“Excellent Time”

Ranked #75 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
NEW YORK
“Excellent Time”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Most everything about this hotel was pretty much great. The look and feel of the hotel was great, the bed was very comfortable, we had a balcony which was nice. The climate control worked perfectly, we could set it to basically anything we wanted and it would work. Everyone was nice and friendly. The view from the back of the hotel overlooked a very large lake, so that was nice as well.

As a whole the hotel was great, but here are the negatives:
1. The food wasn't really that good. Especially if your a vegetarian, there just isn't very many options. We had room service pizza, but it didn't taste that great. Tesero cove was closed for dinner most of the nights we were there, so that could explain our bad experience. We never went to the nice restaurant at the hotel because it seemed to have mostly seafood/steak. We did however go to a nice Italian place across the street at the Hilton, which was excellent. The breakfast options were either 15 doller omelets or breakfast sandwiches from the coffee bar.
2. The pool was kind of small/shallow, but I imagine thats nice for kids.
3. WiFi internet option in the room worked well, but not good enough to stream video during peak times. Also the in-room video options were kind of pricey, mostly 15-20 dollars for a movie.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
E. WENATCHEE
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Upon arrival I was presented with 2 additional charges a $16.00 hotel service charge and a parking lot fee. I always thought that if you stayed at a hotel parking was part of it. I guess now you have to pay for the car hotel as well.
I was at here for 8 days only 2 of which were weekend days. Every weekday starting at 8 am a landscape worker would walk around with gas powered tools doing a lot of nothing but waking up guest. Remember this is a vacation I am on. I not one time got to sleep past 8. Thank you by the way.
Now that I am up I get the task of making coffee for a family of four with a cup and a half coffee pot. Now that was a fun time consuming task, NOT. Since when do resorts not have a actual coffee maker in the room. Not to mention NO microwave. I would have gotten dressed and went to the lobby for coffee oh but this hotel does not have any coffee in the lobby. Just a big see through thing of water with a few lemon slices in it. I guess it’s an expensive look thing.
My room was not vacuumed one time while we were staying in it. I left the chip in the middle of the floor the whole time to see. I had to call 2 times for new toilet paper since the maid service seems to not notice the holder was empty. The hotel must have been pretty new since there were still pencil marks on all the tiles in the shower showing alignment and position. Upon entering the room my 15 year old daughter pointed out a liquid substance on the back of the restroom door and on the walls beside the toilet. I had to call to get this fixed right away.
While there over the weekend the hotel was booked with an Indian wedding. Very nice for them but rather a pain for other customers. I had to drive way out of my way to take kids to Disney since they had their elephant parade in the main entrance on the busiest day there. It was very nice of the hotel to cater to one party and detour all the other guest. Back to the vacuum issue, once they left there was glitter all up and down the hallway that remained there I’m sure well beyond my departure.
The maid service in the morning would start their rounds and once they unlock the door would flip the metal door lock thing so the door does not close all the way. And all morning all you hear is the doors banging up against that in and out in and out in and out. Get my point. That just added salt to the wound from the gardener.
Lastly, the internet was very slow, my restroom door was not installed right and was extremely hard to open and close and the TV was very slow and had to search for a signal almost every day. Oh the pool was nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank JOHN C
LAS VEGAS
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have stayed here both on business and vacation trips. The hotel is perfect for both. The banquet food is high quality more like upscale restaurant food than typical bland banquet food. If you are lucky enough to get a balcony room you will have a lovely of fireworks every night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

ETOBICOKE
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We loved our stay at the Wyndham and will be back in the new year. One of the nicest hotels we have stayed at in Florida. A quiet elegance...and we now realize they allow dogs so we will be sure to return!! Very clean and staff helpful.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at the hotel 9/15-18, 2 adults, 13 & 1 1/2 yr old. It is very easy to access all Disney theme parks and hotels. Hotel is upscale and beautiful. We had a view of the pool and also walked to the next buildings which are timeshare buildings and the pools are beautiful.

Down side for my family was having very limited dining options onsite. The only option for breakfast was Starbucks (pricey). We had lunch at the pool bar and it was a waste of money. Limited options and my kids chicken nuggets for $10 sans drink were very hard, difficult to chew. My recommendation, drive up a few minutes to Downtown Disney if you have a car otherwise, you have slim pickings.

We also left behind an item and notified the staff the same day. We stayed at a Disney hotel for the next week after and the staff at Wyndham worked on finding our item however, it never showed up. Very disheartening to a 13 year old who left it in the room and the item had sentimental value but somehow went missing.

Last note, do not do the timeshare presentation. They used up an entire day of our vacation. Wasted time and very pushy.

In conclusion, we will not stay at this hotel. Not suitable for my growing family and the "lost item" left me with a bad taste.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Misliny
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you very much for posting your experience at our property. We greatly appreciate the feedback!

Please reach out to me directly regarding your missing item and I will investigate the issue personally.

Kind regards,

Robyn Jacobs
SAINT AUGUSTINE
Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you want a great location to stay close to Disney, this is it. Room and Hotel staff were the best. The ONLY downside was paying for parking. Shuttles running to Disney locations is a big draw.

AMELIA
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Hotel was beautiful. Very elegant and I loved it. I did not realize it was on Disney property and the was a great suprise. Very close to the all of the parks. Although we were only there for 2 days, it was a great trip. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank BELINDA C
Thank you, Belinda! We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

Kind regards,