“Clean, friendly and close to universal”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #108 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel has been the best budget friendly hotel I have ever stayed in. First of all the staff is super friendly and very helpful. The hotel is very clean and quiet. Then there is the breakfast! So many items to choose from (hot and cold) and the staff constantly replaces the items so you always have a selection. The hotel is also very close to the entrance to the Universal Resort - maybe about a mile or so. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Universal.

Room Tip: Book a couple of weeks in advance so you get a better rate.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cathy Q
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us! I am so excited to hear that we were able to make your stay a memorable one- from staff, to location, to delicious breakfast options! Wonderful to hear you got a great value for your money, and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort

Reviewed August 2, 2013

They had great rates and the handsome front desk operator Miguel was a wonderful help when we were inquiring about the fun things to do in Orlando, besides the obvious amusement parks. I will say that they keep it pretty cold, but the rooms were pretty nice; great size and amenities. The breakfast in the morning was good as well. They don't have the best selection of TV channels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that Miguel was able to help you find some fun things to do in Orlando! Have a great day!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

the staff was friendly, starting from the desk people to the kitchen people. They were there to help their customers.
we had a nice gentleman name Miguel who was very helpful and caring. He was friendly so was his coworker. The room was nice and clean, but I think they need an upgrade on couch bed.

1  Thank Flore L

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us, and that our staff was friendly and helpful. I apologize if the couch beds we uncomfortable during your stay- we are always trying to better our product for our guests, and will hopefully be able to switch them in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've stayed at FI before and chose to stay this visit because I was visiting Universal Studios and the location can't be beat (this is the closest Marriott property to Universal). I got in early and was able to keep my luggage at the front desk since my room wasn't ready and I wanted to go enjoy the parks. All the staff I saw were friendly and said HI when passing in the hall or sharing an elevator. I stayed in a king bed suite, a lot of room to spread out with the separate living room area with a full size sleeper sofa, chair and desk. There's a mini fridge and microwave. Breakfast has been upgraded to include scrambled eggs and a meat as well as the staples (breads, pastries, and make your own waffles). There is a shuttle available to Universal and to the outlet malls, check times at front desk and to make reservations. Universal is within walking distance (about a mile) and the I-Ride trolley has a stop not far from the hotel that can take you to the shops, dining and attractions on International Drive. I didn't use the pool on this visit so don't know if its changed since my review a year ago. Stay here and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I always get a room on a higher floor as it tends to be quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Terri D

Thank you for your review and outstanding rating! I greatly appreciate your compliments about our staff and the service we provide to our valued guests. Your kind words mean a lot to our team. Thank you for staying with us and you are welcome to stay with us next time you travel to sunny Orlando!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Amazing service from Miguel at the front desk he always made me cookies when ever needed and showed great customer service. the room is great though the couch bed hurts my back and THE COOKIES ARE DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for writing about your recent stay with us! I am happy Miguel was able to make your stay a great one. I apologize the couch bed hurt your back; but I am glad to hear that you love our cookies! We hope to see you in Orlando again soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I rented two rooms with my family ono 7/18 and 7/19 and evrything was great. the staff was exceptional and the property was immaculate. It is next to everything that Disney has to offer and it's in a gated area so the kids can walk to the arcade and pizza hut on the property with no worries.

1  Thank Martin W
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a response about your stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your time in Orlando, and hope to see you next time you visit the Sunshine State!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This review is grossly overdue but I really want to stress what a wonderful experience we had here! The staff was perfect! Sincerely friendly and professional! Location was perfect! Universal Studios was walking distance from the hotel. Plus they had a shuttle service which we did use in the evenings. Our room was clean and comfortable. Our travel agent had booked us somewhere else but after reading reviews I made them change to this place! The other place was a little cheaper (through the travel agency) but the reviews about the staff were scary and it offered less amenities. Fairfield Inn is truly a gem and we highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for your review and outstanding rating! I greatly appreciate your compliments about our staff and the service we provide to our valued guests. Your kind words mean a lot to our team. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Orlando!