“NOM NOM NOM!”
Review of Cafe Bistro at Nordstrom's - CLOSED

Cafe Bistro at Nordstrom's
Reviewed October 20, 2012

AMAZING!

A hidden gem that you would have never known was there! Tucked away on the Second Floor of Nordstrom in the Florida Mall!

As you can see, nothing but great reviews so far! Dinner tonight for me was their Chicken and Mushroom Gnocchi! SO TASTY.

Service is great, and they a very diverse menu! There is bound to be something that suits your fancy!

I unfortunately did not get to sample their desserts. They did look oh-so-tasty, but didn't have the appetite for it at the moment!

Will be going back for sure!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Talk about uncovering a "hidden gem." Tucked away in the back of the second floor of Nordstrom's (in that most feared territory for most men: women's clothing departments) is my new favorite "fast casual" restaurant. The Bistro is really "fine dining" in a "fast casual" guise. Ordering as you walk in may lull you into believing this might be a Panera like establishment (and I love Panera), but don't be fooled. The creativity of the menu, the freshness of the food, the quality of the ingredients, and the level of service all scream "haute cuisine." This is truly a great restaurant, by ANY measure. I am actually leaning toward naming the Bistro at this Nordstrom my new favorite restaurant of all time!

Our waiter, Scott was as cheerful, helpful, and sharp as the finest servers we have had at the finest dining establishments. As this was a late lunch, I had a sandwich and my wife enjoyed a salad. I have never seen anything like these two dishes. The presentation was excellent, the colors vivid, and the taste off the charts. Imagine a turkey club with perfectly toasted bread, hand carved turkey, fresh avocado, perfectly blanched and chilled green beans, lettuce and tomato with actual flavor. Mmmmmmmm. And fries to die for. Crisp, not greasy, herbed, with a Kalmata olive dipping sauce. I just finished eating and am already craving another.

There is only one problem with finding great eatery like this in a major department store: I will actually enjoy shopping trips to the mall now (did I mention they serve beer, too?). This place is THAT good!

1  Thank pastmaps
Reviewed August 4, 2012

When you are feeling a little hungry during a long day of shopping, you have to stop by Nordstrom's for lunch. Most people do not know about it, but the cafe is amazing! It is upstairs in the back. They have amazing food. The first thing that sticks out are the cilantro shoestring fries. I crave these daily. Their salads (warm goat cheese and salmon) are topped with amazing hand made dressings (try the dark cherry vinaigrette). My favorite items, though, are the sandwiches. I LOVE the citrus turkey and mojo pork. But always remember to check the specials. They are currently serving a pulled beef with a tomato jam, and it is incredible. Their desserts look amazing, and I have heard that they are, but I have yet to try them.
The space is amazing, too. It is quiet and calm with jazz music filling the space. The open kitchen adds to the ambiance as you watch the wood fired oven making pizzas. This is definitely a place to try, even if you are just in the area.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We were looking for a late lunch while shopping at the Florida Mall during our spring break vacation. We decided to try the cafe at Nordstrom. We've never been to a Nordstrom cafe before, but we wanted someplace quiet to rest and fill up. We weren't expecting much from a department store cafe...oh were we surprised!

My hubby and I both ordered sandwiches. Mine was a smoked turkey with a cranberry chutney. It had cheese in it, and being lactose intolerant for cow dairy, I requested goat cheese instead. My hubby had the chicken sandwich. Both sandwich orders came with herbed frieds. We shared a chicken tortilla soup. Oh my goodness! The food blew me away. I had never enjoyed a sandwich and fries and soup as much as I did that day. Even my tea and my hubby's coffee were fantastic. Truly memorable.

To add to this, service was amazing. Our waiter aimed to please, constantly coming by with refills of hot water and coffee. My cheese substitution for goat cheese was kindly observed.

We're coming back to Orlando in July, and we will be back to this cafe.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

It is hard to believe, but this little restaurant, tucked upstairs in the Nordstrom's at Orlando's Florida Mall is one of our favorite lunch spots. This is absolutely not food court fare - the Bistro uses fresh, hand-carved ingredients to make wonderful sandwiches, soups, salads and desserts.

My standard is the Citrus Turkey, with hand-carved (not lunch meat) turkey, cranberries, and lettuce on a whole-grain ciabatta roll. Fabulous. Their french fries (which come with the sandwich) are herbed and excellent, and for those of us who adore olives, come with a kalamata dipping sauce. Truly a lunch experience worth the price anywhere, and a miracle, considering this is a shopping mall.

We've tried a variety of their sandwiches, and enjoyed each one. They even have a bar, and we've indulged in a tiny split of champagne once for a celebration!

The Man and I meet her often for lunch (halfway between home and work) and I visit it with girlfriends on occasion as well.

Orlando has so few decent restaurants, and a good, interesting sandwich is something to savor. Here is one to try, for anyone in the local area on business, vacation, or just shopping at their local mall. I rarely give out a 5 star, but this one earns it, time after time.