“Fantastic!”

Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall
Ranked #179 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We were visiting Disney which is roughly 20 minute drive from this place.
Hampton Inn was perfect for us. We booked 2 rooms for a cheap price, it came to $60 roughly with tax for a night and 6 of us were staying. It
was cheaper than what you would usually pay for Hampton Inn. It was still on par with other Hampton Inns. The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Since we had 2 rooms, they gave us rooms adjacent to each other which had a common door. Overall the stay was comfortable and the morning breakfast was superb. They served sausage and gravy (not a fan when it is mixed but that was fine:), fruits,waffles, scrambled eggs and the usual cereal,juice. This is definitely a place I am coming back to when we visit Orlando next time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank topcatin
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall

Reviewed December 19, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights for a bit of Christmas Shopping in Orlando during a 7-night winter sun trip to Florida. The hotel was a typical Hampton Inn and met expectations. It was located on the edge of town but within easy driving distance of all the sights and within walking distance of some fast food joints and shops. The hotel was clean and the rooms of a decent standard.at a good price. I would recommend this hotel if you are happy enough to stay a few miles from the theme parks. It is very convenient to the Florida Mall.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank travelpassion
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was a little concerned about traffic noise because the hotel is kind of at the apex between two major roads. When I checked in they asked me what floor I would prefer and I told them it didn't matter as long as it was quiet. They put me on the 1st floor poolside and it was very quiet ... too cool for swimming. From what I could tell noise was not a problem anywhere in the hotel. This was a Thanksgiving weekend so I'd think the noise would be evident if it was a problem. Another thing that concerned me a little is that I called before I made my reservations and asked when they were last remodeled and they told me 8 (6?) years ago. This was not a problem. Rooms were quite nice. The breakfast had a good variety of options. One of the things my companion and I joked about on their website was the lack of a single picture of the exercise room ... assuming it was pretty poor. It turned out to be pretty decent for a hotel and even had a good set of dumbbells ... which is very unusual. The hotel was convenient to pretty much anything in Orlando.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Larry3028
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We would definitely stay here again. The customer service was excellent. Several times we had to call the front desk for extra things (blankets, towels, etc) and had them within 15 minutes. What I really liked about this hotel is how it was connected to the Florida mall. Plus, it was close to everything. Great, great choice!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank YaYa_NoVA
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Clean, cosy hotel that comes with breakfast parking and wifi.
Very good location near to eateries and Florida Mall. Short drive to the local attractions too!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank ongys80
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Other reviews were mixed, especially about location, so I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The hotel itself and my room were very clean. The location is on a fairly commercial strip, but I would not characterize it as a dicey neighborhood, as some other reviewers did. My room was located facing the courtyard and the pool, but even the other rooms appear to face other properties and not the road itself. Right next door are two fast-food places, within walking distance if you want something to eat quick and cheap. I found it very quiet, especially because the air conditioner blocked out noise. It was very convenient for my business travel and there were plenty of restaurants and shopping opportunities nearby. The price was very good. Plenty of families were there when I stayed there. The front desk staff were professional and helpful. If you want to print out your boarding pass for your flight, they can assist.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Marylandlocal
Reviewed October 18, 2011

What a wonderful experience we had at this Hampton Inn near Florida Mall!

I went down to FL for a family wedding and picked this hotel, mainly because it was near the mall, free breakfast and reasonably priced. It superceded my expectations. We arrived around midnight, due to airline delays, and at first they had us placed in a king sized room for 3 ppl, but was able to change is back to a 2 beds non smoking room. The room was very clean, sheets were changed, flat screen tv, microwave and fridge and ample room.

The breakfast wasn't bad at all. You received fresh hot breakfast (i.e. western omelet and home fries, first morning there), cereal bar, fresh fruit, yogurt and coffee service, which stayed open all day. They also had apples and bananas and condiments and plates left out for guests to help themselves, which became handy during dinner when we settled to have Popeye's chicken back at the hotel.

Guest services was wonderful and housekeeping was very nice, and kept the property looking beatiful.

I recommend this place to all....couples, family or a nice getaway.

I plan on making this my permamnent stop whenever I come back to Orlando for my short visits.

Room Tip: there are connecting rooms for group visits
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family