Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #122 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is very quiet and in a GREAT location if you are going to Universal. I stay here on business and it's just right. The free breakfast is also very good (they have real juice!!). The staff is very nice. This most recent visit the front desk clerk, Miguel, was super friendly. I asked him about their cookies and all they had left was Oatmeal, which I hate. Without missing a beat he told me he was going to personally make me some hot and fresh Chocolate Chip ones so I could enjoy my first night in. It totally made my night when I got some hot, fresh, and delicious free chocolate chip cookies.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay. I am so glad to hear you think our location and breakfast are great! It is also wonderful to hear that Miguel made you feel right at home with some of our yummy chocolate chip cookies.. I can't resist them either! Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I don't have a single complaint. The rooms were bright pretty and clean, the service was awesome. Everyone was so sweet, and it's so close to universal! I will be back for sure! For the price this place was a steal!

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that our team was able to WOW you with their service! We'll see you again soon on your next trip to Orlando!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I am fairly careful about choosing hotels – for this trip we were looking for good value, budget hotels and this is exactly what we got here. I had noticed this hotel was doing well on tripadvisor and I can concur that it is deserving of its current rating.

Check-in was quick, easy and hassle free. I had requested a room on a high floor and that is exactly what we got. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean and it was kept that way by our maid throughout the duration of our 5 night stay. The bed was comfortable and although there was some noise from traffic outside, we still slept well here with good blackout blinds.

Breakfast here was excellent. There was plenty of choice and variety for a great start to the day. We were delighted with what was on offer. The complimentary coffee throughout the day in the reception area was a huge bonus and gratefully received by us after long days in the parks.

The staff at this hotel definitely deserve their special mention – they are doing an absolutely excellent job. I honestly felt like nothing would have been trouble to them. A big thank-you for that.

The free bus shuttle to and from Universal was excellent – departing at 8.15am and going to one final hotel before a drop-off at the studios with a return @ 6.45pm on line H. The drivers were courteous and helpful and I highly recommend their service. We also walked to and from the studios a couple of times in around 15-20 minutes. It is easy to walk it, with good crossings to get across the highways.

Although there is a small pool we didn’t use it so can’t comment.

There are several restaurants’ near the hotel including TGI Fridays. We ate in the Orlando Ale House a few times which was excellent and a fraction of the cost of food at Universal CityWalk. There is also a huge Walgreens pharmacy and supermarket so that was ideal to stock up on essentials for the room.

We were asked how our stay was when we departed, there was no timeshare hard sell in this hotel, and they kept our bags while we enjoyed our last day after check-out and then organised a taxi to the airport for us. Hard to beat this one!

They lose a mark from me because there was no fridge in the room, and no in room safe. Although we used the lock box service available at the front desk free of charge this was still a bit of a hassle for us - minor niggles for an otherwise exceptional stay – I would give it 4 and a half if I could.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TAmember13

I cannot say how thankful I am for your comments and kind words! And I am so glad that your stay was a 'great, great, great' one! It is wonderful to hear that all aspects of your stay was great- from shuttle service, to breakfast, to your room! Our hope is to eventually get fridges in all rooms, and I apologize if this caused an inconvenience for you. However, I am glad to see that your stay was a pleasant one despite that. We hope to see you again the next time you visit sunny Orlando!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

front desk staff was extremely helpfu....the breakfast is nice (eggs, bacon and the normal continental stuff)...sooms were very very clean...even received a room upgrade!! we've stayed here a few times and definitely plan to stay there again in the future

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review, and thank you for staying with us when you come to Orlando! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay- from breakfast, to rooms, to staff. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Very good service, friendly and welcoming staff. Miquel was the bomb! Very helpful with recommendations and giving directions to destinations. Renee was also very pleasant to work with. Both went out of their way to be most accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our welcoming staff! Both Renee and Miguel are ecstatic about your comment, and appreciate your kind words. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very clean. Staff is so pleasant. Location is excellent. Breakfast plates need improvement and additional soaps are needed but would definitely stay again. Not fancy but that isn't necessary. Restaurants are close and i4 is. Lose

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. Im glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from staff to location! Have a great day!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The staff was so friendly and helpful in every way! They arranged transportation to and from the events I was attending and answered all my questions about the area. The room was comfortable and clean and the hotel is located near Starbucks and restaurants and only a few minutes from the Mall at Millenia. A special thank you to Miguel for going above and beyond!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words about your most recent stay with us. I am so glad our staff was so helpful! I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Miguel- we are lucky to have such a dedicated member on our team! Have a great day, and we hope you will think of us next time you are in Orlando!