“Wyndham Grand Orlando Hotel Review”

Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Ranked #74 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here during our Disney Trip and really enjoyed it. We were in a double queen, bunkbed room and would highly recommend it. Our kids had their own separate little area with a t.v. to wind down with at night. The room was equipped with a mini-fridge that came in handy. Room was very clean and well-appointed. Guests are allowed to take advantage of the Lazy River at the Wyndham Time Share Resort among other amenities. The Lazy River was great as was the Grand's pool. Service was courteous and friendly. The shuttle could have left earlier in the mornings, (need to add an early morning hour, so you can get to the parks when they open) but other than that it was fine. We enjoyed the poolside lounge and the fire pit outside. There are also grills at the adjoining properties. We were all impressed with the property overall. Beautiful landscaping and spacious rooms. Clean bathrooms. We will definately stay again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
WyndhamGrandOrlando, Resort Management at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Hello Karligirl,

Thank you for your stay at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek and your great review!

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the Resort's many amenities and Back Bay Pool Bar and Grill! It is our goal to ensure that every guest has an incredible experience. Please do not hesitate to contact the Resort Management directly if there is anything we can do to further enhance a future stay with us.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the near future!

Resort Management

Write a ReviewReviews (5,364)

Reviewed April 12, 2012

4 star new hotel just a short drive from Epcot and Downtown Disney. Outside and inside of Hotel are new and fresh looking. Hotel has everything a typical resort has. It is located on a lake with multiple timeshare towers around it. Upon checkin the employee at the desk was not overly friendly, tried to give me a different room than we booked. Every other employee we incountered during our stay seemed friendly,greeted you with a smile and a hello. We never had a sale pitch or request about viewing or purchasing a timeshare. Do not claim your free gift and you will never be bothered.We booked the Deluxe Queen double, why it is called deluxe I have no idea, it is the hotel's basic room . It has a standard outlay, but it did have a slightly larger tv than most hotels have. It had no balcony or windows that open. One thing lacking was a door or curtain by bathroon sink area for privacy. The room was neat and tidy, only thing I notice was that light colored areas of carpet had some dirt stains and there was some hair and dust in corners of bathroom. Housekeeping did a really good job keeping the room stocked with towels,ect. during our eight day stay. That's a first. One negative of the room would be the floors could be cleaned better. The resort grounds spand a distance and look beautiful . The Hotel has largest pool, counted 6 total. There is a pool by each timeshare tower except one. We were there the week before Easter ,which is a peak week and it was hot. The pools are basically small for amount of people that stay there and were packed with kids. At the Hotel pool with zero entry the water is shallow in most of the pool and the shape of the pool makes it hard to swim in Great for kids. Childern usually do not bother me, but for the last few years at other resorts and this year at this resort, which was the worst some parents just let their kids go wild,running on wet area's and constantly jumping in shallow areas. Some were even doing back dives and flips into the water where it was 3 feet deep or less. One moms response, she wave to other childern to get out of the way so her kid could do backflips into the water. Employees that did pass by did not seem to care,suppose swim at your own risk. It would of been nice if there was a adult pool or hours like some other resorts have. Also I missed being able to take a morning swim ,pool does not open till 8a.m. Which brings me to the resort fee, this new trend hotels have adding this extra fee later to make their upfront rate look lower. It should just be added to the rate. All it does is upset people,I knew of the extra fees before booking, read fine print. It added $30.78 a day resort fee parking and tax. So unable to enjoy the pool, the Hotel park transportion is subpar compared to other resorts inside Disney. Wireless internet was inconsisent, ended up using my datapack usually. In a nut shell resort fee was not a good deal for us . And paid parking? I guess if you do not have a car there is a savings. Though being there without one could be very inconvenient and costly. You are not in walking distance of anything. I did like the fact that the hotel is connected to the parking garage with a elevator. The food we did eat there was good and wait staff seem to try their best to sevre you. Compared to offical Disney resorts you get more for your dollar.

Room Tip: If I could do it over I would of picked a room with a balcony, so well could enjoy Florida's bea...
2  Thank michigantraveler70
WyndhamGrandOrlando, Resort Management at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Hello Michigantraveler70,

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the Resort's many amenities! However, please accept my appologies for the issues that you had experienced during your stay. Please know, your feedback has been shared with the appropriate departments to ensure anything that can be, will be corrected for future stays at the Resort.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Very nice hotel. Great location, in heart of Walt Disney World, just off Buena Vista Drive at Bonnet Creek. The hotel is situated on a lake along with the Wyndham Bonnet Creek time share buildings. There is a walkway around the lake and showing your room key allows you to take advantage of the time share facilities such as playgrounds, grills, a stage, miniature golf, ping pong and the pools. The pools are different, two have slides, one has a lazy river, and there are small child play areas. The hotel has a child activity center, arcade, spa and exercise facilities. Our room was very nice, a king with a sofa bed. We did not valet as self parking was covered and very convenient. A big plus was the Deep Blu restaurant just off the main lobby. We'll come back to the hotel just for the restaurant!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to get a good view.
1  Thank Rudy386

Hello Rudy386,

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the Resort's many amenities! I've also shared your feedback with our team in deep blu seafood grille. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I love this place! I did a lot of research before deciding to stay in WDW and I am excited we are here! Since I booked a few months in advance I got a steal of a rate at $95 nightly, I should be paying at least double! We're here on Spring Break visiting Mickey and Minnie and staying here makes our vacation even better. Our flight comes in a little early and we were greeted right away with valet and bellhop helping us with our luggage. Check in is at 4:00pm and we got to the resort a little before 2:00 I was able to check in early. Our room was already clean but needed to be inspected and that took just a few minutes. No big deal since we were so early. It did give us a chance to explore the resort. This place is gorgeous!
Room:
Very clean and spacious
True Blue Spa (Bath and Body Works) bath products
Mini Refrigerator *nice bonus*
Heated Walk In Pool - My daughter is not a fan of pools but since she was able to walk into the pool she really enjoyed herself
Shuttle Service to all WDW Parks - On time
Shuttle Service to offered to Universal and SeaWorld for a fee

There are planned kids activities throughout the day and since we were here for Easter they offered to deliver Easter baskets to the kiddos (for a small fee). They even have a parents night out deal nightly for $12 a child/hour. If you dine at their Deep Blu restaurant then you can get up to 2 free hours for each child/per adult. Overall this is one of the best resorts we have stayed at and will be back again.
Sad that we have to check out tomorrow :(

2  Thank jade1104
WyndhamGrandOrlando, Resort Management at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Hello D H,

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the Resort's many amenities! It's great to hear that everyone enjoyed their stay, but we're also sad to see you leave! Please do not hesitate to contact the Resort directly in the future if we can be of any assistance.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

After a lot of researching hotels, this VS. Disney, I chose the Wyndham grand for our first family vacation to Disney World. Knowing my two children, 4 and 6, would not do well in a bed together, we loved the idea of the bunk beds. They loved it, and we all slept well after busy days at the parks. The pictures of the hotel online do not do it justice. The resort is absolutely beautiful, the walking path is great for kids, and all the pools...especially the lazy river, were wonderful. We went end of March, a very busy time, but never felt the pools were too crowded. Other complaints about the sun are kind of silly, as I found the sun moved around quite nicely. We really enjoyed the pools and hot tubs at night as well!
We have never stayed a week in a hotel before, without a car, so we did feel a tad confined to the hotel. The restaurants were ok, but we did get sick of eating restaurant food after awhile. We took a cab(dont laugh) to Walmart, and stocked up on breakfast food, snacks, water, beer, and disney stuff. It cost $40 round trip, but well worth the money we saved. There are also public BBQ's close by. Great for Hot dogs.

The shuttles to the parks worked out well for us, just make sure you dont miss your bus, or you could be waiting another few hours for another one. A free shuttle to the Airport would aslo be a bonus. I didnt realize how far away it was and the taxi, costs are approx $60-$70. each way.
We loved our room, and we found housekeeping, very helpful and friendly. They were always around if you needed something. Seriously, I dont need my towels and linens changed everyday. The people complaining about the housekeeping need to get off their high horse!
The only downfall about our room was that there was not a balcony, that would have been nice for my husband and I, but really, not a big deal.

The kids loved the kids club, we did take advantage of the crafts a few days. The girls working there were really nice.
All in all we absolutely loved this hotel. I will recommend it to others. We had a fabulous trip!

1  Thank D H
WyndhamGrandOrlando, Resort Management at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Hello D H,

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the Resort's many amenities, including the Resort's complimentary Walt Disney World Shuttle, and access to the Resort's many pools! I'm also so glad to hear that your kids loved their bunk beds!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Reserved room for 2 nights on the Wyndham website for $130 a night. Checked in at 3:30, mentioned to the check in person that I would like a quiet room away from the elevator since I am a light sleeper, he assigned room 402, said it was down the hall. What I did not know was that it was right next door to the service elevator room. Every time a employee used that room the walls would shake because they would slam the door shut. They used that elevator late at night and early in the morning. I did call the front desk on the 1st night if the noise would continue, she said she would log a noise complaint. The noise continued for both nights. Upon Check out I went to the front desk and mentioned I had the worst nights sleep due to all the noise. The clerk said, oh we have not had any complaints, she did not even apologize.

Bottom line - Poor service, noisy room, with all the other choices in the area, why stay here? Also this room had a beautiful view of the parking garage.

If the management would like to discuss further, I checked out on 3/31, I am sure you have my contact info.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms ending with 02.
7  Thank Mary S

Hello Mary S,

Thank you for your stay at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek and your review!

Please accept my appologies for your poor experiences during your stay. We strive to ensure that every guest has an amazing and memorable experience with the Resort, and again, please accept my appologies that we were unable to meet this during your stay.

We have shared your feedback with the appropriate departments, and invite you to contact the Resort directly to further discuss with the Resort Management.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed in the king bed/bunk bed combo room on the concierge level of the hotel. It was better than the beautiful pictures on the website. We looked over the pools and lake. The Epcot fireworks were visible from our window. The service was wonderful--a housekeeper accidentally broke our daughter's old hairbrush, and we received a hand-written apology letter with an offer of compensation. I was very impressed! The concierge food options were pretty good. They had no crackers one night, but lots of cheese! The grilled vegetables were delicious--they filled in for my vegetarian daughter's dinner one night. And I am kind of glad they don't serve alcohol as part of the concierge level. My kids bought the best brownies from the coffee shop in the lobby. The girl behind the counter was so sweet to them. The lobby was decorated in a luxurious modern style. It is a beautiful hotel full of alcoves with gorgeous sitting areas. The pools were all a lot of fun. The kids really enjoyed the variety. I would go back tomorrow if I could!
My only suggestion is to put reading lights in the bunk bed alcove--there is only an overhead light.

Room Tip: The view of the pool is gorgeous, but it is a bit loud in the morning--they pressure wash and blow...
1  Thank RussellFamily27609
WyndhamGrandOrlando, Resort Management at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Hello RussellFamily27609,

I am so glad that you enjoyed the Resort's many amenities, and that these features along with our staff were able to create an amazing experience for you and your family.