“Asian Buffet - Better than the reviews”
Review of Asian Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Asian Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
Louisville, Kentucky
“Asian Buffet - Better than the reviews”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I purchased a $9 Groupon for 2 buffet lunches with drinks. Even at nine bucks i was a bit leery of eating there from the Trip Advisor Reviews. The building was a bit tired and was an old Pizza Hut. The inside was bright enough with clean booths and tables.

The staff was friendly when seated and quickly brought us our drinks. The buffet had for long stations with hot food and salad items. There was also a long sushi bar with at least 10 types of Sushi.

I have to say that the food was decent quality and tasted good overall. There were some items that were sitting too long in steamers like dumplings and rice but the majority of the food was fresh looking, full and the buffet was clean.

There was a person moving about cleaning the counters and refilling the food for the entire hour we were there. There was an entire row of desserts, a salad bar and 2 rows of Chinese and American foods.

Was this place a dump? By no means. It was a typical Chinese Buffet, nothing worse. The food to me was varied and fresh and pretty well flavored. The price was right.

I’d give it a shot, especially with a Groupon. We got 2 fortune cookies and no bill for the $9 meal. Left $2 for a tip and for $11 we were happily full.

If you’ve done regular Chinese buffets throughout Orlando, this one won’t disappoint you.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank TheNotarangelos

Camiguin, Philippines
“Where Was That Picture Taken?”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

First, the picture her is not of the actual restaurant...the place is actually old and dirty.

As for the food, hot foods were cold and cold foods were at room temperature. I was scared to eat any seafood or any milk-based (creamy) items at the salad bar. The sodas were flat and the sushi was dried up. In fact, we were the only paying customers in the restaurant for the 45 minutes or so we were there.

Also, the bathrooms are filthy!!!

While there is a Groupon offered at $14 for two dinners, I'd be careful...I'll never chance it again.

Visited April 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Review by Buffet Boy of Orlando”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

There are 5 Chinese buffets in the Florida Mall area assuming they are all still in business. I have eaten at all of them and would rate Asian Buffet as #2 very close to C & D Oriental Buffet which is my favorite in this area. The other 3 I don't eat at due to bad selection or food quality I would like to see Asian Buffet improve the cleanliness of their restrooms as C & D has done by doing a complete remodel on their restrooms. Many customers judge the cleanliness of the kitchen based on the cleanliness of the restroom.
I don't expect the staff to speak good English just as some of their many Hispanic customers don't speak good English. I can't complain about service because it is a buffet not a full service restaurant. They take your plates away and refill your drink. Mission accomplished.
The food is good and on par with C & D Buffet. It is a matter of preference which of the 2 buffets you choose because there is some difference in the variety.
I eat lunch because I think it is a better value and I don't think the additional dinner items make much difference.
The Asian Buffet building was a Pizza Hut long ago. They did a good job of converting it into a Chinese experience. I don't think there is any evidence that it was formerly a Pizza Hut.
I don't recall what the lunch price is at Asian Buffet but C&D is $6.29. I consider that to be a good value compared to "fast food" restaurants where you may pay the same or more for a greaseburger and fries. Both C&D Oriental Buffet and Asian Buffet are located close to each other and are a good place to get lunch. You drop in and eat your lunch and then you can get back to work. Yes! Better food and get it faster than a "fast food joint" .

The Picture above is not the Asian Buffet on 7403 S Orange Blossom Trl, Orlando, FL 32809-5709

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Jimmy J
Orlando, Florida
“The worst chinese buffet I have ever been to.”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I bought a groupon and went here. We will never go back again. The food was old and tough and when we asked for things to be new they didn't even want to do it. The food was extremely hard like it had been out for days and they just kept flipping it around in the containers. I was apauled that they would actually do that. I would not refer this place to anyone at all. I am sure their quality rating is probably 35% and thats being gracious.

• Visited March 2013
Orlando
“Will return”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Not a fancy place, good variety of food on the buffet, reasonably priced. Good food and good service.

• Visited February 2013