New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #163 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Spent one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I spent one night at this hotel after a day at Universal Studios.

Of course we choose the busiest week in Orlando to vacation ;), so everything was booked, and we happened to get the last room when we reserved it online a month in advance.

Nothing atypical about this hotel...it was clean, and the staff was friendly. the breakfast buffet had hot food which was good.

We did not use the pool as it was in the fifties when we stayed there.

The parking lot was crowded, but we did stay during peak season so not really a diss.

It is located near the Florida Mall and several chain restaurants.

We did ask for a roll-away at check-in but were denied one because the clerk said the Fire Marshall didn't allow them in rooms with two queen beds. not sure if that is true as I've had roll-away beds in smaller rooms before.

Regardless, the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here a few months ago the night before and the night after our cruise from Port Canaveral.
The location is fine with enough restaurant and the Florida Mall nearby. The themeparks are a bit further but you'll need your car anyway.
The room is spacious and offer more then enough comfort for a 3-star accomodation. Wifi is included and pretty fast.
Breakfast was not spectular but conveniently with some pastries, toast, fruits, coffee and juices.

After all this is a great hotel if you're in Orlando for a short time and need a decent accomodation for a good price.
I would absolutely go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

First impresssions were not so good as it didn't really look like the pictures I'd seen, and seemed a bit tired looking. Once inside the room it was a bit better but still could have done with some repairs and redecorating. The shower head was wobbly and there was just a general feeling of lack of care and attention. All the members of staff we encountered were absolutely fabulous though, so full marks there, it just seems the people in charge are not putting enough money into it to keep it up to scratch, which is a pity. Also the noise from air con. is way too loud. The location was fine and we loved Orlando.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dave T
MCOFM, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our Hotel.

Thank you for the kudos. I will be sure to pass them along to our staff who try to make every guests stay a special one. I really appreciate your feedback about the look and feel of our property. We will be having a renovation in 2013. We will have our maintenance team adjust the shower head and AC unit. Please direct message me your information so we make sure to get the proper room. We will also take your other comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Friendly Regards;

Natalie

MCOFM_Hampton@hilton.com
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this property from 11/11 to 11/19. We were promptly checked in, asked to change our room location, and extended our stay by one day, and it was done with no problem. The front desk staff was polite and attended to any of our needs. There is plenty of parking onsite.The breakfast staff was helpful and friendly and the food choices varied from day to day. If you did not like the breakfast, there was a Dunkin Donuts directly across the parking lot. Our bathroom was spotless and floor cleaned everyday. Just be careful if you venture out at night, there are a few people who might be looking to engage in "strange activities" in the dark on Orange Blossom Blvd.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nylonghorn
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

After waiting around at the airport for several hours for a flight that eventually got cancelled, I needed a room nearby for my family of 5 with two small children. Nothing near the airport was available so I called Hilton directly and asked for the closest they had. They got me a room here at 8:30 PM for $89, which I thought was pretty good. They don't have an airport shuttle as they are about 15 minutes from the terminals, so taxi there was $38 and back for $30 (I have no idea for the difference as there was no meter, but I was stuck and had no choice). Hampton is my usual hotel of choice as they are pretty consistent with cleanliness and free hot breakfast, and this lived up to my expectations. I can't speak much about it as I arrived late and left early, but breakfast was good, the room was clean and the staff seemed friendly. There is a pool and workout room (I used neither). I didn't however see an office to use as that wouldve been helpful to print out boarding passes. There is a Dunkin' Donuts next door and a McDonalds next to that, so there are food choices as this is a pretty commercialized area. Overall I was pleased and it served my purposes fine.

Room Tip: Hotel is only two floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
miami, fl.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed one in June 2012. Chose the property because it`s close to my son`s dorm, and the price was very reasonable. The place was clean, safe and quiet. The complimentary breakfast was very good. The only thing that kept this from being an excellent stay was the room cleaners. Twice, they knocked on my door telling me i had to leave! Now, i know checkout is 11am. But at 11:15, they knock on my door. I tell them, we are getting ready to leave. Again, at 11:30, they knock. This time i tell them, Look, please don`t knock again. We are leaving in 5 minutes. We did. EVERY hotel i`ve ever stayed in, will give you a few minutes after checkout to get ready and go. Don`t keep knocking on my door telling me i have to leave!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
BETHESDA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I and 4 colleagues stayed at the Hampton Inn, Florida Mall on 9/3 and 9/4. The rooms were booked as a block. I was at the front desk when my colleague (Jeff Freitas) checked in. The disk clerk confirmed that he would be checking out on 9/5. I was at the hotel, in my room until approximately 2 p.m. on 9/4. When we returned from our work in the evening, the management had taken Mr. Freitas belongings from his room, put them in a plastic bag, and taken them to the lost and found. They did not check with ANYONE before doing so. They told him (and me) that they showed a booking for only 1 night.

People make errors. It happens. When I spoke with the front desk and the hotel manager on 9/5 as I was checking out, they would not consider that they had perhaps made an error, would not consider an apology for the inconvenience, and otherwise made me feel not only unwelcome, but also unimportant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank jlhead
MCOFM, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.
As I Explained to you personally the reservation was for one night as your travel coordinator confirmed that for your friend Jeff Freitas, and we do have an Express check as the room was empty except for a pair of socks and one shirt which was assumed left behind by the guest that’s why it was in the lost and found. As your coworker Jeff confirmed everything was fine and he was extended for another night with no problems.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that will see you again in the Future.