“Timeshare Visit”

Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Ranked #77 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
“Timeshare Visit”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Wyndham Grand Orlando was a wonderful stay and an excellent hotel experience, even though it was a little pricey I opted to purchase so that I can share the plesent encounter with my family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
PEMBROKE PINES
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hotel is very beautiful. Staff at registration could be a little more informative, very little direction for parking procedure. Our room faced the parking garage, which would not have been an issue if we were staying for two days but our vacation was 5 nights and 6 days waking up to the garage (not a pretty site and hard to get motivated. We needed to keep the shades closed so that no-one from the garage would see). Requested a room change and personnel stated that they could not change rooms unless there was a serious problem with the room we had. The night of check out my daughter got sick and ended up going to sleep very late, I called the front to see if we could pay for late check-out and that was not possible either. Personnel stated that do to other reservations the most they could accommodate was an extra hour. This was very upsetting; other hotels that we have stayed at have always been very accommodating with any request made whether it was a room change, half day check out and even an extra night. If this hotel would have accommodated us we probably would have stayed a few extra days to enjoy the pools.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Four people registered in room. Housekeeping left two towels. First hairdryer faulty. Replacement also faulty. Didn't bring third for two days. It took two more calls. Third day.....no toilet paper. Phone call didn't create fast response. My wife had to go down to lobby to pick up roll for my son waiting in bathroom.
Other features of hotel were good but this spoiled it.

MCDONOUGH
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel and staff were the best. My family really enjoyed this trip.. I found no problems with this hotel. We are difinitly planning a return trip in the next few months.

Indianapolis
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Resort is conveniently located close to Disney and restaurants but tucked away as if on a private island. Good amenities for kids and great views of the Disney fireworks from our balcony. At night the resort erected a movie screen at the pool and ran the Muppets movies which also went over well with the kids. Service was terrific and rooms were comfortable and well appointed.

DOUGLASVILLE
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Couldn't be any better. The entire family enjoyed the stay. I do suppose if the trip was a little longer we would have gotten to see and do more things. The children are interested in coming again and staying longer provided we plan a little more leisure activities. I would have also like to have a microwave on site on within the rooms. It was a bit wasteful to through away lots of food that we could not getting for dinner. I asked and one person stated yes, they had something, however two of the housekeepers gave a bit of a run around. Overall the trip was absolutely wonderful.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I am a business traveler and spent 11 nights at the hotel. As a business traveler hotels become my home away from home. For a Wyndham Grand the service levels were poor. Although the place is beautiful my bathroom was not cleaned properly. The shower was not cleaned and to test the cleaning lady I left the soap wrapper on the floor and it was never removed. I had a package delivered to the hotel and it sat 2 days without any notification I had a package. After tracking the package I saw it was delivered. After going to the front desk I was told we dont have a policy that require us to notify guest that they have a package. I did dry cleaning was never delivered to the room had to call downstairs after 10pm to get them to send it up. After speaking to the manager I was told sorry and a credit will be placed on the bill never received the credit. Overall the hotel is nice but needs to work on the service levels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I sincerely apologize our service levels did not meet your expectations. I will be addressing your conerns with our Housekeeping and Shipping departments. Please reach out to me at 407-390-2300 so I can address the credit you were promised, but did not receive. I will take care of it for you immediately.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us and letting us know the details of your stay.

Kind regards,