“Winter get-away” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mentor, Ohio
“Winter get-away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here last year with our son during Spring Break and were very impressed with it. When I booked a trip to Florida in January, I knew we would spend out first 2 days in Orlando and I knew where to stay. Desk personnel were friendly and helpful, breakfast is delicious and rooms are very comfortable. My husband and I utilized the wonderful work out room also.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
Spring Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights while settling my daughter into her new apartment. I found the hotel to always be clean and someone was always cleaning! Breakfast was served daily from 6-10 and they had a nice variety every day. The pool area was well taken care but rarely used. Desk staff very courteous.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bel Air, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am a fan of the Hampton Inn chain. I was in the Orlando area for a conference and decided to book at a less expensive hotel in the area. I was able to get a good deal on the rate, so we stayed here for two nights. The staff was friendly and breakfast was enjoyable. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

awesome place to say and relax at they have everything you need for affordable price and i love there breakfast the internet was amazing i needed it its close to the orlando parks and the beds were so comfortable i slept like a baby on them lol

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staff were great; very friendly and accommodating. The lobby is very nice and must have been redone recently. They do serve cookies that looked fantastic but as I am trying to lose weight I did not try them.
Rooms are very clean, a little older but the bed was very comfortable. Room has a microwave and refrigerator and a flat screen TV. The rooms could use better lighting and a heating unit with wall thermostat. Bathroom was clean which is essential for me. Overall the rooms were fine.
My only concern is the location. This would not be my first choice if I was visiting Orlando on vacation. I noticed that many of the guests were tourist though so others find this location OK for their holiday. The neighborhood is OK but I could not determine the safety of the area as many of the businesses had security guards. Quite a bit of pedestrian traffic though.
My stay was very good and I would use this facility again.

Room Tip: Any room near the elevator is going to be away from the lobby. Vending and ice are at the far end of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I love Hampton inn for their warm hospitality. I stayed at this particular location on 31st of December 2012. We booked 2 rooms and our room was huge with sofa and king bed . Clean, and neat bathroom , amenities were sufficient, and staff were friendly. We looked forward to enjoy their evening snacks , which were warm cookies. The breakfast was plenty,and Hampton inn's breakfast can be compared to an all inclusive resort. I say this because during the same trip, we stayed at Hyatt Place and could see the difference in service, quality and quantity. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

During my long career I traveled extensively in the United States and stayed in many hotels from high end to moderate properties. When budget considerations were tight, the Hampton Inn was always my first choice because I knew that I would get a decent room and breakfast. Now that I am embarking on my second career, I still find wherever I go I know what to expect with a Hampton property. Some are better than others, however, I found this hotel to be just fine (it isn't the Ritz) but the staff were friendly, the room clean, the breakfast was actually very good and the amenities were in line with the price for the stay.

Room Tip: We wanted a quiet room and were given one on the 1st floor facing away from the street. We never he...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business