“Gorgeous, friendly, fun & pricey.”

Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Ranked #74 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Everyone was friendly from the front desk to the security guards. This place rivals a Vegas hotel in luxury. The pool(s) were fabulous. The zero entry was a nice touch and oh yes the pool heaters were running!

The room was beautiful and clean. I was upset I didnt realize until we were checking out that there were robes in the closet we could have used.

We used the shuttle for Disney attractions. Just realize there are two Wyndhams at Bonnet Creek. Your bus is CLEARLY marked "Wyndham Grand Orlando". We were provided the times at check in. These guys were either early or right on time.

The only hangup were food prices. $4 For a beer is expected, but 2 Croisants, a muffin and an OJ for $17+ ?? Dinner at the pool bar for 2 adults and a 5yr old with appetizer, burgers and a kids meal (2 beers) ran us $72 with tip - service was excellent however.

Let me recommend Super Shuttle as well. We paid $86 (with tip) online before our trip for a shared van to and from the airport. To our surprised we picked up from the airport in a Suburban and then picked up from the hotel in an extended Town Car. Both ways we were the only ones in the car.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Giantman344
WyndhamGrandOrlando, Resort Management at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Hello MrPolice,

Thank you for your stay at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek and your great review!

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the Resort's many amenities as well as our team's service! We strive to ensure every guest has a memorable stay with us.

Resort Management

Write a ReviewReviews (5,362)

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Had a meeting at the hotel that required an overnight stay. This property is "at Disney" but in a tucked away area that can be difficult to find. Be sure to use a gps to find it--especially if driving at night.

Once there, there was plenty of parking in their parking garage. At check-in I signed a statement saying that there would be an overnight parking charge, but it never appeared--and the garage was open--no tickets/no gates, so they could be planning on this in the future, but not charging yet. It'd be a shame for them to charge for parking since there is nothing else in the immediate area that someone would park there for.

Also upon check-in was a statement that there is a $16 resort fee that could be added. I guess our group rate had that negotiated out because it didn't appear on the bill; but be forewarned and ask when making a reservation. $16 is a bit steep for a "resort fee" especially since the real attraction is Disney.

That said, this is a beautiful property. The lobby level is "open" with nice seating areas, long bar, a cafe, front desk area all just sort of sprawling. Very comfortable/casual, totally spic and span. It is obvious that this is a newer property and well-maintained.

Sleeping room was also clean, well-equipped, comfortable bed, nice amenities in bathroom. Overall stay was fine.

Service could be a bit more attentive/customer focused. Upon check-in they provide a "certificate" for a 'free gift'--which is given when you present the certificate for a sales pitch for timeshares. I provided a tax-exempt certificate upon check-in since I work for a non-profit and should not be charged sales tax. The front desk clerk was more interested in being sure I get my "free gift" than taking my information. I left the certificate for her to attach to my folio.

That night my voicemail light was on. When I checked messages, expecting it to be one of my colleagues it turned out to be the time share person wanting me to come visit. Very frustrating.

When I got my bill the next morning the sales tax was charged. When I called to get it fixed, I explained the issue to the person on the phone. She had me repeat the situation twice and asked for all my details. Then she asked me to hold for a moment and after several minutes I was transferred to someone else who knew nothing about why I was on the phone. I had to explain everything again. She said she'd fix it, but then was rude when I asked for a late check out. I called and spoke with a manager who apologized profusely--for both the sales tax mixup (claiming it was a system wide mistake) and the rude staff person. She granted me the late checkout with no issue.

Or so I thought. When I went to my room just before noon, my key no longer worked. I had to go back to the front desk and get it rekeyed. By that time it was clear that it wasn't worth the extra hour so I just packed up my room and took everything to the car. I had planned to change clothes after a business luncheon, but the hotel's service wasn't so great I couldn't trust that the key would work after lunch.

This is really a very beautiful, clean, crisp property. It feels nice to be there. I'm hopeful that they can work out the few service kinks--these weren't super major or serious, but they are very annoying. If they put as much attention into providing excellent customer service as they do in hawking time shares, they would have an AAAAA++++++ property.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fun1wpb
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Wow, amazing hotel on Disney property! We booked a regular room, but when we checked in asked for an upgrade. We paid a small fee, and were put on the concierge level. DEFINATELY worth the extra $$. You get a nightly snack, as well as a complimentary continental breakfast. You also get access to a private balcony to watch the Epcot fireworks! Also, we were a family of four, LOVED the bunk bed room! The kids had their own private flat screen TV in their 'room', and we had a lot of space in the main bedroom. The only downside is that the shuttles to the Disney parks do not run as frequently as at some other properties. It was a beautiful hotel, and I would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: request a room on the concierge floor. The extras are worth the extra fees. If you are traveling w...
1  Thank Apey1000

Hello Apey1000,

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the Resort's many amenities as well as the family friendly features throughout the Resort! I'm so glad to hear that you took full advantage of the Concierge Lounge, as well as your kids having a great time in our Family Bunk Bed Rooms!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

This hotel is beautiful. I also booked off of Priceline, but unlike a previous reviewer I called the hotel beforehand, asking about the room. They also had booked us in the handicap accessible section but I asked to be moved since we have two small children and they needed the bathtub for nightly baths. They also made sure that we had 2 Queen beds as requested. I really don't think anyone working at the hotel cares how you booked the hotel room, whether it be on priceline or not. Who doesn't want to save a few dollars?? Anyway they made sure we had a different room without any hesitation. The pools are beautiful here also. Towels are available at the pool and there are plently of lounge chairs. They also told us that we could use the pool facilities at the neighboring Wyndham timeshare complex (complete with lazy rivers) AT NO CHARGE but we did not take advantage of this since we were too busy going to Disney. Nice, new buses took us to and from the parks each day for free. You must follow the schedule though and the buses are ON TIME and don't wait one minute past the posted time for anyone who may be running late. The only downside of the hotel was that the breakfast bar/starbucks station was quite expensive. But, that was to be expected I guess and it was fine for a nice strong cup of coffee and a light meal before the day started. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: The rooms with the balconies looked nice. I was glad we didn't have one since we have two small...
1  Thank kate_k_11_11

Hello Kate_K_11_11,

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Bed was excellent. TV choices quite good. Help was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank dmarsett

Hello Dmarsett,

I am so glad that you enjoyed the Resort's features and amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed February 17, 2012

What a great surprise this was! We booked two rooms for 1 night in February for a spur of the moment family trip. We used one of the popular hotel auction sites and was able to secure a rate of 129.00/room. Perfect!!! This resort is on the Disney property about 1.5 miles from Downtown Disney. It is not a resort property (officially) so there was no Disney transportation. No problem, we drove the short bit to Downtown Disney's Marketplace, parked for free, and accessed the bus from there. The hotel is new, high end, and beautiful. The rooms were well appointed. Checked in @11:00am and was in the pool minutes later. The area is a quiet tranquil one, but you are only seconds away from all the action. My one negative would be the free shuttle service offered by the hotel. I found the time schedule to not work well for our group. I wouldn't count on this schedule as it may leave you out of luck after a long day. Drive to Marketplace and go from there! Would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: high floor
4  Thank Bikeshopgal

Hello Bikeshopgal,

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the Resort's many amenities as well as our fantastic location! Thank you as well for your feedback regarding the complimentary Theme-Park shuttle. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department to follow up.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

This is an amazing resort with all the amenities. Upon your arrival you will be surprised by how much detail was put into the decor and architecture of the lobby and entrance. This is hands down the nicest Wyndham property I have ever visited. The GM and Executive Chef both came from another top tier resort and it really shows. The food at the seafood restaurant was excellent, I recommend the Crab cakes. The pool and pool bar area are a great place to relax and the location is central to everything Disney. For the kids there is a game room with a full arcade and room to roam the premises. Another great perk? PET FRIENDLY. We will stay here time and time again and I recommend you checkout for your family vacation.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank topherashley

Hello Topherashley,

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the Resort's many amenities!