Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
    Great 4.5/5
    Good 3.5/5
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsfront deskale housethe breakfast areafree breakfastfree shuttlewithin walking distanceyogurtking suitemake your own wafflesother hotelsuniversal orlandobed was comfortableevery morningcity walkshort drivepool and hot tubclean hotel
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here last week on a Spring Break mini vacation. Due to my own fault apparently I did not read this hotel only had full beds. I was surprised as I was unaware any property only had full size beds in this day and age. Very surprised. The rooms are very small no fridge.The beds are extremely soft. The pool is located in an area where it receives no sun whatsoever. The water was very cold. They claim to provide transportation to Universal. Be advised this is not continuous, and leaves at 8:10 a.m and returns at 7 p.m. We did not opt for this--the hotel is across the street but it is hardly within "walking distance" as it states unless you want to walk many miles in addition to inside the park. On the bright side breakfast was included was very good with many options. Due to it being spring break it was certainly not worth what I paid. $200 a night for full size beds?? I think not. It is clean and the location is in a good spot, if you can get it for much less money then fine with breakfast included but otherwise it was not a good value. It is very clean and staff is nice. Restaurants within walking distance was also a plus after a long day at the parks.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
    LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay, and that you feel you did not receive a value for what you paid-this is not what we wish our guests to experience. We are looking into working with Universal to get more shuttles provided for our guests, but I apologize that there were not enough offered times during your stay. However, I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast, and that the local restaurants were convenient for you. Have a great day!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

A typical Fairfield Inn. Nothing surprise while nothing to complain.. except mini fridge. We bought some fruit and tried to find a place to store them. Ended up with an ice bucket. Breakfast is ok, typical cont'l one with some hot choice. Waffle maker is lovely. You should give it a shot.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that we did not have a fridge available for your room during your stay. We are looking to eventually install these in all rooms on property. It is great to hear, though, that you enjoyed making waffles in the morning- they are quite tempting! Have a great day!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed at quite a few properties over the last few months and this one was close to the top of my list of very good locations.

Check in was quick and easy. One kind of stupid thing is they give you a "parking permit" to put on your dash. I know the location is surrounded by a lot of stuff so I'm sure they get parking lot creep but other hotels I've stayed in around here don't do that but whatever.

The room was quite spacious. I don't know if every room there is a suite or not but I didn't specifically book one but that's what we were in. The separate sitting area from the bed area is nice. We booked a king room and the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept on in the last year. The bathroom is spacious with the sink separate from the toilet/bathtub area. This is by far the most spacious hotel bathroom I've had in quite a while and was a welcome change. Everything was clean and functioned as it should.

We didn't have much interaction with the staff but they were friendly on check in/out.

Overall a very good property with extremely close and easy access to Universal Studios. There is a Walgreens, Burger King, Golden Corral and are several other shops/restaurants within walking distance.

If there is one negative to this hotel, it is right across the street from a fire department. So depending on how deep you sleep you may get woken up with a siren. Maybe next time I'll request a room on the front side of the hotel as ours was closer to the fire department.

This will be my go-to property when visiting Universal Studios in the future.

1  Thank bishoparc

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that it was a good one! I apologize if the parking pass was a nuisance to put on your car- unfortunately we do have non-guest cars in the lot occasionally, and want to make sure there are enough spaces for our guests. I also apologize about the noise from the fire department. I can imagine how that would be frustrating when trying to sleep. However, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our comfy beds! We would love to see you again on your next trip to Universal Studios!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife, son and I stayed at this hotel in early March, for 4 days. Staff is very helpful and kind. They always do their best to make us feel well.
    As stated in other reviews, breakfast is very good, with good options and specially English muffins and waffles (which I like very much).
    As already mentioned, too, it is close to Universal Studios and you can reach it in a 20 min walk. You will walk one block inside the parking lot, cross the street and then you are already inside Universal property. Then, you walk 2 more blocks in a very nice and comfortable area and will get to the valet parking, where there is an escalator that takes you to the entrance.
    If you have a car, Millenia mall, Orlando Premium Outlets (at International Dr.), Bed, Bath & Beyond and Ross are nearby.
    I was kind of concerned when we arrived at the hotel and noticed a Fire Station just across 5614 Vineland Rd. But since there are 2 other hotels in the block, it seems the firefighters respect the guests and do not get to the street with their sirens out loud. They just turn them on briefly, probably to get out of the station. We were not disturbed any day because of that!
    There wasn't too much space to keep clothes, just some hangers in a specific small open area. Besides that, there were 4 large drawers. Anyway, this was the exact size for us, as we were coming from another hotel and most of our bags were ready (and we did not have to unpack some of them).
    I would surely stay at this hotel again when going back to Orlando, and will recommend it to friends. They really deserve the first positions in TripAdvisor.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
    1  Thank RBRSaoPaulo

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review! I am so glad to hear that your stay was a great one and you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to Universal Studios. I am also glad to hear that our staff was helpful during your stay- I will make sure to pass on your kid words to them! We look forward to hosting you and your family again on your next trip to Orlando!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

So close to Universal and not far from WDW at a reasonable price. Check-in staff was great. Breakfast was typical for Fairfield with oatmeal, eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal, pastries and yogurt. We had a king suite which was very nice for 2 with a refrigerator. Carrabba's and Golden Coral are next door. There is a McDonalds close as well. Always enjoy their herbal teas in the lobby. We had a room with the sink separate from the bathroom which we like for efficient use in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
    LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that it was a great one! I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our king suite room- just like you said, perfect for two! We look forward to the chance to host you again on your next visit to sunny Orlando.