“disney world trip”

Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Ranked #72 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very nice hotel! Staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay great! From the valet, even though we didn't pay for their service they unloaded and loaded luggage to vehicle and assisted us to bellman for our luggage to room. Everyone was very friendly and the service was great! Would definitely stay there again! Can't wait to come back to Florida!!!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Karen,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Robyn Jacobs

Write a ReviewReviews (5,402)

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The hotel is new so it looks clean and well maintained but thats as far as is goes ,we stayed in a room with double king size beds which would take 90% of the space ,no micro wave oven and when I called front desk to ask about it they said the whole hotel didnt have one available , when i asked for a rolling bed they said it was a fire hazard ,eventually I stopped asking about anything because i knew I would be turned down, the check in time is 11am at nine in the morning they knocked on my door asking if I was still there, the girl at the front desk asked me if I had a car making sign language,what was that??

1  Thank MARCELO C

Marcelo,

I apologize for any frustrations you experienced during your stay with us.

We do not have microwaves in our guestrooms. We have a small quantity that are available for guests with medical needs, but they are on a first come, first serve basis. Unfortunately, it sounds as though we did not have any available at the time you requested and I apologize we could not arrange that for you.

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us and I will address your comments with our Director of Resort Operations.

Thank you!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

very good great location for all disney parks and downtown disney they supply bus free of charge to all disney parks .But to eat in hotel very expensive breakfest for 2 adults and 2 kids 60 dollars .
even to buy 2 cans of cola 2.99 dollars.To park your car 13 dollars per day. overall a great hotel but to eat there a rip off

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony
1  Thank sean186338

Sean,

Thank you for your feedback! I will pass on your comments to our Director of Food and Beverage.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our two kids (2 1/2 and 7 months).

Check in was a breeze. We booked a deluxe room with bunk beds and upon arrival I requested a view of the lake so we could see the Epcot fireworks. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and kind (the entire stay) and they provided us a wonderful room on the 9th floor where we saw fireworks every night.
The hotel is beautiful and the grounds, common areas and room were very clean and tastefully decorated. I had read reviews complaining of no microwaves in the rooms, so once we were settled I called down to front desk and requested one to be sent up (to heat the baby food). We were given one with 15min. We also requested a pack and play and that was also delivered in under 15min. Only a sheet to cover the bottom was provided, however I had packed bedding so this wasn't an issue. The beds and pillows are very comfortable and it was one of the few times I was able to sleep well in a hotel.
Sidenote: on the first day we were at the cafe admiring the cupcakes. The head of HR for the hotel was in line behind us and purchased 2 cupcakes to give to us. Although a small gesture, it really spoke volumes about their customer service and attention to making the customer feel welcomed. Thanks!
We made use of the pools almost daily, however I personally found them a bit cold. So much so that on most occasions We did not put our 7 month old in. Our 2.5 year old didn't want to get out, but after 20-30min his teeth would be chattering. The grounds are exspansive, and we enjoyed walking around the lake before dinner.
We ate at Tesro Cove once for dinner. My husband had the brisket, it was amazing! I had the pizza which I shared with my son and it was also good. The kids menu at the hotel was overpriced in my opinion, but I found our meals were reasonable. We also at the pool bar/restaurant twice. The burgers are so good!!
We rented a vehicle for our stay. The location of the hotel is not in walking distance to anything really (unless you're prepared to walk 30-40min one way). In a car all the parks are minutes away. There is also a Walmart minutes away, which we took advantage of. With the microwave and the fridge we were able to stock up on breakfast foods, snacks and drinks.

My only issues were the following (and I'm being very picky because really I still give the hotel a 10).

1. On the first night at around 1230am someone was able to open our room door. It was latched so they couldn't enter. This really bothered me. The front desk handled it very well the following morning. They did an audit on our room and were able to tell it was the person across the hall. It turns out you can close and latch the door without it being completely shut. The front desk manager said because the hotel was new some extra force was required to close the doors. They offered to move us but we saw no point as this issue was every room door.

2. We never have our rooms cleaned when on vacation (I can make my own bed and use a towel more then once). However on the third day we decided to have our room cleaned and linens/towels changed... Kids can be messy! Old towels were taken, but not replaced. Dirty glasses (which I left by the sink) remained. Other than the bed being made, the room didn't look cleaned. I was pretty disappointed.

3. The service fees. I knew going in there was a $16 resort fee and a $13 parking fee. However I assumed that was inclusive, I was wrong. Add an additional $3/day for taxes etc. it's not a big deal, just annoying when you think you're prepared.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank TheNewlywedsOntario

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback of our resort! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I have made note of your comments and suggestions and will be discussing them with our Director of Resort Operations and Executive Housekeeper, as well as the rest of our management team.

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

1  Thank VICTORIA C