“Gross!! Mcdonald's of Japan.. Eww!!”
Review of Bento Cafe

Bento Cafe
Ranked #1,121 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Cocoa, Fl
“Gross!! Mcdonald's of Japan.. Eww!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I can't overstate how gross this food was! I ordered the Beef bento box, my son ordered all you can eat Sushi ( on special). It was his B- day so I did not want to complain, but I should of..
I had the bento box, inc. Ginger beef, greens, salad, noodles, & rice.. noodles were cold & tasted like they were from 2 weeks ago, Rice was hard, salad was grossly over-seasoned dressing, nothing was good.. beef was very poor quality.. My son said his sushi was " OK".. I left & ended up spending alot of time in the restroom to put it bluntly.. I love Asian food.. but this is just like this headline says, crappy Japanese Fast food.. eeeeewwww!!!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Dreamsofriveriamaya

“Not too shabby”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Its an ok value for what you get and there is definitely better sushi around but if you are looking for good convenient food and fun service this is a nice spot

Fort Myers, Florida
“Try the Bento Box”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Consistently good and always packed for lunch and dinner. For lunch they do counter service which I think is a great way to speed things up so that once you're done eating you can head back to work instead of waiting around for a check. For dinner it's more traditional as you wait to be seated and then have a waiter/waitress. They also do take out but I have never used that service here.

The menu concept can seem overwhelming at first but it's easy to understand once you see it. There are two menus: sushi and hot Asian style food. I say Asian because it's a mix of many different Asian cuisines including Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese.

For sushi you can order by the roll or traditional sushi. You can also order a Bento box which includes 3 half rolls and a few small sides like seaweed salad and a cucumber salad. For the hot food you can order a noodle bowl, a rice bowl, or a Bento box with any of the meat entrees. Prices vary based on the type of bowl or box you order and what kind of meat you order (chicken and tofu are cheapest while steak is the most expensive.) The meat ordered in a bowl is served over noodles or rice. The meat ordered in a Bento box is served with sides including rice, salad, noodles, and sometimes a slice of cake. The kitchen can be a bit slow but it seems like they are actually making things fresh so we tend to order an appetizer to share while we wait.

The boxes are the best deal and you will see many on the tables nearby. No, really, because the tables are packed in a bit tight for my liking but I understand since usually every seat is filled when we go. That is the only reason they lost out on a 5 rating.

I cannot say much of the food is authentic other than the raw sushi but I have yet to have a bad meal here and I have had dinner and lunch. You can usually find a seat at the sushi bar especially if you are alone. They also accommodate large parties (I have gone with groups of 8 or more at least twice) but make sure to call ahead and make reservations if you're going with that many people.

• Visited October 2012
Ocoee, Florida
“Very Nice”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I went with a friend during the lunch rush mid-week. Service & atmosphere were really nice and fast getting us freshly made sushi.

Orlando, Florida
“Best Chinese Downtown”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Although Bentos is a pretty small chain growing here in Orlando, I highly recommend this branch. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Everything is always very clean, and the food is outstanding! You never have to wait very long for it, and if there is any issue with the way you wanted it prepared, no worries, they will fix it in a second! A decently priced establishment for really delicious filling chinese food.

Visited May 2012