“Dublin Family staying in Marco Island”

Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Ranked #73 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
MARCO ISLAND
“Dublin Family staying in Marco Island”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The room was adequate for our needs although the bathroom was a bit small. There were 4 of us sharing a room for 2 nights and there was only enough shampoo/conditioner for one night, so we had to ask for extra. Also, it would have been nice if the bottled water was replaced on the second day. We are used to getting an all-in price in Ireland, so it was a bit of a shock to have all the extras added on, (obviously tax, we know about), but car parking per day was extra plus tax, also extra charges for resort fees plus tax, occupancy fee plus tax, so our original 'deal' didn't seem to be such great value in the end. Room service for 2 hot chocolates and 3 cookies was $31.58!.. and we gave a tip!! (not realising that room service charge was already billed) The food in the restaurant was very nice, both for breakfast and evening meal. Staff in restaurant were very friendly and attentive. Not pleased that check-in was 4pm and check-out 11am. We arrived at 2pm after a 4 hour drive and our room was not ready. Check in/out times are more flexible in Ireland.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
SPRINGFIELD
Reviewed August 17, 2012

great hotel, fantastic location, awesome service. I travel to Orlando on business a few times a year and I am so pleased with the service and location here that i have recommended it to a few people.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The property and location were fantastic! Great couples or family setting, you really don't need to leave the property!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

West Palm Beach
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this hotel, overall it is a beautiful place, and the ammenities are fabulus. The rooms are a bit small, and pretty generic. I did have a bad experience after checking in, I was let into a room by one of the staff members when I told him that my card was not working. Then 3 hours later, after we unpacked, settled in, and were wating for him to bring back our key cards so we could go eat, some egineers showed up with a bell hop, and a cart and said they had made a mistake, we were in the wrong room!!! they made us pack up and moved us to another room that was very inferior. I have never been so humiliated in all my life, nor has that ever happened to me. My kids were crying and upset as well, and we were starving!! I aked to speak to the manager, and it was the same person that let us into the room!!! How could somebody be so incompetent, and heartless. I ended up leaving some stuff behind in that room, wich we never did get back. This really happend...unbelievable!!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed in the Wyndham for 12 nights in August and got the room I had requested unlike my previous visit when they advised me I had not booked a room with a balcony even though I know I did. When you book through the Wyndham website the room type does not show on you reservation confirmation so this time I added a comment regarding the requested room type.

Pool is great for young children with walk in area and not too deep. Pool entertainment was good and my 5 year old loved it. They could do with more sun umbrellas - I had to get a cabana on a couple of occasions as all sunbeds with umbrellas were taken.

Room was nice although bathroom is small and balcony overlooked pool and could see Epcot fireworks.

Housekeeping was terrible - towels appeared in short supply as very rarely did we have a full set of bath, hand and facecloth. On one occasion we had been left only 2 bath towels for 4 of us and when I phoned to get some more as we were all wanting a shower before going out for dinner I had to phone a second time 40 mins later to see where they were. No apology just said we will see what we can do and seemed perturbed that I had the audacity to ask when they would be sent up (it was after 6pm after all). Room was not hoovered during our stay and toilet tissue seemed also in short supply. Again I had to phone on 2 separate occasions asking for some.

Rooms were rarely cleaned before 4.30pm and on several occasions after 5pm - I could understand if they gave them a good clean but they didn't.

Asked for our sheets to be changed one day as my daughter has spilled juice - they changed just one of the beds and moved the dirty duvet cover from one bed to the other.

This is a good hotel if they could get housekeeping sorted. Not worth the extra for valet parking as the garage is right next door to the hotel with a connecting door straight into the hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
First, thank you very much for staying with us again! I am so sorry that portions of your visit were tarnished by your guestroom housekeeping experience. I will be meeting with our Director of Housekeeping to advise her of the feedback you provided so that we can take steps to correct these kinds of errors. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention and we hope to see you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our Wonderful Stay was better than I ever expected. The Hotel was lovely but I have stayed in very beautiful hotels before. The reason this vacation was so wonderful was the friendly, helpful, sincere staff. They truly exceeded all expectations. Thank you!!!!
Didn't use the internet so did not answer that question.
Did not answer questions regarding breakfast. I have a wheat free family so had to bring gluten free items. The hotel was very cooperate regarding this. Again I thank you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Thank you very much for your kind feedback! I am so glad you had such an enjoyable visit with us. We hope to see you again soon; please reach out to me directly the next time you are planning a trip to Orlando.

rjacobs@wyndham.com
MAPLETON
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Hotel was really nice. I loved the four pools and the restaurants that went with them. I wish the bathrooms were bigger. The door ran into the toilet and not much room to get dressed or dry off. Otherwise nice.

Lonny,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. If you have another moment to spare, would you reach out to me, via either phone or email, and provide me with your reservation details or room number? I would like to have my Engineering Director fix the issue you mentioned in your bathroom with the door and toilet. Thank you again for your business!

407-390-2300