“An amazing experiance. Great for something differant from the theme parkd”

Oak Ridge Gun Range
Ranked #30 of 234 Fun & Games in Orlando
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We first tried this last year. Totally awesome! We spent approx 6 hours here. Staff are amazing, very friendly and helpful, showing us how to use the differant guns. We didn't have a clue what we were doing and I was quite nervous to start with but the staff made us feel very relaxed. We went again this year and was just as happy. Will be going again on next visit to Florida

There are newer reviews for Oak Ridge Gun Range

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

For $195 my two sons (19 & 16) had the best 2hours we've had so far in the USA. Everything I'd read was absolutely true, excellent staff and an amazing time in those 2hrs we had 7 different guns and rifles, could've easy spent more cash and time in there. If you're in Orlando don't think about whether its for you....just go.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Lots on offer and to choose from if you are experienced. My experience was not as good as expected, I signed a piece of paper then had less then a 30 second talk about how to use the gun then choose a target. No safety talk, bear in mind I have not used a gun before and I made them fully aware of this fact. I was told to go on the range, I had no idea on how to use the range and for that matter any safety aspects, range etiquette or how to correctly use the gun. From the gun ranges perspective, it would be better for them to teach people how to use them and then they have the opportunity to up sell as well. I spent $64 for 50 rounds of .22 ammo, very over priced.

7  Thank Pokey404
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Me and my wife were visiting Orlando for our honeymoon and decided to visit Oak Ridge Gun Range to try something a bit different. Being from the UK, we were both unfamiliar with guns. We explained this when we arrived and the staff were really helpful, taking plenty of time to make sure we were comfortable and make sure we knew how to load/fire the guns. At the same time, they weren't overly restrictive and once we were happy they just let us get on with it. Gun and range rental is very cheap, so you are only really paying for the ammunition you fire. We spent around 150 dollars and were there around 2 hours.
We ended up visiting twice and firing various revolvers including the iconic 44 magnum, semi automatic pistols including the USP, a 45 cal rifle and a maverick 88 shotgun. The staff made sure to let us know how to handle each gun.
The whole thing was very fun, very safe and pretty cheap for the experience.
Would definitely reccommend this as an addition to a holiday in Orlando, especially for somebody from somewhere where guns are restricted.
My only regret is that the wife was a better shot than me!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We visited Oak Ridge on the basis of TA reviews and as usual they didn't let us down. Three of us (hubby, 14 year old daughter and I) visited on a Friday which is Ladies Day where we girls get to shoot for a discounted rate. Being new to the use of firearms we asked for and received friendly and professional advice every step of the way and were given a revolver, targets and ammunition. We didn't wait too long for our turn and one of the staff showed us how to load and fire the gun and made sure we all felt comfortable with it. We went through two boxes of ammunition and three targets in an hour and spent $100. We will certainly make this a stop on our next trip to Orlando.

1  Thank Bigoldbird