“Disney Honeymoon”

Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Ranked #75 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 23, 2012

GREAT HOTEL, I am glad disney hotel messed up our reservation, because this hotel took excellent care of us on our honeymoon, and i only mentioned it to the front desk clerk very briefly, and when we got to our room in the evening there was champange and a cheese tray, this place knows how to treat its guests, we will return!!!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

We're so pleased you chose to stay with us and had a wonderful honeymoon! Congratulations on your marriage!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

A TripAdvisor Member
FREDERICKSBURG
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Can't wait to return! Always sad when it's checkout time. From the time I check in until the time I checked out the experience was great! My family refuse to stay anywhere else due to the staff going the extra mile to truly make the guest feel extra special!

A TripAdvisor Member
CLERMONT
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The stay was very nice and a great Balcony view. The room was decorated very nice and it was very clean. Food was excellent. I didn't see much staff during my stay. Overall excellent.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Loved the clean, modern and classy look of the hotel and the rooms. We especially loved the Blue Seafood restaurant..Food was absolutely 5 star !!!!!! The Blue Harmony Spa offered the very best couples experience, massage and acqua therapy with champagne and strawberries...oooh la la! Great therapist and the room had wonderful ambience. All staff throughout hotel were courteous, polite and helpful.

The only negative was the poor quality of food served at the pool side bar. The menu we received was sticky with food and so was the bar. This should definitely be upgraded as it
just didn't fit in with the standards of the rest of the hotel.

1  Thank DIANE A

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I have informed our Director of Outlets of your experience in Back Bay Pool Bar and Grill. Thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel, room and amenities were excellent; service was overall very good. The only thing that was a hitch was that at the time of our arrival, there must be a shortage of personel somehow: we were told that our luggages will be brough up to our room; we went up and wait for quite awhile; finally called down and found out that there is only one person doing it, and had to come down and bring our own luggages; the concierge had left for lunch and the valet person does not know what luggage we had and we had to go in the storage room to show him. I wonder if it was a much busier day, what would have been.
Besides that, our stay was great and the people at the hotel are very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We took a last minuted vacation to this resort. I do not usually write reviews, this is an exception. We spent mst days at the hotel, using three of the other pool areas. Food was excellent as was the service. Staff and management were friendly and professional.

Will book the hotel for a visit next year and I will recommend this to all.

Free wifi!!!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Let me say first that I have nothing but praise for the housekeeping, bell and valet staff. Omar (bell) in particular was a very helpful, welcoming and personable gentleman. The staff at the front desk was efficient and all smiles. My disappointment lies in the sheer CRAZINESS I had to deal with during my one-night, birthday getaway with my wife and 6 MONTH OLD baby.

After arriving to the hotel around 4:30PM, we left for dinner. During our meal, I received a call to my cell from an unknown number (later to find out it was the hotel) which I ignored. When arriving back to the room after 9pm, I was greeted by a voicemail from the gift shop asking about a purchase that had been charged to the room that MORNING. Had she actually investigated, she would have discovered that we weren't even in the room nor had been assigned a room number until later that afternoon. About 9:45pm we received a phone call to the room from the night manager of the gift shop asking us about the purchase. I explained that we weren't even in the hotel at 11am and that there is no way we could have made a purchase and charged it to our room. She said she would investigate and take care of it. AT 10:30PM (did I mention our 6MONTH old child?) I received another phone call from this person saying that it was all taken care of and that we wouldn't be charged for the item.

The next morning, I received the receipt under my door and the $21.29 charge was on my bill. I immediately checked the transaction with my bank and we had definitely been charged for the item. I called the front desk and was connected with Allison in accounting who proceeded to argue with me about the charge stating that it had been applied at 11PM the night before. Not until I explained, yet again, that there was no way we could have made the purchase did she finally say, rather rudely, that she was taking the charge off of our bill. Before leaving the premises I went to the front desk one more time to ask for a printout of my bill and it had finally been removed.

The bottom line is, I had one night away and I spent it dealing with this insanity. Furthermore, NO ONE should be calling my room after hours unless the hotel is on fire. The actions of both your gift shop and Allison bespeak a very poor level of management at Wyndham Grand Orlando and I fear at Wyndham itself.

Robert Griffith
Stay: Wyndham Grand Orlando, 8/14/2012, Room #610

2  Thank MrRobG

Robert,

I am genuinely sorry for the frustrations you incurred during your stay with us. I have passed along your feedback to our Director of Operations and Director of Finance, who will be addressing your issues with both our Gift Shop as well as our accounting associate.

Unfortunately, the cause of your initial frustration had to do with charges not interfacing with our reservations sytem. That has been resolved and should not occur again.

I greatly appreciate the time you took to inform us of your experience and sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to meet your expectations during another stay. I have your address on file and will be sending a package to your attention.

Again, thank you and if I can be of further assistance, please do not hestiate to contact me directly.

rjacobs@wyndham.com