I stayed here with a friend in early March. We had wanted to go to Universal Studios for the weekend but didn't want the hassle of driving each day/paying for parking/etc so we were looking for options close by. This hotel gave us everything we needed and more! Rooms were as expected for this hotel brand. It happened to be only 60 degrees the weekend we were there so we were not able to take advantage of the pool. We had requested an early check earlier in the week and were granted this upon our arrival. Great service at the front desk and always helpful!
Now on to the important stuff:
They had a shuttle that ran once per day (~8:15am pick up from hotel and ~7:15pm pick up from Universal) but if you didn't care to catch it at those times, you could walk and be at the park entrance in 20 min. The walk seemed a bit far at first but once you got the route, it was easy. There was a sidewalk the whole way and it was well lit (even at night) and there were crossing signals at all the major roadways. We always saw people on the route as well.
The complimentary breakfast each morning was a great way to start the day and was definitely a money saver and they had warm chocolate chip cookies in the lobby each afternoon! There were tons of restaurants nearby including an Ale House, Starbucks, Carraba's, and T.G.I. Fridays along with everything at City Walk. There was also a Walgreens in the same parking lot/vicinity in case you forgot anything.
All in all, I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel if you are planning on spending the weekend at Universal Studios and I will be staying here again as I am a Annual Passholder!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests feel right at home at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando near Universal Orlando Resort. Our vibrant and welcoming hotel near Universal Orlando is perfect for creating memories on a trip to Florida, as it offers many multifunctional spaces and modern amenities. We are a 2016 TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence winner and we offer travelers plenty of space to relax as they explore Orlando. Our hotel sits moments from top Orlando attractions, including Universal Studios and Universal Citywalk. Guest rooms and guest suites at our hotel are spacious, and they include free Wi-Fi and plush bedding. Each morning, we provide a complimentary hot breakfast for our guests and our outdoor pool is always available for a refreshing swim. At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, we make guests needs and wants our #1 priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Orlando Universal Studios
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
- Fairfield Inn Orlando
- Fairfield Orlando
- Orlando Fairfield Inn