“Great Stay - Will be back”

Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Ranked #76 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am reading through some of these reviews, and I must have stayed in a different hotel: My family and I just returned from our trip to Orlando, where we enjoyed 5 days at the Wyndham Grand Resort – Bonnet Creek. I rarely, if ever, write a review but wanted to give a special thank you to Amanda for making the stay extra special for my childrens birthday's. The resort met all of our expectations, and the view of the fireworks was a special added touch. The rooms were bigger than a typical hotel room, the beds -really comfy, everything just felt ‘clean’. I LOVED the Mediterranean style décor in the entire hotel, the pool restaurant and bar was a great touch, along with the other options for dining. My kids loved the pools, including the pirate ship slide. The staff was excellent! We arrived early, prior to lunch, but were able to store our bags with the bell service, swim and utilize the facilities, and the front desk called us when the room was ready (EARLY – I may add). The front desk, housekeeping, concierge, valet, just everyone was helpful with all of our questions and needs. Prior to booking my trip, I read some complaints about the shuttles etc., granted they don’t come every 20 minutes, however, I found the service very accommodating for our needs. A couple ‘surprises’ that we were not aware of was the resort fee at the end of our stay, but after staying at the property I cannot complain too much about that just be aware that there is one when you book at this resort. Also be aware that if you rent a car, parking at the hotel is a ‘ding’. We had a car for a day, but, for a week that will add up. Agreed with some on here about the microwave, the room should have one. Lastly, when doing Disney and other parks, as most know, you don’t get to spend a lot of time at the resort, my suggestion would be to add a day or two to take advantage of the resort. My next trip to Wyndham Grand will include added days to just enjoy the overall experience at the Wyndham and all that it has to offer. Thanks again Amanda and staff - see you next year!

2  Thank Kelli D
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Kelli,

Thank you so much for your positive comments about our resort! We are so happy you enjoyed your vacation with us!

I will pass on your appreciation to Amanda and her manager; I know she will enjoy hearing that she helped to make your stay memorable.

I'm very sorry that our resort and parking fees came as a surprise to you. We include those charges in the confirmation letter as well as in the registration details at check-in. If they were were not communicated to you, I sincerely apologize.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

1  Thank Conrado S

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family stayed here during a 5 night Disney Vacation. Upon arrival, the valet staff was the friendliest always remembering my name and helpful with my young children. The check-in process was smooth and efficient with a warm greeting from the front desk agent.

With two young boys (4 and 2), we chose the King Bunk Bed Suite. Great concept for travelling families where the kids get a bunk bed and their own TV in an alcove of the room. This allows the parents for a little break from the kids to watch some normal programming as you unwind from a busy day at Disney.

The only slight issue we experienced during our stay was the preparation of our room. Housekeeping should pay closer attention to the details. There were a few things that slipped through the cracks like no shower curtain or liner in the bathroom and trash left in the receptacle. Otherwise, the room was beautifully appointed and well maintained.

The amenities at the property were great from several swimming pools and water features like a lazy river and nice restaurants.

The restaurant staff was tremendous always accommodating of our young children and expectant mother.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the water, as you will get a glimpse of the Epcot fireworks in you are on a hi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I will pass on your experience to our Director of Resort Operations and Executive Housekeeper.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 4 days. Wonderful staff, service was impeccable. You will pay for it though parking is 15dollars per day and the resort fees are higher here, but if this isn't a concern and you can splurge, go for it you won't, regret it. Our only problem was the uncooperative weather, cold! We could use their gorgeous pool.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you so much for your positive comments about our resort. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Reviewed February 16, 2013