“Quick business trip”

Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall
Ranked #182 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Overall the hotel is nice. The parking was tight for a large pickup to maneuver on the back side of the hotel which is where my room was. Had several problems getting the room key to work on the exterior doors to allow entry into the corridors. Room was clean and the wireless internet in the room was adequate. Lobby and breakfast area were spacious and clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had a terrible experience with the receptionist who didn't welcome us but just ask for the credit card with very bad presentation. I supposed to be a HHonor member but he never devote himself to search seriously and just said "you are not registered" as if he is the one who is choosing the guest. The hotel is old and abandoned, just standing on the convenient place but nothing else. The breakfast is also terrible, people serving there is also the worst I have ever had.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MCOFM, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

We're very glad we had the chance to serve you and appreciate your candid feedback of your stay. It's disappointing to know that you had a poor service experience and can assure you rude staff are not typical. Your comments have been shared and addressed with the appropriate members of our team. We hope you will give us another chance to make it up to you and demonstrate our commitment to our guests.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Room did not stink, but was musky. Furniture was CHEAP. Tables wiggled, look like they were bought at BIG LOTS. Would not stay here again as it is a rip off for what you get. Lobby was nice enough, but room was not very well done. Breakfast was terrible.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MCOFM, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Your satisfaction is so important to us and we work extremely hard to ensure guests have a great stay. However, I'm so sorry to hear that your experience was disappointing and that lets me know we certainly have some room for improvement. I'm sharing your comments with our staff so we can address your concerns about the furniture and breakfast offerings. We really hope you'll consider staying with us again and allowing us the opportunity to make your next experience great.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Good breakfast, good Wi Fi, really close to Florida mall, it is 15 minutes away from the airport. Thay are a lot of places to eat near by, and if you are driving the staff is really helpful in explaining directions! It is about 30 minutes away from the Premium outlets, sea world and Walt Disney I would stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Teach your employees to apologize when a guest finds a huge cockroach dead on the floor on the first day of arrival. And then to find worms crawling on the bathroom floor just disgusting had to kill and dispose of them myself since I did not see any sense of urgency when reported first problem. And one night had problem with opening door and went to lobby to look for help and he just basically did not seem to care just explained something about door and thats it no offer to help nothing maybe cause he was too busy sitting there watching NBA games in the lobby. Not very good service.... at least for me.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate your speed in bringing this issue to my attention. I have since followed up with our staff, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Have stayed here 3 times . Staff are friendly and very helpful ( even with printing return travel documents). Complimentary breakfast seems to have some of everything including very good coffee. You could have a cooked breakfast or like my wife and I cereal and fruit. Location is convenient and I could drive anywhere that I wanted in a reasonable amount of time with excellent access to the Interstate and other highways.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Nice hotel decor, typical room but the pillows were smelly. They smelled like feet. I guess too much old drool. The refrigerator hummed like a frog in heat and the air conditioner was extremely noisy and did not keep the room cool.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family