“friendly service, early check-in”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #89 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“friendly service, early check-in”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for only one night, but checked in early in the morning. The desk clerk was friendly. To our surprise, they had a room ready for us at 8 a.m.! This worked out great because we were able to drop off our luggage in our room and go to Universal. We did not use the shuttle-we had a ride to drop us off. Taxi ride back at the end of the day cost about $5-totally worth it because we were exhausted from doing both Universal parks. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We didn't spend that much time at the hotel because we had a very early flight, and breakfast wasn't served that early, so can't comment on that. There was a 24-hour Burger King right next to the hotel, as well as a pub, a steakhouse and some other options. Great location if you are going to Universal!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your kind review! I am glad we were able to accommodate your early morning check in to prepare you for a fun day at the parks. And I am glad you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed April 24, 2014

From the staff to the room and the great location, one of the best stays in a long time. Highly recommended. The front desk staff went out of their way to accommodate us in every way. I was expecting the breakfast to be a small continental one and was quite surprised that it was wonderful, the waffles were superb. The to was clean and kept that way by the extremely friendly housekeeping staff.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Krummster
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and thank you for your excellent rating! I am so glad the staff was helpful, and the breakfast was yummy! We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Orlando area.
Lilongwe, Malawi
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week, booked for two weeks but has to cut the holiday short as my new job started halfway through! Easy walking distance for the universal parks (20mins) and there is an I-trolley stop (G2) right outside the hotel.
Room was fine (room 100) and had a fridge and microwave. Wi-fi was ok... I paid 5 dollars a day to upgrade to faster and had no connection issues and was fast enough to stream videos.
Breakfast is included and was ok. Scrambled eggs and sausage patties were the only hot items; could have done with bacon but can't have everything!
Room service was fine...
If you are visiting universal parks and don't want to pay the ridiculous prices charged by universal for the onsite hotels, this place is ok!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your review and it's sad you had to cut your vacation short. I'm glad you found a good value for your money with us. We hope to have you stay with us again next time you are visiting the Orlando area. Have a wonderful day!
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Loved this hotel, which was minutes walk from universal studios. Clean room, friendly staff, great breakfast. Close to major roads, restaurants and shops. Also great value but we didn't use shuttle, as only once a day.

1 Thank Penny E
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment. I am so glad to see you had a great time during your stay! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and closeness to Universal Studios. We hope you choose us the next time you visit the parks!
Naples, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We had called this property after checking in and promptly checking out of a disastrous Motel 6 experience. We checked into Motel 6, stayed for 10 minutes and decided that it was unfit for human inhabitants, so we called the good people at Fairfield Inn and they got us in! We were beyond pleased to just walk into the lobby! But then the front desk clerk greeted us with the most amazing service and we felt like we were at the Ritz! He gave us a reduced rate, presented us with bottled water, and offered us everything but the moon, before setting us off to our room. The room was super clean and good-smelling and the beds were comfy! The cleaning staff was gracious and accommodating and the continental breakfast was delicious and the dining staff were extremely sweet and also very accommodating. I couldn't tip enough! Will definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Room 419 was awesome! Right at the end of the hall and very quiet!
2 Thank wingolamo
Thank you for your beyond excellent review! I am sorry to hear that your original hotel was not as expected, but I am so glad to hear that we were able to get your settled in with a good rate and comfortable room. It is great to hear that the staff took care of you as well! We would be more then happy to see you on your next trip to Orlando!
Georgia
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We recently visited Universal for the first time and spent four days in Orlando staying at the Fairfield Inn. The room was clean and ready when we arrived. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We did have to request towels for the pool area and were promptly provided with same. The best thing about the Fairfield is the location. We were able to walk to dinner for most nights we were there as a Carrabas and Kobe are right there. Also, the hotel is only a few blocks from Universal so it was a quick drive, although there is a limited shuttle available. Only complaint would be that they clean the rooms later in the day. I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your visit to Universal Studios! I apologize that your room was serviced later than you would have liked. Next time, let us know what time works best for you and we will make sure to service while you area away! We hope to see you on your next trip to Orlando!
Pass Christian, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Upon checking in the guy at the front desk told me I had to have a credit card for incidentals because I had a cc on file from my company and they didn't cover them! When I asked if they had movies he said no so I asked why then do I need a cc? He wouldn't let me check in until I gave him my card and he advised me it would only hold $20 but when I checked my account they had $100 on hold for incidentals! Also when entering room it smell like mold and the carpet was all wet by a/c! When I called down to front desk I was advised they were full and they had no other room available! Not once did they offer to fix or move me another day because I was there for 5 nights! Ever day I got back to the room the housekeeper turned off the a/c so it really stunk! I had to call desk and request she not touch it! Also she left her broom in my room! The money my company paid for this room was definitely not worth it!

• Stayed April 2014
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. Having to stay in a musty smelling room is not something we want any of our guests to experience, and are taking corrective actions to amend this. Additionally, while we don't offer movies, it is our company policy to collect an incidental credit card on the outside chance that you would have liked to order room service during your stay. However, I will make sure to follow up with my staff about the misinformation given to you in regards to the authorization amount upon check in. I thank you again for writing, and hope you give us the opportunity to make it right for you the next time your travels bring you to Orlando.