Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #105 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have stayed at quite a few properties over the last few months and this one was close to the top of my list of very good locations.

Check in was quick and easy. One kind of stupid thing is they give you a "parking permit" to put on your dash. I know the location is surrounded by a lot of stuff so I'm sure they get parking lot creep but other hotels I've stayed in around here don't do that but whatever.

The room was quite spacious. I don't know if every room there is a suite or not but I didn't specifically book one but that's what we were in. The separate sitting area from the bed area is nice. We booked a king room and the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept on in the last year. The bathroom is spacious with the sink separate from the toilet/bathtub area. This is by far the most spacious hotel bathroom I've had in quite a while and was a welcome change. Everything was clean and functioned as it should.

We didn't have much interaction with the staff but they were friendly on check in/out.

Overall a very good property with extremely close and easy access to Universal Studios. There is a Walgreens, Burger King, Golden Corral and are several other shops/restaurants within walking distance.

If there is one negative to this hotel, it is right across the street from a fire department. So depending on how deep you sleep you may get woken up with a siren. Maybe next time I'll request a room on the front side of the hotel as ours was closer to the fire department.

This will be my go-to property when visiting Universal Studios in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bishoparc
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that it was a good one! I apologize if the parking pass was a nuisance to put on your car- unfortunately we do have non-guest cars in the lot occasionally, and want to make sure there are enough spaces for our guests. I also apologize about the noise from the fire department. I can imagine how that would be frustrating when trying to sleep. However, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our comfy beds! We would love to see you again on your next trip to Universal Studios!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife, son and I stayed at this hotel in early March, for 4 days. Staff is very helpful and kind. They always do their best to make us feel well.
As stated in other reviews, breakfast is very good, with good options and specially English muffins and waffles (which I like very much).
As already mentioned, too, it is close to Universal Studios and you can reach it in a 20 min walk. You will walk one block inside the parking lot, cross the street and then you are already inside Universal property. Then, you walk 2 more blocks in a very nice and comfortable area and will get to the valet parking, where there is an escalator that takes you to the entrance.
If you have a car, Millenia mall, Orlando Premium Outlets (at International Dr.), Bed, Bath & Beyond and Ross are nearby.
I was kind of concerned when we arrived at the hotel and noticed a Fire Station just across 5614 Vineland Rd. But since there are 2 other hotels in the block, it seems the firefighters respect the guests and do not get to the street with their sirens out loud. They just turn them on briefly, probably to get out of the station. We were not disturbed any day because of that!
There wasn't too much space to keep clothes, just some hangers in a specific small open area. Besides that, there were 4 large drawers. Anyway, this was the exact size for us, as we were coming from another hotel and most of our bags were ready (and we did not have to unpack some of them).
I would surely stay at this hotel again when going back to Orlando, and will recommend it to friends. They really deserve the first positions in TripAdvisor.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RBRSaoPaulo

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review! I am so glad to hear that your stay was a great one and you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to Universal Studios. I am also glad to hear that our staff was helpful during your stay- I will make sure to pass on your kid words to them! We look forward to hosting you and your family again on your next trip to Orlando!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

So close to Universal and not far from WDW at a reasonable price. Check-in staff was great. Breakfast was typical for Fairfield with oatmeal, eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal, pastries and yogurt. We had a king suite which was very nice for 2 with a refrigerator. Carrabba's and Golden Coral are next door. There is a McDonalds close as well. Always enjoy their herbal teas in the lobby. We had a room with the sink separate from the bathroom which we like for efficient use in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that it was a great one! I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our king suite room- just like you said, perfect for two! We look forward to the chance to host you again on your next visit to sunny Orlando.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Great for being reasonably priced & so close to Universal Studios, including a decent continental breakfast with our stay, having comfortable double beds and strong water flow in the shower, and walking distance to several restaurants (Carrabas, Kobe & Ale House). Guests have free wifi too. There's an outdoor pool & hot tub which were great after walking in the hot sun all day. This is a mid-level hotel, not luxury, and was great for families. Looked like there were business people staying here too. The location is convenience to the interstate.

Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear it was an enjoyable one! Whether you find yourself in Orlando again for business or pleasure, we would love the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Room was very clean, which is my main consideration. Front desk staff were helpful. We were able to check in early, which was nice. The buffet in the morning has many offerings, so something for everyone.

Location was great for Universal Studios. I'm glad we rented a car, though, because the shuttle only runs twice a day -- once at 8:15 a.m. to go to the park and once at 6:15 p.m. to return from the park. (We were told that the shuttle is provided by Universal Studios, not the hotel.) It's possible that they may run more shuttles during the busier seasons, but just wanted to point this out in case you might be considering that as your only source of transportation to and from the theme park.

My only complaint is about the workout room. There were no stationary bikes and the treadmill was out of order. Also, while we were there, it was cold and raining the entire three days, and to get to the exercise room you had to go outside past the pool. So, between the bad weather and the non-working (or non-existent) machines, we did not get to use the exercise room, which was disappointing.

Other than that, we had a nice stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank viajadora59

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that the treadmill wasn't working during the time you were here- I know a good workout is important! Despite this, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and hopefully the rain didn't dampen things too much. Have a great day!

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

All working stuff are friendly , the lady at the breakfast always smiling rooms are perfect , location is awesome , parking is good , wifi was too fast , vendor machines have good prices , the breakfast was good but choices were not enough , receptionists were so helpful

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karim E

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am so glad to hear that you 'love' us! I cannot wait to share your kind words with the staff. We hope to serve you again on your next trip to Orlando!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed here on a weekend to go to Universal Studios. Great location, clean room, comfortable bed and pillows. Johan and Denis at the front desk were so helpful. Patricia kept the breakfast area clean and food replenished, Manuel was also very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris L

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I cannot wait to share your kind words with our staff- I know Denis, Johan, Patricia, and Miguel will be every excited! We would love the opportunity to host you again, and hope to see you on your next trip to Orlando!