of October for the Pirate Dinner night deal. Travelled with kids (age 4 & 8) who loved the night out and it was a great deal.

The hotel rooms were clean and well maintained. We had no problems with bugs or other little critters in our room. The hotel was close to Universal. There were quite a few fast food restaurants around for dinner and a Walgreens right next door. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was basic but served it's purpose & we were offered coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cookies in the lobby all day.

Our only complaint was that the breakfast area was small and staff did not ensure that patrons left when they were done so some families were left waiting for a table longer than they needed to be.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I booked this room as overflow for my son's 16th birthday at Hard Rock / Universal Studios. Using the Ritz-Carlton/Marriott Elite reservations, I prepaid the booking for a suite with 2 bed + sofabed, with a rollaway. My ONLY complaint is that after paying for the reservation in full, I was charged again for the rollaway - adding $30 in charges and taxes to the original prepaid reservation (additionally taxed on the rollaway as well). It felt a little dishonest to me.
The room was perfectly clean, the housekeeping staff does a superb job.
Although I didn't get everyone's names, the staff is SUPER friendly, accommodating every request. The woman at breakfast was adorable in her Cleopatra costume, and ever so sweet! The night maintenance man did show a little irritation after having to come up to the room twice - once when the shower backed up, then again because the sofabed sheets and pillows were not supplied (he searched the drawers and room before acknowledging there really were no extra linens).
Taxi fare is only $5 to Universal Citywalk, and about 2 minutes drive. Save yourself from the $16 parking fee at Universal and take the taxi.
My last tip, take your chances and walk in off the street to book a room. A gentleman came in when I was getting pool towels and booked a suite for half what I paid. Live and learn. Still a lovely Marriott hotel, would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We found this hotel to be clean and conveniently located to all the Universal Studio attractions, the hotel also offered a free shuttle to the Universal parks. Carrabba's Italian Grill is right across the street. Just a few miles away is the Millenia Mall which was absolutely beautiful and had many great restaurants like Cheesecake Factory and McCormick & Schmick's. We found this Fairfield Inn to be great location. Also the cookies put out on the front desk every evening was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business