“Convenient but needs a little updating”

Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall
Ranked #175 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here many times over the last few years - on business. Overall a consistent Hampton experience. The decor is becoming dated and they could be a little more careful with their sloppy repairs. The bathroom wallpaper is dated and peeling and someone went crazy with the caulking gun around the sink. They also do not have a business center and even though they are close to the airport you can't print a boarding pass.

1  Thank roadwarrior1161
MCOFM, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for staying with us in Orlando during your business trip and we certainly appreciate your loyalty. We are always looking into opportunities to enhance our interior and amenities and are sharing your comments with the appropriate members of our team to review. We hope the next time you visit us, you will see some welcome changes.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall

Reviewed May 3, 2013

No much words, just visit this excellent hotel very well located and good service. Very speed check in and check out, I rented a car and everything was really easy access to everything. I do not hesitate to recommend this hotel for those budget families traveling to Orlando and their parks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alfredo Jose G
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I sometimes travel to Orlando for business and every time I do, I stay at this Hampton Inn regardless of what area of town I will working at. My previous experiences with this Hampton Inn have always been great!

1  Thank Nery T
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The facility was very nice, quality, very nice rooms, comfy bed and linen, sparkling bathrooms and good internet access. Pool looked great although I did not use it. The lobby, breakfast, staff great. Clean!

2  Thank Tim R
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a week in Orlando, We stayed at the Hampton Inn which was close (about 10 minutes) from Universal and an hour from Cocoa Beach. The hotel also had a free continental breakfast each morning which included waffles, eggs and sausage. The room had a microwave and refrigerator so we were able to cut down on food costs. The hotel has a pool but it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie31184
MCOFM, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

We're so happy you could relax and unwind with us. We appreciate that you alerted to your concerns about the pool so that our maintenance team can look into it and address this. Please come back and see us again soon.
Sincerely

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I needed a decent place to stay while attending a conference and I found it! Seems to be in a decent area although I am sure it could get rough just a little north of here. Overall I felt safe as my comings and goings were morning and early evening hours. I was surprised to find housekeeping vacuuming every day, which is not something you see in hotels nowadays. I would stay again if I needed to visit the area.

2  Thank Roger P
Reviewed April 17, 2013

It was a nice hotel but not up to par with some of the other Hampton Inn hotels that we stayed at. The bed linen wasn't as high quality, the eggs on the breakfast bar seemed to be the same every day except 1 for the week. The pool was dirty and we couldn't swim in it. Other Hampton Inn hotels offer hot cookies in the evening but this one didn't.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MCOFM, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Your satisfaction is our guarantee and we're committed to providing you with stellar service, comfortable surroundings and quality amenities. I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment with the bed linens and breakfast offerings. I'm sharing your comments with our team so we can ensure we're doing all we can in all aspects of our daily operations. As for the cookies we do have baked cookies at the breakfast bar area for our guest around 4pm Monday through Friday. Please feel free to send us a note if you have any additional comments or suggestions.

Kind regards,