“Expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #79 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Roscommon, Ireland
“Expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

very good great location for all disney parks and downtown disney they supply bus free of charge to all disney parks .But to eat in hotel very expensive breakfest for 2 adults and 2 kids 60 dollars .
even to buy 2 cans of cola 2.99 dollars.To park your car 13 dollars per day. overall a great hotel but to eat there a rip off

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sean186338
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Sean,

Thank you for your feedback! I will pass on your comments to our Director of Food and Beverage.

We hope to see you again soon!

Robyn Jacobs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our two kids (2 1/2 and 7 months).

Check in was a breeze. We booked a deluxe room with bunk beds and upon arrival I requested a view of the lake so we could see the Epcot fireworks. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and kind (the entire stay) and they provided us a wonderful room on the 9th floor where we saw fireworks every night.
The hotel is beautiful and the grounds, common areas and room were very clean and tastefully decorated. I had read reviews complaining of no microwaves in the rooms, so once we were settled I called down to front desk and requested one to be sent up (to heat the baby food). We were given one with 15min. We also requested a pack and play and that was also delivered in under 15min. Only a sheet to cover the bottom was provided, however I had packed bedding so this wasn't an issue. The beds and pillows are very comfortable and it was one of the few times I was able to sleep well in a hotel.
Sidenote: on the first day we were at the cafe admiring the cupcakes. The head of HR for the hotel was in line behind us and purchased 2 cupcakes to give to us. Although a small gesture, it really spoke volumes about their customer service and attention to making the customer feel welcomed. Thanks!
We made use of the pools almost daily, however I personally found them a bit cold. So much so that on most occasions We did not put our 7 month old in. Our 2.5 year old didn't want to get out, but after 20-30min his teeth would be chattering. The grounds are exspansive, and we enjoyed walking around the lake before dinner.
We ate at Tesro Cove once for dinner. My husband had the brisket, it was amazing! I had the pizza which I shared with my son and it was also good. The kids menu at the hotel was overpriced in my opinion, but I found our meals were reasonable. We also at the pool bar/restaurant twice. The burgers are so good!!
We rented a vehicle for our stay. The location of the hotel is not in walking distance to anything really (unless you're prepared to walk 30-40min one way). In a car all the parks are minutes away. There is also a Walmart minutes away, which we took advantage of. With the microwave and the fridge we were able to stock up on breakfast foods, snacks and drinks.

My only issues were the following (and I'm being very picky because really I still give the hotel a 10).

1. On the first night at around 1230am someone was able to open our room door. It was latched so they couldn't enter. This really bothered me. The front desk handled it very well the following morning. They did an audit on our room and were able to tell it was the person across the hall. It turns out you can close and latch the door without it being completely shut. The front desk manager said because the hotel was new some extra force was required to close the doors. They offered to move us but we saw no point as this issue was every room door.

2. We never have our rooms cleaned when on vacation (I can make my own bed and use a towel more then once). However on the third day we decided to have our room cleaned and linens/towels changed... Kids can be messy! Old towels were taken, but not replaced. Dirty glasses (which I left by the sink) remained. Other than the bed being made, the room didn't look cleaned. I was pretty disappointed.

3. The service fees. I knew going in there was a $16 resort fee and a $13 parking fee. However I assumed that was inclusive, I was wrong. Add an additional $3/day for taxes etc. it's not a big deal, just annoying when you think you're prepared.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank TheNewlywedsOntario
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback of our resort! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I have made note of your comments and suggestions and will be discussing them with our Director of Resort Operations and Executive Housekeeper, as well as the rest of our management team.

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Okemos, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Spent 3 nights at thisw resort. Nice furnshings in room, but no clock and room was very small. The workspace for using laptop, etc. was small. The window was dirty and the flat ledge area outsidec window had paper and butts. Not the view you expect. The mandatory per fees tacked on per day (should be called extorsion fees) is just a chance to ripe you off. Parking fees at a resort (not in the middle of a city) another ripe off. Staff was friendly, but they milk you at every turn. I will not return to this facility.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
George,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I will discuss your comments with our Director of Resort Operations.

We appreciate the time you took to share the details of your stay and hope we are able to earn your back your business.

JACKSONVILLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

excellent room. Family stayed in room with 2 queens, and 2 bunk beds for kids. Plenty of room, though bathroom is smaller than expected for a 5 stars hotel.
HD TV with many inputs (HDMI, etc.), can be used with XBox 360, or PS3. Kids love it.
Free internet (fast). But did not have internet the first night.
Excercise room has many machines.
Pools are nice, clean.
We dined out to near by restaurants. Loved the Lobster buffet a few exits away on International Drive.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dat,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek for your vacation and we hope to see you again soon!