“Great inexpensive hotel for a Univeral visit.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #80 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Summerville, South Carolina
“Great inexpensive hotel for a Univeral visit.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is about 1/4 mile from the entrance to Universal. It may seem walkable but when you take into consideration you still have at least another 1/2 mile from the entrance to the gate for the park you probably don't want to walk as you'll be walking all day. The rooms were updated, clean and comfortable. Breakfast offered a large array of foods from yogurt to pre-made breakfast sandwiches to oatmeal to make your own waffles. The front desk staff was great. They answered all of my Universal questions and made great recommendations. The shuttle left at 8:25am, which got us to the gate right before the park opened. The only returning shuttle was at 8:20 at night, which was too late for us, however a taxi to return to the hotel is only $8 (including tip) so we took the shuttle there and a taxi back. Don't park at Universal - it's $15 a day and the parking garage takes ages to get through and is FAR from the park gate. The only negative was the pool being shaded in the afternoon - as we were there in November it was too cold to swim and no chance of sunbathing. I would highly recommend this hotel as a reasonably priced choice for Universal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MaggieSummerville123
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing a plethora of information about our hotel, our services and the area! I am glad you had a great stay and our accommodations met your needs and budget. We hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Shelton, CT
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here for one night in August. Very close to Universal and helpful staff. Excellent value for the price and a great free breakfast. Nice to get a free breakfast in Orlando before a day at the parks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your review and great rating! We are delighted to know that our location as well as the level of our service met your expectations and allowed you to thoroughly enjoy your vacation. We also hope that we will have the honor to be your host at your next visit to Orlando.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The front desk staff was great, room was clean, and breakfast was awesome! I would definitely stay here again!! I wish I would have stayed longer. I got a room quickly on short notice and they got me right in. Room was super cozy and modern too.

Room Tip: Ask for the 6th floor- great view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review and great rating! We appreciate your kind words and most importantly the fact that your stay with us was most enjoyable. We are very excited to know that you will consider us again at your next visit to Orlando. It will be our honor to serve you again.
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Breakfast was good and the room was good too, with good shower in the bathroom. The only poit of attention is that after check in, when already in bed the gentlemen from the reception called me asking who had made the check in and asked 4 times my name and asked me to go down because he could not find my name. This after I had checked in and received the key!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank sissoca
Thank you very much for sharing about your stay. I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire staff of our Fairfield for the disruption caused by an error in the system at the time of your arrival. We still hope to see you again so that we can show you what we are about.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Very enjoyable stay. Denis at the front desk was extremely personable and accomodating. Check in was a breeze. Everyone from housekeeping to the breakfast staff (I think her name is Galina) were excellent. The room was comfortable and quiet and great access to Orlando attractions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your time writing a review for us and for your kind words about our staff. We hope to see you again next time you come to the Orlando area. Have a wonderful day!
Arlington,TN
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Good staff, our reservations had gotten messed up but they were able to fix them quicky with no problem. The first breakfast attendant was rude and sullen but the one with the blond hair pulled back in a bun, with an accent(should have got her name) was a delight! Always pleasant with a postive word to say, ready to help. The breakfast fare that was offered was pretty decent several different hot and cold items were offered. In the evening time there were delicious cookies put out. My only compliant is those soft beds and pillows! We were in room 603-we asked for the quiet floor-we stayed here a week and the bed and pillows took a toll on my back, I did ask the staff to do something they put a board under the bed but there's not too much you can do with a soft mattress besides replace it. It was a decent location with great staff all around but I will probaly stay at a different Marriot location next time-because of the beds. If soft beds don't bother you then this may be a place for you. Oh they do provide free shuttle service to Universal and it is very close to the Outlet. The Border Grill I left a review for is right across the street....Workout room is small but we were able to jog aound the hotel with no problems.

Room Tip: the 6th floor is their quiet floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our staff service breakfast and location. I am sorry our beds were too soft for you and did not allow for your stay to be fully pleasant. Thank you for choosing us for your trip to Orlando. Have a great day!
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I just wanted to say that I had a great experience at this facility as always. It had been a long time since I stayed there and I am glad I chose to stay there again. There is something a little different about my stay this time. It was better! It had always been great, but the service was above and beyond. Dennis, who worked at night & checked me in, was phenomenal! Best experience ever! And of course in the morning as I was leaving, Juan was great as well. I even received excellent service when I called the toll free number to make the reservation. I will definitely come back to this facility again. Great location, great rate, great service, up to date & clean.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are happy you had a great stay with us and hope there are more to come! Have a great day!