“all good but the room cleaners” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall
Ranked #171 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
miami, fl.
“all good but the room cleaners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed one in June 2012. Chose the property because it`s close to my son`s dorm, and the price was very reasonable. The place was clean, safe and quiet. The complimentary breakfast was very good. The only thing that kept this from being an excellent stay was the room cleaners. Twice, they knocked on my door telling me i had to leave! Now, i know checkout is 11am. But at 11:15, they knock on my door. I tell them, we are getting ready to leave. Again, at 11:30, they knock. This time i tell them, Look, please don`t knock again. We are leaving in 5 minutes. We did. EVERY hotel i`ve ever stayed in, will give you a few minutes after checkout to get ready and go. Don`t keep knocking on my door telling me i have to leave!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
BETHESDA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I and 4 colleagues stayed at the Hampton Inn, Florida Mall on 9/3 and 9/4. The rooms were booked as a block. I was at the front desk when my colleague (Jeff Freitas) checked in. The disk clerk confirmed that he would be checking out on 9/5. I was at the hotel, in my room until approximately 2 p.m. on 9/4. When we returned from our work in the evening, the management had taken Mr. Freitas belongings from his room, put them in a plastic bag, and taken them to the lost and found. They did not check with ANYONE before doing so. They told him (and me) that they showed a booking for only 1 night.

People make errors. It happens. When I spoke with the front desk and the hotel manager on 9/5 as I was checking out, they would not consider that they had perhaps made an error, would not consider an apology for the inconvenience, and otherwise made me feel not only unwelcome, but also unimportant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jlhead
MCOFM, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.
As I Explained to you personally the reservation was for one night as your travel coordinator confirmed that for your friend Jeff Freitas, and we do have an Express check as the room was empty except for a pair of socks and one shirt which was assumed left behind by the guest that’s why it was in the lost and found. As your coworker Jeff confirmed everything was fine and he was extended for another night with no problems.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that will see you again in the Future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Had a two night stay here before touring Florida. The hotel was clean and the staff where very nice and polite. The room was perfectly adequate for a short stay and the hotel is conveniently situated for shops and restaurants. The breakfast was very good too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AngB9
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton during a business trip to Orlando on 7/4/2012. The hotel is very clean, nice and quiet. I did not use the pool, but the pool is very nice and also very clean. The work out room is new looking and the equipment is very nice. The best part is the Hampton breakfast. Breakfast was quite good. They will be upgrading to the new breakfast bar soon. I'm sure it will only get better. The price is a great value. I paid $79 a night. I would of paid $ 129 a night for the same room with out thinking about it, the rooms are that nice. I would and will stay here again.
David- R

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here recently and the property is located on a busy road near restaurants and the Florida Mall, which has a lot of shopping, and dining. The lobby and hallways are in a purple scheme, which I thought was different for a Hampton Brand Hotel. The grout in the guest room had to be the cleanest I've seen in years. The overall room, and bathroom was very clean. Staff was helpful, and plenty of seating for the breakfast.

Great place for the price

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nathan K
St. Louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

The hotel had a peculiar odor, smelled somewhat like mildew. It was not near as nice as other Hampton Inns that we have visited. The breakfast was good, and the lobby was nice. The pool was very dirty and the chairs are worn out. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vballer7
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

My family came to Orlando to visit Disney. We had a great time, the staff at the hotel was wonderdul. They were curtius and respectful, the room was clean, and a erasure for my entire family, when we return to Orlando , I know we will return to this same hotel, thank you for everything.

• Stayed August 2011