“Great value and experience”

Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall
Ranked #171 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Puerto Rico
“Great value and experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a short business visit to Orlando. My experience was excelent. Great room that included a fridge and mirowave. Hotel staff was very polite and heplful. Breakfast was good and served since 6am, which is convenient for people flying early or those with early meetings. Hotel is located across Florida Mall, so there are many restaurants nearby. I have no regrets staying here and would definitely stay again.

Thank Dra.Gonzalez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dania Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. The lobby was very well decorated and maintained. Check in was fast and friendly and accommodating when I asked if the first room the gave me on the first floor could be on the second floor for added safety. The interior of the hotel is a bit dated and worn, but the room itself was very clean and up-to-date. The morning breakfast was very well stocked and replenished. The staff working there were very friendly. I read some reviews about the area being questionable and I’d have to agree that it’s not the best part of town. The pool area is secure and surrounded by the hotel so it’s safe and the layout seems to be designed for safety and security. I felt safe when inside but made sure I kept myself aware of my surroundings when I parked or walked into the hotel.
I didn't dine in the area, I traveled about 12 miles west to meet with family in the area but I didn't notice any restaurants worth mentioning nearby.
Although I probably wouldn't choose this location for a family vacation, it was safe enough for business travel.

Portland, Maine
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at this property as well as my parents for a family vacation to Disney World & Universal Studios. Our flight arrived into Orlando at 10:00am, which was several hours before check-in. Although, our rooms weren't ready the front desk agent immediately came around the desk, helped us with our luggage and held it for us until check in. He was extremely helpful, friendly, and kind. We saw him a lot through out our stay and he was always smiling and helpful when asking for recommendations, directions, etc. Our rooms were extremely clean throughout our stay. Every employee that we saw whether is be the breakfast crew, front desk, housekeeping, etc all said hello and smiled. The complimentary breakfast was the best I've had at a Hampton Inn. They often changed it up through out our stay and always had fresh fruit and baked goods - very delicious and convenient. The location was great for us - short trip to the airport. About 5 miles from Universal (very easy to get to) and about 8 miles to Disney World. It is very close the mall, within walking distance.

The only thing that disappointed us was that the pool was not usable. When we arrived, it was very dirty. We asked if it was open for use and the front desk told us they had someone coming to clean it within the next day or so. It was cleaned a bit, but still looked very dirty. We didn't end up swimming our entire stay. Still, the customer service and exceptional rooms made the stay very enjoyable. Thanks to the great staff for making our vacation relaxing, fun, and easy. Would highly recommend this hotel if you're not looking to spend the money on a Disney resort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Goshen, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at this Hampton the night before my flight out of Orlando. All was good and lived up to the standard I expect when staying at a Hampton Inn. The only real downside was that there are not any great places to eat within walking distance and traffic was pretty thick at dinner time.

Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as three adults sharing a room with two queen beds. We booked through Kayak for $71 a night. The room was comfortable. The hotel is only two stories. We were on the first floor facing into the swimming pool courtyard. Having a room on the outside would have concerned me due to some of the foot traffic surrounding the hotel. However, the neighborhood was overall fine with no concern about leaving the car in the parking lot. The morning breakfast was good with plenty of hot items. There was also coffee and hot tea always available with cookies at night. The location was a short drive to seaworld and universal and about 25 min to Disney. We would stay here again. In addition, the staff was very helpful and even printed seaworld tickets for us. The staff really made the hotel much nicer.

• Stayed August 2013
Buckley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, Florida Mall for two weeks and found the Hotel, convenient, clean and great value. Not many people from the U.K. seem to book hotels direct themselves for holidays they use travel agents, but give it a try the process was easy and Hampton kept us well informed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel is in a good location. The breakfast area is large and there is plenty of seating space. The breakfast items were varied and the staff was always available to replenish all items. The rooms were spacious and all the areas were very clean. There are a lot of restaurants in the area. I would recommend this hotel 100%.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family