OVERALL- a great hotel. Rated as a 2 star, but clean and comfortable. We stayed at other 2 stars in florida, and this far exceeded what we expected. Cheapest price was through the Universal Studios website. Booked a King suite. Worth the little bit extra if traveling with kids. You get a divided off king size bed and an extra T.V. Saw the standard rooms (2 double beds) and they looked like the run of the mill hotel rooms...pay the extra for the suite. They have a little fridge and microwave, so bring your own popcorn and snacks.
THE BEDS-The beds are VERY comfortable. Pillows are 1st class. Rooms are always clean. Breakfast is good...if they don't have what you are looking for, ask. The staff is very helpful.
THE SHUTTLE-the only glitch in our stay. Watch the shuttle schedule-it changes (I think on Sundays) so every week is different. We got stuck paying for a ride home after a day at the park because the change...I told the front desk they should advise the guest of the change/when it changes, because it was very inconvienent to have to try and get back...expecting the shuttle.
There are several shuttles during the morning, and several pick-up times in the evening. GREAT for people that want to sleep in, or go before the crowds.
THE POOL-clean and well kept. Had to ask a few times for the pool towels to be brought out, but the staff was always friendly, and prompt.
GREAT VALUE- I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone. There is laundry on site (but be aware the hotel next door sends over their guests) which is good to use late at night, and reasonably priced. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished. Staff was friendly, and helpful. Location is kind of off the beaten track...but keeps the noise down. If you are energetic, you can almost walk to food stores. Would go back :')
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests feel right at home at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando near Universal Orlando Resort. Our vibrant and welcoming hotel near Universal Orlando is perfect for creating memories on a trip to Florida, as it offers many multifunctional spaces and modern amenities. We are a 2016 TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence winner and we offer travelers plenty of space to relax as they explore Orlando. Our hotel sits moments from top Orlando attractions, including Universal Studios and Universal Citywalk. Guest rooms and guest suites at our hotel are spacious, and they include free Wi-Fi and plush bedding. Each morning, we provide a complimentary hot breakfast for our guests and our outdoor pool is always available for a refreshing swim. At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, we make guests needs and wants our #1 priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Orlando Universal Studios
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
- Fairfield Inn Orlando
- Fairfield Orlando
- Orlando Fairfield Inn