“Great Stay-Lousy Reservation”

Ranked #75 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“Great Stay-Lousy Reservation”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our room was very comfortable and well designed. Beautiful setting on the lake with a paved walking path around it. Overall a well designed and appointed location. Now the reservation process was HORRIBLE. We were going to a three day traditional Indian wedding set at the hotel. If it wasn't for that we would have given up and stayed somewhere-anywhere else. On at least 6 different attempts we asked/begged for an email confirmation of the reservation to make sure we were booked in for this special family event. We were transferred to off-shore reservation agents, we spoke to the corporate reservations office, we spoke to the onsite hotel reservation agent...and never got the repeatedly requested confirmation. A LOUSY PAIN IN THE NECK FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE. As I said, if it wasn't for a family event, we'd have given up.

Room Tip: If you get there, you'll enjoy it, just good luck on the reservation.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Michael,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am terribly sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during the reservation process. I will be discussing your comments with our Hotel Manager.

We greatly appreciate the time you took to share the details of your visit.

Robyn Jacobs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
Michigan
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our second year we stayed at this Hotel. The Lobby and Grounds appear the same, maybe even cleaner and better upkeep. I wish I could say the same for the rooms. Rug was not vacuum, dust on everything that could collect it, hair and dust around sink and toilet. Dirty finger prints on light switches. Walls nicked up and marks on them. We dusted the room ourselves, as it was late. The next day I complained about the room, they then did make a somewhat better effort to clean the room. On a couple days though house keeping forgot to give us towels and toilet paper . Other items like shampoo , soap or coffee, ect. were not replaced daily unless we asked for them. Front desk employees were nicer this year. We ate a couple times at the pool bar and the Tesoro Cove. The service and food were good. Cost is pricey, but about the same as anywhere inside the Disney area. You can use any of the resort pools, though on nice days they were all packed and it is hard to find a place to sit. It is a shame because the resort is really nice, but actually too small of a area for all the people that are there. As of now the resort fee and parking together with taxes will cost you another 33.98 a night. Parking went up from $12.00 to $15.00 since we booked our room, so that was a little surprise. I can see charging for parking, if you don't have a car you save on that, but the resort fee is a joke, it should be in the room rate. Hotels all around Orlando are doing this now. It makes their room rates look lower than Hotels that do not charge extra fees. Who do they think they are fooling? People who do not read they small print, well they just get upset. Also it leaves you with out really knowing what a night really is going to cost with and added taxes to each fee. The bus to the Disney parks has limited hours . You will not be able to get to any of the Parks before they open . And if you like to stay for the fireworks you need to run (fast) to catch the bus or wait another hour or so after. Though the Hotel has some short comings, compare to the price Disney charges for their resorts during spring break or other peak weeks it is well worth looking into for a stay if you want to be inside Disney.

Room Tip: Noise and music from the pool area can be heard easily in rooms facing that area. After 11:00 it qui...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I apologize for your experience with our housekeeping service and assure you I will be discussing your concerns with our Executive Housekeeper and Hotel Manager.

We appreciate your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to earn back your business.

Michigan
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Thankfully, I had read up on this resort prior to my trip. I bought an amazingly low five night stay from Orbitz. BUT- With the parking fee AND the resort fee...EXPENSIVE! Plus- It simply is NOT Disney!

Parking- Daily- NOT added to your bill in a timely fashion. $15 Self park, $20 Valet(and they ALWAYS expect a tip!)
Resort Fee- Daily- $16.

Then add up about another $2.50 a day of taxes for those two "services"!

Five Nights= $165

The building and grounds are lovely.
Some of the front desk people are helpful, many are not helpful or customer service minded.

We were placed in a parking lot view King. Elizabeth thought she was doing us a favor by moving us up one floor to the sixth WITH A BALCONY!(Upgrade) Who wants to sit on a balcony that is eye level with the parking garage and overlooks the noisy airconditioners???

We requested to move, and luckily, were able to do so the next morning.

We overlooked the beautiful pool and the lake, however, no balcony.

The room was lovely. The bathroom incredible. The bed very comfortable. We could even see Illuminations from our room... but would I stay again??

No! I would not stay again.
Too expensive for what amenities I did use.
Close enough to the parks, but not enough bus transportation. The times were much too limited.

Just average.

Room Tip: MAKE SURE you get a lake view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Our resort and parking fees are included in the confirmation sent at the time of booking. If we failed to communicate these charges to you, I sincerely apologize.

These fees provide a number of benefits to our guests including a secure, well-lit and covered parking garage, internet access, a state-of-the-art fitness center, pool and jacuzzi use, shuttle service to the Disney areas, local and 1-800 dialing in guestrooms, business center use, and an array of other amenities and activities throughout the Wyndham Bonnet Creek area.

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us!

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I should preface any comments by first stating that we stayed the week after Easter Sunday and the area as well as the resort were very congested. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the resort again in the future. While the resort is on the Disney property it provided a nice break from the craziness of Walt Disney World. The resort is brand new and definitely offers amenities ranging between a 4-5 star hotel. The price couldn't be beat for the quality and was dramatically less than comparable Disney resorts (probably 1/3 to 1/2 less). The staff was very accomodating and friendly. They have a high-end restaurant on property (Deep Blu) that serves seafood, fish, steak, etc., and I must say it might have have served the best Chilean Sea Bass I have ever tasted. The rooms were very nicely appointed and provided sufficient space for three adults and two children (an Executive King w/ bunk beds). It was also nice to be able to see the fireworks from Epcot every evening from the room, resort pool, or pool bar. The drinks were a bit pricey at $9-10 dollars for mixed drinks; however, they were much cheaper than other resorts I have visited in Florida under the Waldorf Astoria branding. There also was a resort fee of $16 a day, but again, it is not uncommon to pay $22-25 per day at other resorts. All in all, I thought the hotel provided excellent value. One thing that we really liked was that the resort offered many activities for the children throughout the day and they actually stuck to the schedule on-time. Another bonus was that they provided you with a refrigerator in the room that helped keep the food expense down since you could store drinks, alcohol, lunch supplies for the kids, etc.
My only issues with the resort were little ones and it may be because I am borderline OCD. The hallways to the rooms were beautiful except for the fact that trays, glassware, etc. remained for an inordinate amount of time on the floor. The maids would be working in the hallway and leave the stuff laying there for no particular reason. It seems like it would be easy enough to just pick up the stuff and dispose of it so that it didn't make the hallway seem dirty. Also, it was difficult to get more than one roll of toilet paper on any given day, which at times was an issue with five people staying in the room. I guess I'm used to always having a back-up roll. One day at the pool there was a shortage of towels, which seems odd for a hotel of this magnitude. Again, it could be that they were very busy and supplies started to run short. Would it prevent me from staying again in the future? Not a chance. I will definitely return. Still, I think those little things are the difference between a 4 and 5 star hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience at our resort. We appreciate the invaluable constructive feedback. I will pass on your comments to our Hotel Manager and management team.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again! Please reach out to me the next time you're making your reservations to return to Orlando.

rjacobs@wyndham.com
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This probably would be a 4 star review if it wasn't such a direct comparison with the Disney resorts in such close proximity of the hotel. We arrived at 2:30 knowing the check-in wasn't until 4, but hoping our room would be ready. When we were told our room wasn't ready, it was no big deal. We checked our bags with the bell hop and explored the pools and had a late lunch at one of the pool-side grills. But at 4pm when our room still wasn't ready, we began to get annoyed. Finally at 5pm, we received the keys to our room with no apologies or comps for our extra wait. To add insult to injury, when we went to the bell hop desk to have our bags brought to our room, the bell hop took our ticket and proceeded to dump all of our bags in the lobby with no cart. They were gone before we even had a chance to ask for help. That was not the first impression I was hoping for.

Coincidently, my brother and sister-in-law happened to be staying at a Disney resort the same time we were here. Their check in experience? When they arrived at Port Orleans Resort and their room wasn't ready, they were upgraded to a Savannah Room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Now, THAT'S how you handle waiting customers.

The upside to the hotel was that the kids loved the pool and the room layout was perfect for a family with 3 children, two queens and a set of bunk beds. When we were planning this trip, we ultimately selected this hotel because of the room layout. It was one of the few hotels that allowed us to comfortably sleep a family of 5 in a single room. Also, the room was the quietest room I have ever slept in. We heard absolutely no noise from neighbors and very little hallway noise.

My husband and I did go to the bar one night, and wasn't impressed. The bartenders were snobby and not interested in talking with patrons. When asking what type of drink they'd suggest, they didn't really have anything to say.

1 Thank Angela C
Angela,

We strive to provide our guests with the highest level of customer service and satisfaction and I apologize for failing to meet your expectations.

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us and I will address your comments with our management team.